Does Gastelum 1st round ko make GSP comeback win look weak?

Desperate to discredit GSP's accomplishment after what was one of the signature UFC moments in the last decade.

It's insane that Bisping was allowed to fight 3 weeks after getting clipped and then choked out.

I always like seeing Bisping lose and this topic is still stupid.
You totally have the wrong impression, i have gsp #1 on my goat list.. Which is the exact reason i made this thread.

he basically ko'd someone's leftovers.

So, Not Really.

You forget that he just got his ass handed to him like what, two weeks ago? so..? it was expected. there's no reason to compare GSP's win to Gastelums. GSP actually put Bisping to sleep too.

yeah, with a choke in the 3rd rd after landing about 20 elbows and punches and a big left hook that dropped him.

Kelvin knocked Bisping out with a single punch in 1 rd.

You totally have the wrong impression, i have gsp #1 on my goat list.. Which is the exact reason i made this thread.

Ok, so then I'd say that you're wasting your time worrying about what some sad and desperate people will think. Of course they will try to use this to discredit and of course it's stupid.

Bisping looked about as far from sharp as you can possibly get. If you look at the knockout, he was crazy flat footed when he got starched. That's a fighter who's not exactly on the keen edge of a razor when the opening bell rings.

Bisping has been concussed so many times this month that I would favor a strong breeze against him if the two fought tomorrow. It is not wise to fight after being rocked/dropped so recently. The only reason this fight happened is because GSP choked him out instead of TKO'ing him. I do not believe the athletic commission would have been able to allow the fight if Bisping had been finished by TKO.

wth are u talkn about? desperate for what?

I think he is calling you out for pandering to the haters for likes. But seriously though, do you believe with the circumstances surrounding the two fights that we get a fair platform to compare the two fights? Do you believe that it is possible that taking a fight 3 weeks after losing a fight could have had an effect on the outcome?

yeah, with a choke in the 3rd rd after landing about 20 elbows and punches and a big left hook that dropped him.

You didn't read what I said, I said GSP actually put Bisping to SLEEP.

Ok, so then I'd say that you're wasting your time worrying about what some sad and desperate people will think. Of course they will try to use this to discredit and of course it's stupid.

Bisping looked about as far from sharp as you can possibly get. If you look at the knockout, he was crazy flat footed when he got starched. That's a fighter who's not exactly on the keen edge of a razor when the opening bell rings.

i agree with you there, we all know that bisping took this fight to save the card and put some extra cash in the bank.. bad decision for a guy at the end of his career. There should be no denying that the bisping that fought gsp and the bisping that just fought gastelum are NOT the same fighter. i hope that makes sense lol even tho they are the same person haha

Gastelum's a beast but GSP is the GOAT. He came back after 4 years and choked out a full camp Bisping (sure, a pretty weak champion, but you can't say fighting Gastelum on short notice after GSP was a good idea).

I think at this point Georges should move back down to WW. He proved he could be champ in another division (against Bisping...) but the MW division is full of killers. I don't want to see GSP fight Gastelum or Whitaker at this point.

I think GSP could very well handle Gastelum. While I think Kelvin has the beat hands in the division other than perhaps Whitaker, he is not really of the size of the rest of those guys and the other aspects of his game are not on par with GSP.

The major question to me when he lost to Weidman was whether he'd be able to withstand the takedowns and implement his striking - he couldn't. I believe GSP would be able to control him similarly to how Chris was able to.

Overall, though, I'd like to see GSP back at WW.

Yes it does, but honestly, no one should be surprised. Almost everyone knew deep inside that Bisping wasnt that good, even the most hardcore GSP fans. You had to be delusional to think otherwise. Still, GSP having a spectacular finish like that after a long layoff is amazing no matter what.

I think he is calling you out for pandering to the haters for likes. But seriously though, do you believe with the circumstances surrounding the two fights that we get a fair platform to compare the two fights? Do you believe that it is possible that taking a fight 3 weeks after losing a fight could have had an effect on the outcome?

Yes absolutely it has an effect on the outcome.. i just said in my last post that the bisping who fought gsp and the bisping who just got kod by gastelum were not the same fighters.

You didn't read what I said, I said GSP actually put Bisping to SLEEP.

no, you're not reading what i'm saying. i said, "yeah he put him to sleep, WITH A CHOKE, AFTER 20 PUNCHES AND ELBOWS AND A BIG LEFT HOOK"

while Kelvin put him to sleep with a single punch in the 1st rd.

People are too worried about who is the GOAT, but we dont even know who is the legit MW champion.

Gastelum is known for quick first round finishes so you can’t compare the two. Who’s to say GSP could avoid Weidmans takedowns and pick him apart on his feet? Comparing outcomes of different fighters is never smart considering everyone has different skill sets.

Bisping has been concussed so many times this month that I would favor a strong breeze against him if the two fought tomorrow. It is not wise to fight after being rocked/dropped so recently. The only reason this fight happened is because GSP choked him out instead of TKO'ing him. I do not believe the athletic commission would have been able to allow the fight if Bisping had been finished by TKO.

Doesn't the ufc oversee things in some countries? I have a feeling that you can get away

Anyone who has ever fought understands that sometimes people can take a lot of punishment but one shot can also zap a guy at times. Kelvin hits hard and GSP is a ww in all fairness but really, things like that happen.

GSP's win over Bisping should AlWAYS have looked weak.

Bisping is NOT a top MW. He's a gatekeeper who fluked into beating the champ, like Serra.

People overrate belts so massively. It's the quality of the opponent that counts. If the judges had given Hendo the decision and then GSP beat Bisping, it would be the exact same fucking win, but no one would rate it because it wasn't for a stupid belt.

I think you have to take into account. Bisping was not fully recovered from the GSP fight and took this on short notice. Not saying results would have been any different, but you can't really compare it to the GSP fight. Absolutely does not take anything from the GSP fight, he softened him up for Gastelum lol

Last edited:
no, you're not reading what i'm saying. i said, "yeah he put him to sleep, WITH A CHOKE, AFTER 20 PUNCHES AND ELBOWS AND A BIG LEFT HOOK"

while Kelvin put him to sleep with a single punch in the 1st rd.
You're not reading what I'm saying,
GSP PUT BISPING TO SLEEP. wtf is so hard to comprehend there? Kelvin didn't. Bisping went night night at UFC 217. plus it was nothing new so? everyone knew Bisping would get starched. don't discredit GSP's performance, because I guarantee you, Kelvin wouldn't last a single round with GSP and I would bet an arm and a leg on that. Kelvin's heavy handed, but a bit overrated as a fighter. Bisping got beat by both and finished by both, but only one put him to sleep.

Back