China-millions of donkeys bashed to death with sledge hammers

Asia and the south pacific are vastly different than the west.

China really doesn't need us anymore so don't expect them to roll over to our moral concerns.

always knew the chinese were getting their asses hammered

I am aware of that , but the Chinese buying these expensive 'remedies' are affluent. So considering they are affluent, you woud expect them to be logical.

You would also expect them to hold some humane beliefs, or maybee the problem is with me applying Western mindset to Asia.
Let's not get too carried away considering how we treat our cattle ,pigs, poultry Etc

Let's not get too carried away considering how we treat our cattle ,pigs, poultry Etc
We don't treat our livestock like them. Laws in place all for humane killings. Some slaughterhouses not keeping to the law does not mean the culture as a whole condones such behavior.

You can't sit there and tell me our treatment of animals is on par with China. It's like saying our issues with raciam and oppression is on par with Saudi or China, because we still have issues.

bear_crush_cage_19932.jpg

This is like bear bile and crush cages. Awesome creatures that they torture in these tiny cages. They perform surgery and add a catheter to the gallbladder so that they can constantly extract the bile for "medical" reasons.
Wow, that’s incredibly sad. Definitely didn’t want to see that while I’m laying in bed hungover.

Argh. Knew this existed but the reminder made me furious this morning.
I’m a farmer and hunter. It troubles me to see animals suffering when I know how unnecessary it is, even if we utilize them for our food needs. You can tell a lot about a person and a culture by how they treat their animals IMO.

Crush cages and shark finning are the two animal things that get me really mad. They just seem pointless, lazy, and cruel.

We don't treat our livestock like them. Laws in place all for humane killings. Some slaughterhouses not keeping to the law does not mean the culture as a whole condones such behavior.

You can't sit there and tell me our treatment of animals is on par with China. It's like saying our issues with raciam and oppression is on par with Saudi or China, because we still have issues.

You do realize we generally treat our pigs raised in farming houses with torture and a horrible painful death??? And this is one of the most intelligent animals on earth so it knows it (and its brethens) is being treated cruelly...

The list includes being cooped up their entire lives in little pens, castration with out painkillers, shock that sometimes do not kill/incapacitate so they end up dying painfully in hot scalding vats of water to soften their skin and remove their hair ( so drown or boil them to death)...

Not that I truly give a shit cause I love my bacon too much but animal cruelty in farms more or less go hand in hand - especially when in comes to squeezing as much profit.

You are pointing at china when we are doing shit that are arguably more horrible IMO...

*returns to eating bacon on his breakfast plate*

Asia and the south pacific are vastly different than the west.

China really doesn't need us anymore so don't expect them to roll over to our moral concerns.

Same with Russia. They won't be bullied by us on our moral high horse. The way they treat gays. They don't give a fuck what we think and they shouldn't. Same with this animal thing.

I am aware of that , but the Chinese buying these expensive 'remedies' are affluent. So considering they are affluent, you woud expect them to be logical.

You would also expect them to hold some humane beliefs, or maybee the problem is with me applying Western mindset to Asia.
What does wealth from, for example, a successful auto import business have to do with understanding of medicine or Western ethics?

I'm not seeing any logic in your reasoning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back