2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the greatest ska band of all time?

th

@Clippy

Candidate clippy

I have it on good authority that you have an illegal penguin farm on your property and that you have been running underground penguin fighting rings .... WHat do you have to say about these allegations

I dont know but it seems suspect. I dont think you like some rifles and magazines and this troubles me

I think anyone should be able to own any gun and attachment, provided they can demonstrate they're a responsible owner.

If it's going to stay all wild west style without standardized gun laws across, we need some kind of federal regulation to keep dealers and private sellers in check.

I think a tiered system ownership system would be nice. A base level for everyone, then more advanced licensing for more robust firearms, like Switzerland. But shit, you can own a machine gun for all I care.

The problem with gun laws isn't that we don't have any, it's that some states have them and others don't to varying degrees.

does TSO stand for TSO chicken?

Oh FUCK I'm gettin Chinese food tonites!!!
It's actually the initials of a nickname I got training MMA and it stuck. So everyone knows me as Tang Steve O.

Honestly, not really a fan of HW MMA, and the top 10 is fully opinion based and interchangeable.

I think right now you'd have to put Werdum at #1..

#1 Werdum
#2 Cain
#3 Fedor
#4 Big Nog
#5 Cro Cop

After this point.. it gets really hard. I don't really feel confident typing that. I think JDS, Stipe, Overeem could all potentially be ranked ahead of Mirko.

JDS, Stipe, Overeem, Mir, and even Brock.. then older HW like Igor, Coleman, Severn, etc..

#1 Werdum
#2 Cain
#3 Fedor
#4 Big Nog
#5 Cro Cop
#6 Stipe
#7 JDS
#8 Overreem
#9 Mir
#10 Coleman because why not.

oops missed your edit let me think again.
Werdum as the #1 HW of all time?

I think this is @Rational Poster 's Howard Dean scream moment.

I don't see how any campaign can recover from this.

tenor.gif

@Clippy

Candidate clippy

I have it on good authority that you have an illegal penguin farm on your property and that you have been running underground penguin fighting rings .... WHat do you have to say about these allegations

b90b2ce7d1661ce350d79564936f57a0.gif

It's actually the initials of a nickname I got training MMA and it stuck. So everyone knows me as Tang Steve O.

Have you ever had General TSO chicken chinese food?

I think anyone should be able to own any gun and attachment, provided they can demonstrate they're a responsible owner.

If it's going to stay all wild west style without standardized gun laws across, we need some kind of federal regulation to keep dealers and private sellers in check.

I think a tiered system ownership system would be nice. A base level for everyone, then more advanced licensing for more robust firearms, like Switzerland. But shit, you can own a machine gun for all I care.

The problem with gun laws isn't that we don't have any, it's that some states have them and others don't to varying degrees.

WHile I dont disagree I am kind of uncomfortable putting restrictions like that in place and could see that used as a defacto ban depending on who was in power

Yeah wtf did I put Cain that high for..

Probably just to troll Fedor fans.

I think that was fine (I disagree, but it's defensible). More interesting is the lack of Barnett and Arlovski, especially since the last two guys on the list are very weak.

Heavyweight is a massive pain to rank, because there aren't really that many names, and they've spent a lot of time beating each other up, and they seem especially prone to regressing in their later years.

Overall best answer so far, IMO.

So far, all three of you have Mirko higher than I would, but that's fine. Also surprised at the lack of love for Brock and DC, which I guess could indicate that you value longevity more than peak skill. But then no Hunto or Timmeh... Anyway, I'm not the candidate. Thanks for the answers.

Have you ever had General TSO chicken chinese food?
I have and it's awesome so after being caught with a bucket of it a few years ago some of my training partners have just been calling me "general" since then.

WHile I dont disagree I am kind of uncomfortable putting restrictions like that in place and could see that used as a defacto ban depending on who was in power

Nothing would be banned, only require more stringent licences.

Werdum as the #1 HW of all time?

I think this is @Rational Poster 's Howard Dean scream moment.

I don't see how any campaign can recover from this.

tenor.gif

you could make that case though just because its unpopular doesnt mean it doesnt hold water. The dude has beaten a whos who of legends and is still relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back