Tesla just destroyed Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche.

I've driven the Model S and the experience is so bland. There is nothing visceral about it, no engine noise/rumble. Too quiet, feels like a very quick appliance and not a car. Do not like.

And all the others. The specs on this are out of this world. If this performs as advertised it will change the game forever. Incredible.
0-60 in 1.9 sec. 0-100 in 4.2 sec. <Eek2.0>:eek:

They can keep it. Waiting to see how the Bollinger B1 pans out.

9E8129AB-A12F-40A2-8B2A-37649ED582DE.jpeg

It's an insult that TS is comparing an EV to a Ferrari or Porsche (Lambo I dont care because they are poser cars with no racing pedigree).

A more accurate comparison would be against Dodge Hellcats and Demons.

Its not just me saying this. The top car mag in the world:
"What say you internet? Should the rest of the car industry shut up shop, or will this inspire them to similar feats?"
Screenshot_20171117-090433.jpg
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/new-tesla-roadster-will-go-0-60mph-19s

Amazing specs but the styling is shit. Can't Tesla poach someone from Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin or Mercedes to do the exterior.

Its not just me saying this. The top car mag in the world:
"What say you internet? Should the rest of the car industry shut up shop, or will this inspire them to similar feats?"
View attachment 301591
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/new-tesla-roadster-will-go-0-60mph-19s
everyone knows EV's will take over, thats no big surprise. All EV motors have identical characteristics with infinite torque at 0. The interesting thing will be how EV's are marketed- unlike ICE engines, EV motors are all the same, so automakers will not have signature engines (ie, BMW's inline 6, Porsche's flat 6, Subaru's boxer 4). What will differentiate one car brand from another in this EV future when the only difference between platforms is the volume of batteries it carries?

It's been speculated that they will be sold more like smartphones are today- on software features, ergonomics, and battery size. I'm not ready for that world yet.

if you travel a lot its an awesome gas saver, the only thing im unsure of if it breaks down unlike other cars you will need a tesla mechanic to get it going and how many of those are there?

But who would spend that much just to save some gas? Maybe for the novelty of it but not for the economics of it.

if you travel a lot its an awesome gas saver, the only thing im unsure of if it breaks down unlike other cars you will need a tesla mechanic to get it going and how many of those are there?

The average driver spends $1200 a year on gas. With the added costs of going electric, how many years would it take to break even? A long fucking time. And limited refueling stations + long time to recharge make it inconvenient as fuck.

everyone knows EV's will take over, thats no big surprise. All EV motors have identical characteristics with infinite torque at 0. The interesting thing will be how EV's are marketed- unlike ICE engines, EV motors are all the same, so automakers will not have signature engines (ie, BMW's inline 6, Porsche's flat 6, Subaru's boxer 4). What will differentiate one car brand from another in this EV future when the only difference between platforms is the volume of batteries it carries?

It's been speculated that they will be sold more like smartphones are today- on software features, ergonomics, and battery size. I'm not ready for that world yet.

The new Apple iCar will have proprietary motors, just you wait!

The average driver spends $1200 a year on gas. With the added costs of going electric, how many years would it take to break even? A long fucking time. And limited refueling stations + long time to recharge make it inconvenient as fuck.

Would be interesting to get a detailed operating cost comparison, including oil changes, brakes, gas, etc, but then you'd need to also include battery replacement at some point too

stop being attached to a piece of equipment that is mass made
future is pretty much clear - autonomous driving so no more road accidents due to idiots drunk driving or texting and no more harmful emissions which means cleaner cities
its a win win, but keep crying about objects with "soul" (I mean I get it to a certain extent and thats why they will probably always have events with old school petrol cars where you can go and jerk off to them if you so desire)

christ dude, I've never seen someone SO passionately anti-car enthusiast.

Yeah the refueling issue is a big deal, they are limited even in cali its hard to find one and when you do they are taken, and unlike gas where you fill your tank in less than 10 minutes, i believe these super chargers take at least an hour to recharge your tesla.

Amazing specs but the styling is shit. Can't Tesla poach someone from Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin or Mercedes to do the exterior.

Looks nice to me, whats wrong with it? No grill? Well its an electric car

Good numbers but how fast does it go around the Nurburg Ring?
I have heard its around 200 Grand? That's a lot of money for a car.
That gets you a good Aston Martin or entry-level Bentley. That is hard to match cars when it comes to quality.

The only reason those cars ever became famous and so expensive is because of speed and performance.

Your fanboy'ism is showing. Lightweight cars/track cars have always existed that outperform supercars on the market.

Interior of Tesla cars are nicely done. Tesla Model X and Model 3 are among one of the worst looking cars on the road.

Your fanboy'ism is showing. Lightweight cars/track cars have always existed that outperform supercars on the market.

Interior of Tesla cars are nicely done. Tesla Model X and Model 3 are among one of the worst looking cars on the road.

Sure but those were not mass production major manufacture cars. Just one off kits and specials built in little warehouses cobbled together by a few people.
Tesla is billions of dollars in planning, engineering and technology.

Recognize the future.

Back