• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Tesla just destroyed Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche.

That's about 1.4 g's... impressive.

Don't care for the look. Reminds me of a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Roadster_Rear_34_Studio_1.jpg

vs

236908.jpg

Interior looks bland, sterile.

Wouldn't be worth it to me.

9 sec 1/4 mile is damn impressive, though aesthetics wise that car less than desirable. Even an NSX or R8 is much more pleasing to the eye. Who am I to say though. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to cars.

The performance numbers are impressive. I love electric cars overall, and these numbers are great. The appearance can use an upgrade in my opinion but it's a ruff draft. The final product will be fun I imagine.

No, it was their looks too. Most kids, including me, had posters of lamborghinis and ferraris up on their walls. And it wasn't because of how fast they go, it was because they looked freakin awesome.
That's because kids are stupid and easily manipulated. Far too many never grow out of it.

That 620 mile range is what gets me all wet and gooey.

Electric cars have much more binary power so they beat them in the first seconds, but on the long run they don´t come close to a Ferrari or lamborghini.

So Tesla is fake news.

What do you mean? The only reason those cars ever became famous and so expensive is because of speed and performance. The top Ferrari and Lambos cost millions, this crushes their performance for a tenth of the price.
It's like comparing a ww2 fighter with an F35.
This beats them in a DRAG RACE, but still has a long way to go in overall racing performance. Ferraris built their reputation through dominance in races like LeMans which are endurance courses. An EVs battery is halfway spent after one full speed launch. And imagine a Tesla trying to compete in a rally course lmao.

Screenshot-2016-03-06-22.21.281.png

The 1984 RS200 destroys any Tesla. And it was doing 0-60 in 2.1 seconds 30 years ago. Hotter than any poster Lambo. There are levels to this, and Tesla makes a fine road car for suburbanites but can not hang with true performance beasts...yet.

It's an insult that TS is comparing an EV to a Ferrari or Porsche (Lambo I dont care because they are poser cars with no racing pedigree).

A more accurate comparison would be against Dodge Hellcats and Demons.

Don't care for the look. Reminds me of a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Roadster_Rear_34_Studio_1.jpg

vs

236908.jpg

Interior looks bland, sterile.

Wouldn't be worth it to me.

if you travel a lot its an awesome gas saver, the only thing im unsure of if it breaks down unlike other cars you will need a tesla mechanic to get it going and how many of those are there?

Back