Does Gastelum 1st round ko make GSP comeback win look weak?

no. the result was the same, in the end. its not a race

definitely, there was a reason GSP wanted to fight bisping

Flashbacks to UFC 85 and how a magnitude of people were saying Alves was going to crush GSP because he beat Hughes quicker and more brutally than George did.

Oh God yes.. Before UFC 100 this place was full of "Alves will destroy GSP" Threads..

After GSP put on a 50-43 clinic, it was radio silence..

In a few points NO it doesn't take away from gsp's win at all, and here's why.

kelvin is like 10 years younger than gsp,
gsp was out of action for like 4 years, kelvin did not take 4 years off.
gsp never fought at mw prior, kelvin has
kelvin is known for more stand up gsp isn't,
gsp told everyone after the fight the hole in bispings game, and that is catch him with a left because he has a hard time seeing from that side, better chance at landing something he doesn't react to right away.....So kelvin just followed gsp's recipe, copied it.

bisping fought not long ago how do we know if his brain internally has completly healed from his gsp fight, i recall gsp landing some good gnp on him....not taking away from kelvin but maybe bispings brain wasn't ready to take another good left hook so early resulting in a quicker finish.

gsp seemed to dominate bisping from start to finsih, he used different aspects of mma, and yes bisping cut him up from the bottom but in terms of the fight as a whole gsp pretty much controlled and dominated from begining to end, not only did he land the left and was able to do damage he finished with a sub choking bisping out cold....when you consider kelvins history and gsp's history and both there wins over bisipiong i don't think kelvins takes away from gsp's, if anything i'd say gsp's is more impressive since he had more stacked against him, time away, first time at mw, ring rust, jitters, ect.

In a few points NO it doesn't take away from gsp's win at all, and here's why.

kelvin is like 10 years younger than gsp,
gsp was out of action for like 4 years, kelvin did not take 4 years off.
gsp never fought at mw prior, kelvin has
kelvin is known for more stand up gsp isn't,
gsp told everyone after the fight the hole in bispings game, and that is catch him with a left because he has a hard time seeing from that side, better chance at landing something he doesn't react to right away.....So kelvin just followed gsp's recipe, copied it.

bisping fought not long ago how do we know if his brain internally has completly healed from his gsp fight, i recall gsp landing some good gnp on him....not taking away from kelvin but maybe bispings brain wasn't ready to take another good left hook so early resulting in a quicker finish.

gsp seemed to dominate bisping from start to finsih, he used different aspects of mma, and yes bisping cut him up from the bottom but in terms of the fight as a whole gsp pretty much controlled and dominated from begining to end, not only did he land the left and was able to do damage he finished with a sub choking bisping out cold....when you consider kelvins history and gsp's history and both there wins over bisipiong i don't think kelvins takes away from gsp's, if anything i'd say gsp's is more impressive since he had more stacked against him, time away, first time at mw, ring rust, jitters, ect.

No such thing as ring rust hahhaha

Maybe if he was still in his prime, but GSP is not a bad match up for Kelvin anymore, come on.

He's close enough to it to beat Kelvin imo. Kelvin doesn't have the grappling skills to keep GSP off of him.

GSP is the man and what he did was awesome. Four years off, ring rust and moving up in weight? Who else could do this?

Back