Crime Mass Shooting in Texas Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping guns out of poor black neighborhoods until the gangs go away...nothing wrong there
CHECK!

Social programs to help blacks get by until jobs arrive...dont see anything wrong here... CHECK!

So far so good.

Notice mr. X said conservatives were not the answer either.

The blacks are better around liberals.
Look how blacks are treated in the deep south than in liberal areas.
The VERY first gun control laws in this country were targeted at freed black men, the banning of open carry in 1969 in CA was targeted towards the black panthers. Rosa parks remarked about taking turns sitting with her grandparents on the porch, armed with a shotgun, as did most of the neighbors because it kept the KKK at bay.

Congress in 1968 banned the importation of cheap handguns which were disproportionately bought by women of poorer backgrounds as self protection firearms. So, yes again they are targeting, directly or not poor minorities with their laws.

Young angry white male? Who could have guessed that??
Right. It's not like white people make up 65 percent of america. Idiot. Of course, anyone who shoots up a place is angry. Statistically speaking, a random crime will more than likely be a white person. What about the 13 percent of angry black males who commit 50 percent of our nation's murder, huh? Fucking nerd

If that is true than the Air Force is more fucked up and lenient than I thought
Honestly I'm getting really fucking sick of the military dropping the fucking ball on giving deserved Dishonorable Discharges.

They are letting assholes skate on lesser BCD, less than honorable or just resigning, etc and then shit like this comes down.

Too late. This

71LPZ4AHozL._SY355_.jpg

is now this

master-chief-thumbnail-708x398-cd2e0516ab49409c823985737dfad08b.jpg

according to the media.

yep! It feels weird to laugh or smile at such a serious matter but your picture of how the media portrays it is humorous. But I kind of feel guilty for finding humor in this situation but at the same time it is a good coping mechanism.
I think the heroic neighbor shot the killer (Kelley) who bled out in his SVU which led to his crash.....just speculation.

I believe just camo can be considered tactical gear. I don't think Kelley had bullet resistant or armor plated gear.

Honestly I'm getting really fucking sick of the military dropping the fucking ball on giving deserved Dishonorable Discharges.

They are letting assholes skate on lesser BCD, less than honorable or just resigning, etc and then shit like this comes down.
Gotta love the military justice system - where the punishment for smoking weed on your off time is worse than getting multiple DUIs.

What I find disgusting, is everyone wants to assign a political party to the nutjob shooter.
Why do we need to assign a political party to a shooter. I have never seen so much media manipulation in my life. I don't know if people are trolling but as a country we are broken. When things like this used to happen, the country would unite, now we use it to divide and point fingers.
I have resigned myself to think the general voting public in the US are just too stupid to foster any kind of change on this once great country. We used to like each other, now its just hate.
Today I realized America that my forefathers fought for is dead.

FOX News (TV) now saying Bad Conduct rather than Dishonorable Discharge

What I find disgusting, is everyone wants to assign a political party to the nutjob shooter.
Why do we need to assign a political party to a shooter. I have never seen so much media manipulation in my life. I don't know if people are trolling but as a country we are broken. When things like this used to happen, the country would unite, now we use it to divide and point fingers.
I have resigned myself to think the general voting public in the US are just too stupid to foster any kind of change on this once great country. We used to like each other, now its just hate.
Lots of truth in this post

This is absolutely true about gun control: however, gun control used to be a conservative issue, because it was levied very exclusively against black citizens and Chinese work immigrants.

I don't think the usage of social programs has been particularly insidious, but there is that famous quote by LBJ during the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 about locking down black voters. But the CRA wasn't a welfare program bill: it was a law that made it illegal to discriminate on the basis of race/sex/religion, etc. in employment and government actions.
Absolutely true. It is completely illogical and immoral to create laws about 'basic human rights' that discriminate based on class (rich/poor) and race. I'm not absolving any party of anything they did in the past, but every single one of this country's gun laws is either classist or racist in nature. From the 1934, 1968 gun control acts, the crime bill and the hughes amendment. Every one of those laws discriminates on either race or class. If you have the money you can get around every one of those laws, either prohibit things all together, or not at all.

And to anyone who runs for an office or calls their representatives DO IT BASED on facts, not feelings

With all the hate in the world, it makes me even less likely to want to get rid of the guns in my home (hubby is a gun enthusiast)

Are you trying to argue that the Left are justified in being bullies because Trump does it to?
FOX News reported that he had previously spent 12 months in the brig (military jail?) for beating his wife and kid. He was later dishonorably discharged.

edit: per unconfirmed rumors, his mother-in-law has a PO box in Sutherland Springs.
which as a dishonorable discharge the military should've tossed him on a watchlist and kept an eye on him.

Also he was a prohibited person BY federal law AND posted about his guns on facebook (rumor, not sure of credibility) which could've easily been checked out

I heard that the shooter was from Comal County (I'm in New Braunfels, TX which is in Comal County) but then others news outlets are saying he was from a suburb of San Antonio (we aren't a suburb of SA). I guess he lived in the southern area of Comal County (outside New Braunfels city) where it abuts Bexar County (SA).

I thought if he had a domestic violence conviction he would not be able to legally own a firearm.
Domestic violence (even as a misdemeanor) disqualifies people from firearm ownership according to the 68 and 86 gun control bills, the posession of a firearm by a prohibited person carries a mandatory 10 year sentence in federal, use in a crime carries a 20 year sentence.

Prosecutors and judges hardly ever give out those penalties...

Don't give up.

We can change it. If you and I are good people, someone around us will be a good person. And someone around them.

The issue isn't partisan, but the solution is. And the Left's solution has been effectively overruled, with no alternatives presented. I just politicians on the Right to acknowledge that this is even a problem, which they seem unwilling to do.
The politicians on the right submitted a policy that would institute a "universal background check" system, the left came back with magazine bans, feature bans and other bans on semi automatic guns and ammo tracking. Surprisingly the over-reach from the left and adding all that juicy pork to the bill killed it.

With all the hate in the world, it makes me even less likely to want to get rid of the guns in my home (hubby is a gun enthusiast)
I went ten years without shooting a gun, got tired of it, bored of the same old crap.

The constant 'we need to take action' feel good measures from the left (typically speaking) got me back into it a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back