Does Gastelum 1st round ko make GSP comeback win look weak?

Of course it does.

Kelvin destroyed Bisping in less than 3 minutes while a gassed GSP barely pulled off a win in the 3rd round.

GSPs win against a past prime soon to be retired Bisping is not impressive.

GSP needs to vacate the MW title ASAP for the sake of his health.

Nah

styles make fights

GSPs win was a comeback win? I had him up 2-0

Gsp went 3 hard rds.

Gastelum brutalized that English muffin in 1 freakin minute.

Yes it does.

This is exactly how i feel.

Yes absolutely it has an effect on the outcome.. i just said in my last post that the bisping who fought gsp and the bisping who just got kod by gastelum were not the same fighters.

Just a quick review. So if you agree that the outcome could be likely impacted and your opinion is that it is so, how can you also feel that Kelvins quick win makes GSP's win look weak?

Are you saying just in appearances to the general public who have no real context?
Any real fight fan who knows what they are talking about understands the situation just as you and I do. The general public who only know a few fighters have no clue who Kelvin even is and probably don't even know that this fight happened, they most likely only show up to watch Brock, Conor, GSP, and Ronda when she was a thing and it is more about the beer for them.

With all of that said, the answer is, to all the fans in the know the fights are incomparable and so does not make the GSP fight look weak.
The general public has no clue Bisping even fought again and likely could not pick Kelvin out of a photo lineup.
The haters will find any excuse to hate so for them this is a big yes even if they truly know better.

The true answer is No.

Bottom line is Bisping hadn't recovered from his fight with GSP. Gastelum does have stopping power at MW, but it was a combination of that and the previous headsmashing action that Bisping just had happen vs GSP.

Shot answer: no. Four year layoff, weightclass above etc.
Gastelum is used to wreck legends.

You're not reading what I'm saying,
GSP PUT BISPING TO SLEEP. wtf is so hard to comprehend there? Kelvin didn't. Bisping went night night at UFC 217. plus it was nothing new so? everyone knew Bisping would get starched. don't discredit GSP's performance, because I guarantee you, Kelvin wouldn't last a single round with GSP and I would bet an arm and a leg on that. Kelvin's heavy handed, but a bit overrated as a fighter. Bisping got beat by both and finished by both, but only one put him to sleep.
Gastelum wouldn't last a single round with GSP. LOL what.

Because GSP is known as a finisher...

GSP vs. Kelvin is slight edge GSP, IMO, but Kelvin would have a great shot.

GSP knew what he was doing. Bisping wasn't a top 5 guy, lower part of top 10 at best. He struggled hard against him while Kelvin literally KTFO Bisping in 1 round. So yeah unless you are just grading his performance on a curve cause he missed 4 years then of course his performance was way less impressive.

All you dimwits need to take a break today. Gastelum just beat someone who fought less than a month ago.

Gastelum wouldn't last a single round with GSP. LOL what.

Because GSP is known as a finisher...

GSP vs. Kelvin is slight edge GSP, IMO, but Kelvin would have a great shot.
I just said that? GSP would murk Kelvin. you saw what post USADA Weidman did to Kelvin didn't you?

GSP took Bispings soul, Micheal was a shell in the Gastelum fight. Came back way to soon.

Good morning fellas.., Does Gastelums DOMINANT victory over Bisping make GSP win over Bisping look weak or less impressive now?

Its definately time for Bisping to retire. I really hope he knows this now

Absolutely, Bisping was NOT that good. Rockhold was cocky and lost, but he was controlling their fight handily. Then Bisping would have lost to a washed up Hendo if not for home cooking in England.

Now for all the "sloppy seconds" ppl, The fact that Kelvin KOd him has little to do with GSPs victory and more to do with Bisping being washed up.

If GSP fights real contenders at 185 he'll be dominated

I just said that? GSP would murk Kelvin. you saw what post USADA Weidman did to Kelvin didn't you?
GSP is not Weidman. And he isn't nearly the finisher Weidman is.

To say GSP would finish Kelvin in the first, is fucking stupid. That's crazy unlikely.

It definitely puts things into perspective.

Bisping is/was always a gatekeeper at best who got lucky n won the title.

Gsp is still 2nd tier in goat ranks

GSP knew what he was doing. Bisping wasn't a top 5 guy, lower part of top 10 at best. He struggled hard against him while Kelvin literally KTFO Bisping in 1 round. So yeah unless you are just grading his performance on a curve cause he missed 4 years then of course his performance was way less impressive.

Does the same curve apply to a quick turn around after a loss and taking damage?

The facts are the facts. The guy did take 4 years off. He did fight in a weight class up against a bigger guy. He did seem slower as a result of probably both.

Gastlum did fight damaged goods. People need to be willing to look at the facts and be honest with themselves.

They both won against a game opponent and deserve credit but the facts are the facts.

Most of the crop that St. Pierre beat were never the same. The only fighter to hold any stream after losing to St. Pierre was Diaz and that's because his following is a mass.

Like most of the fighters who lost to St. Pierre, he took their souls and they never bounced back. Here again, St. Pierre had laid it out for everyone to play it out. He's so damn good that he gives other fighters confidence.

Gastelum beat someone who was already beat. If anything, Gastelum was hitting someone who was already down on the mat punched and choked the fuck out and that's looked down upon in most societies.

Gastelum, shame on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back