Does Gastelum 1st round ko make GSP comeback win look weak?

It definitely puts things into perspective.

Bisping is/was always a gatekeeper at best who got lucky n won the title.

Gsp is still 2nd tier in goat ranks

LOL @ GSP 2nd tier in goat ranks haha
PlZZZZ tell us your top 5 goat rankings.

This does overshadow GSP's win to casual's I'd say.

Absolutely, Bisping was NOT that good. Rockhold was cocky and lost, but he was controlling their fight handily. Then Bisping would have lost to a washed up Hendo if not for home cooking in England.

Now for all the "sloppy seconds" ppl, The fact that Kelvin KOd him has little to do with GSPs victory and more to do with Bisping being washed up.

If GSP fights real contenders at 185 he'll be dominated

So you don't believe that fighting 3 weeks after a loss and taking damage could have any effect on the fighter?

GSP is not Weidman. And he isn't nearly the finisher Weidman is.

To say GSP would finish Kelvin in the first, is fucking stupid. That's crazy unlikely.
To say Kelvin would even have a shot at beating GSP is fucking crazy lol GSP would finish Kelvin worse than Weidman did. I would bet my arm and leg on that one buddy.

LOL @ GSP 2nd tier in goat ranks haha
PlZZZZ tell us your top 5 goat rankings.

1st tier: Anderson, fedor, Jones

2nd tier: gsp, mouse, aldo

3rd tier: bj, hendo, big nog

YES. Especially since GSP was ranked p4p #2 after the fight

<36>
Not like fighting 3 weeks after being knocked down and choke out has anything to do with anything

Gsp served up concussed bisping

I didn’t even think GSP was going to fight Whittaker before; there’s no way he’s going to now that Gastelum annihilated Bisping better and easier than he could.
3 weeks concussed bisping is a real thing

Bisping came back too early. I think Bisping from a few fights ago might had survived that punch. Also he looked too eager to prove himself. he was hurt badly vs Hendo then was hurt badly vs GSP and now fought again only a few weeks later. This may have destroyed his chin (and health) for good.

It was a huge mistage to not take time off after such a tough fight vs GSP and to fight someone as dangerous as Gastelum on short notice.

How was BisPing allowed to fight 3 weeks after a loss?

Honestly this makes the UFC look bad for allowing the Count to fight so soon. Sure, he wasn't KOed by GSP, but it was still a fight where he took some head damage from strikes. Remember it was a knock down that set up the RNC.

Then he takes on a puncher?

The result was expected, really, based Bisping fighting 3 weeks after a loss combined with Gastellum having some punching power.

Does this make GSP look bad? No. It makes Bisping look like a fool (or brave) for taking a fight so soon after a loss, and it makes the UFC look bad for allowing Bisping to fight.
This

Bisping is just the latest to fall under the post-fighting-GSP curse. Everybody seems to lose their soul and not be able to come back.

no i dont believe he can buttt we are talking about here and now.. i would never disrespect gsp by comparing kevin gastelum to him.
The premise of the thread you created is doing just that.

Yes. And it's glorious.

Hope Whittaker trashes GSP even worse than Kelvin did Bisping.

Maybe then UFC will learn to promote the true top guys instead of whoever they think will sell most.

The MW division looks like a joke right now.

your racist bro, just admit it

Anyone who has ever fought understands that sometimes people can take a lot of punishment but one shot can also zap a guy at times. Kelvin hits hard and GSP is a ww in all fairness but really, things like that happen.

and anyone who has ever followed MMA will realize that Bisping has never been finished in the 1st rd, except now.

You're not reading what I'm saying,
GSP PUT BISPING TO SLEEP. wtf is so hard to comprehend there? Kelvin didn't. Bisping went night night at UFC 217. plus it was nothing new so? everyone knew Bisping would get starched. don't discredit GSP's performance, because I guarantee you, Kelvin wouldn't last a single round with GSP and I would bet an arm and a leg on that. Kelvin's heavy handed, but a bit overrated as a fighter. Bisping got beat by both and finished by both, but only one put him to sleep.

yeah, I UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU SAID. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING? OBVIOUSLY NOT IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU 3 FUCKIN TIMES. KELVIN BEAT BISPING EASIER AND MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN GSP DID.

you'd bet an arm and a leg that Kelvin couldn't last a rd with a guy who is known for decisioning people? yeah ok, good luck with your 1 leg and arm.

yea, Kelvin is so overrated, that he clearly KO'd Bisping in the 1st rd, something not even ROIDED OUT VITOR DID.

is GSP your dad or something?

Back