classed as a great but losing to the same person twice?

Good list but Penn to GSP doesn't count. Penn won the first fight, GSP was gifted a split decision. The second fight, GSP cheated and should have been disqualified. Got swept under the rug to keep the GSP/GOAT UFC hype going but if you look it up, you will see the real story.
I watched both i thought the first was a draw and mma judges are still scared of draws to this day, but I was pro Penn during greasegate

Chuck can't be great either, lost twice to Rampage. Silva lost twice to Weidman. Fedor should fight Mitrione again so we can remove him from the GOAT list.

Dan Henderson is an ATG but has lost to Vitor twice.

Shut up
SelfreliantMealyArgentineruddyduck.gif
Just have to be a new fan, makes sense no hate but you don't know what your talking about.

Hughes lost to Hallman before he ever became champ.

OP also doesn't take into account that Matt Hughes had 2 different title runs, once defending his belt 2 times and another defending his belt 5 times, for a total of 7 title defenses.

Sakuraba lost to Wanderlei Silva fifteen times. He's still a legend.

OP also doesn't take into account that Matt Hughes had 2 different title runs, once defending his belt 2 times and another defending his belt 5 times, for a total of 7 title defenses.
False. Hallman stole Hughes’s soul. He was never the same again.

Can you be classed as a great if you lost to the same person twice ? I’m thinking Matt Hughes being a great but lost twice to Dennis Hallman? JDS losing to Cain twice, Overeem losing to shogun twice ?

If asked would you say that Matt Hughes was better than Dennis Hallman, because MMA not being a team sport the answer has to be no as they fought twice and he lost twice?

Nogueira is a great and he lost twice to fedor.

Yes, a fighter can be great and lose to the same person twice, especially in the case of fighters who lose to a greatest-of-all-time candidate such as Big Nog who lost to Fedor, DC who lost to Jon Jones, and Frankie Edgar who lost to Aldo.

Back