2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could make that case though just because its unpopular doesnt mean it doesnt hold water. The dude has beaten a whos who of legends and is still relevant

That's basically my reasoning.

He's beaten everyone you might rank above him and not only is he still active, he's still improving.

Most of the other top HW have fallen off. Bigly.

Werdum as the #1 HW of all time?

I think this is @Rational Poster 's Howard Dean scream moment.

I don't see how any campaign can recover from this.

tenor.gif

In the current year, Werdrum at #1 is probably the only pick on my list I can make with any sort of confidence.

Love or hate him, it's hard to look past his resume.

you could make that case though just because its unpopular doesnt mean it doesnt hold water. The dude has beaten a whos who of legends and is still relevant
He's a great fighter for sure. He crushes people he's supposed to beat, and he has some real quality wins (Cain was huge), but he's got losses to: Overeem X2, Stipe, JDS, Arlovski, Nog, Sergei.

No shame in losing any of those fights.

But you can't compare it to Fedor who beat literally everybody for almost 10 years.

He's a great fighter for sure. He crushes people he's supposed to beat, and he has some real quality wins (Cain was huge), but he's got losses to: Overeem X2, Stipe, JDS, Arlovski, Nog, Sergei.

No shame in losing any of those fights.

But you can't compare it to someone like Fedor who beat everybody for almost 10 years.

Sure you can.

He finished Fedor.

Not only did he finish Fedor, he did it with style and before it was a thing everyone was doing.

@Clippy

Candidate clippy

I have it on good authority that you have an illegal penguin farm on your property and that you have been running underground penguin fighting rings .... WHat do you have to say about these allegations

Mad props for a penguin farm. Death penalty for making them fight. :mad::(

i feel like I saw them with leftover crack at some point years ago but the memory is super hazy and im not 100 percent sure on that

Never caught them myself. But I'm a huge Subhumans fan so Citizen Fish benefits greatly from that.

Sure you can.

He finished Fedor.
Come on, dude. I think we all know how it would have gone if any version of Werdum ran into 2003 Fedor.

Not to take the win away from Werdum at all, but that was not a win against prime Fedor.

Some questionable fights in a questionable org there my friend. And Werdum also beat him with no problems
<34>
I didn't have you pegged as a TUF noob.

But you can't compare it to Fedor who beat literally everybody for almost 10 years.

Some questionable fights in a questionable org there my friend. And Werdum also beat him with no problems

Come on, dude. I think we all know how it would have gone if any version of Werdum ran into 2003 Fedor.

That's not how it works though is it?

We're talking about all time, you need to consider their entire career, not just a moment in time.

In the current year, Werdum has had the best career.

Sure you can.

He finished Fedor.

Not only did he finish Fedor, he did it with style and before it was a thing everyone was doing.
But

Anyone who watched him fight the tire guy new that his next fight against a real fighter he was going to be in real trouble .

@The Diplomat, any endorsement incoming from your side or a campaign you joined?
Haven't joined any campaign. Was hoping to get Inga in as a candidate, but it didn't pan out.

@Rational Poster is an uber lefty SJW. @HomerThompson is too, but he also has the distinguishment of being a dirty rat. @snakedafunky was an early favorite to let the libs split the vote, but he has faltered and is apparently a full blown Nazi. @Kafir-kun would invoke Sharia the first day elected. @colby25 will probably run on a campaign about the Nephilm and Jesus. @Clippy 's whole WR pres thread will be one giant self conversation about losing car keys or spilling coffee.

It really leaves only @pcptornado and @Space imo.

Not to take the win away from Werdum at all, but that was not a win against prime Fedor.

<34>
I didn't have you pegged as a TUF noob.

I'm inclined to agree with you, and I'd put Fedor No. 1 among HWs, but I think RP's view is defensible, and not TUF n00b-ish. Saying that Werdum is still getting better, though...

Haven't joined any campaign. Was hoping to get Inga in as a candidate, but it didn't pan out.

@Rational Poster is an uber lefty SJW. @HomerThompson is too, but he also has the distinguishment of being a dirty rat. @snakedafunky was an early favorite to let the libs split the vote, but he has faltered and is apparently a full blown Nazi. @Kafir-kun would invoke Sharia the first day elected. @colby25 will probably run on a campaign about the Nephilm and Jesus. @Clippy 's whole WR pres thread will be one giant self conversation about losing car keys or spilling coffee.

Uber lefty?

<Dany07>

I'm inclined to agree with you, and I'd put Fedor No. 1 among HWs, but I think RP's view is defensible, and not TUF n00b-ish. Saying that Werdum is still getting better, though...

Compared to other HWs.

To be fair, I didn't watch the fight this weekend... and he did win against a much younger guy.

Unlike Fedor.

Just so you know I was thinking of asking @IngaVovchanchyn to be a part of the bipartisan advisor council who would help me run the POTWR sticky as one of the conservatives. Of course as I promised before I would have to run that suggestion by the WR itself but I think she's a pretty inoffensive poster who would probably get support.

Just so you know I was thinking of asking @IngaVovchanchyn to be a part of the bipartisan advisor council who would help me run the POTWR sticky as one of the conservatives. Of course as I promised before I would have to run that suggestion by the WR itself but I think she's a pretty inoffensive poster who would probably get support.

I've been trying to get her involved here but she's been ignoring my flags.

Mad props for a penguin farm. Death penalty for making them fight. :mad::(

Never caught them myself. But I'm a huge Subhumans fan so Citizen Fish benefits greatly from that.

It's all fake like WWE

The panguein said "clothesline" in that clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back