Tesla just destroyed Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche.

What do you mean? The only reason those cars ever became famous and so expensive is because of speed and performance. The top Ferrari and Lambos cost millions, this crushes their performance for a tenth of the price.
It's like comparing a ww2 fighter with an F35.

Millions lol? Where'd you get that number from bud?

It's an insult that TS is comparing an EV to a Ferrari or Porsche (Lambo I dont care because they are poser cars with no racing pedigree).

A more accurate comparison would be against Dodge Hellcats and Demons.

Hellcats, Demons and COPO Camaros are 'muscle cars' tho. The Tesla to me seems like more of an exotic like a Lambo or something.

Millions lol? Where'd you get that number from bud?

Look up the price for a La Ferrari. Lambo Veneno and Centenario cost 3 million.
Im talking about their premiere special cars not the "regular" $300k-500k cars.

Not long after anyway. Early 70s was the last time cars really looked cool and cars with power actually sounded like it.

True for the most part. Hey man, I actually own a 70 Chevelle SS, so I'm not really arguing here lol

Plus, that's the "base model" lol. Wow.

Look up the price for a La Ferrari. Lambo Veneno and Centenario cost 3 million.
Im talking about their premiere special cars not the "regular" $300k-500k cars.

Ok, but those are specialty cars. I was under the impression the car in your OP was something they were going to actually produce.

I mean, look at the COPO's and the 'new' Trans Am.. those are going to basically be one off track cars that will cost into the six figure range, but they aren't the norm. Regular middle class dudes won't be cruising around in those for the most part.

True for the most part. Hey man, I actually own a 70 Chevelle SS, so I'm not really arguing here lol

I hear ya. I had a 72 Cutlass Supreme. I loved that car. That was just before they started to transform them into awkward boats.

I hear ya. I had a 72 Cutlass. I loved that car.

Yeah, that's a badass ride for sure. Only thing with some of those cars you had to worry about was the mains because manufacturers started milling out materials in the block(which weakened them) in order to save weight thus producing 'better gas mileage'. I believe Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile all suffered from this but it's been a while since I've thought about that stuff.

I'm rambling a bit but, either way, always loved the look of the Cutlass in those years.

I hear ya. I had a 72 Cutlass Supreme. I loved that car. That was just before they started to transform them into awkward boats.

I just sold my Cutlass Convertible. Cars got cool again in the late 70s...although without the power. I had a cool 78 Z28 and would still love a 77-78 Trans Am. The Mid eighties had cool cars too, if you hooked the motor up a bit...The Buick Grand Nationals, GNX, Monte SS, Typhoon.....The 90s were rough but now the mustangs are kicking ass and Mopar is on Fire. I just drove a Hellcat and I am in love.

We'll have to see if Tesla is even in business a year from now.

Does this look like it was designed for track duty? Nobody cares.
tesla_model_3_specs_1.jpg

Plus, that's the "base model" lol. Wow.
This is what I have been pointing out to others. 7,650 ft pounds of torque from zero. It also has twice the battery as a 100 kWh Model S or X.

It actually has room for more performance. Traction is an issue as many test show it slipping during the reveal.

I believe they actually pulled back a bit to improve on handling. I am confident this will also be a decent track car because the battery could easily take the pressure put on it.

This is what I have been pointing out to others. 7,650 ft pounds of torque from zero. It also has twice the battery as a 100 kWh Model S or X.

It actually has room for more performance. Traction is an issue as many test show it slipping during the reveal.

I believe they actually pulled back a bit to improve on handling. I am confident this will also be a decent track car because the battery could easily take the pressure put on it.

Well shit if You are confident then surely ill run laps around a laFerrari.
You know best, your good friend told you for sure right.

Hellcats, Demons and COPO Camaros are 'muscle cars' tho. The Tesla to me seems like more of an exotic like a Lambo or something.
they excel at the same thing- insane straight line acceleration and quarter mile dominance. Teslas destroy a lot of exotics on the drag strip but lose in actual race tracks against much cheaper cars.
Here's an example: https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...results-historical-lap-times-and-more-feature

to see Tesla in context:
W7vKN3k.png

one second slower than the WRX, and only one second faster than the BRZ is in slow company.

And to people bitching about the Tesla roadster's looks- it's not meant to be a European exotic supercar. It's a personal rocketship where form follows function and appeals to engineers, not artists. I appreciate it for what it is and think it looks very attractive. Not everything has to look like a Pagani.

Why do people follow stuff like this? There are millions of people obsessed with cars like this and they will never own one in their life. Why tease yourself like that? I get super excited for new gaming consoles but at least I can afford them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back