Have to say it; Conor would either submit or TKO Max if they fought again.

Dude I favor Conor highly in a rematch, but Max is so much better now than he was back then. He went from getting tapped by Poirier and wrestlefucked by Bermudez to tapping out Cub Swanson and stopping Lamas' wrestling offense. Conor may be able to mix takedowns in better than a pure wrestler against someone like Holloway, but I don't think it would be a big part of their fight, and he's definitely not tapping Holloway like that.

With that said, I think Conor's counterstriking is a massive stylistic advantage over Holloway's pressure game. We all saw Conor embarrass Diaz in the distance striking, until Diaz started to grind him down a bit in the first fight, leading to a submission, and then in the second fight when he started to stifle Conor's offense toward the middle and end of the fight while draining his energy. I can see Holloway having great endurance, but I can't see him draining Conor's endurance in that manner and I think he gets countered and eventually walked down all night.

I don't think Conor would bother with implementing a grappling heavy strategy vs Max; but I still think he could easily control Max if the fight did happen to go to the ground. His top control is pretty good, and Max isn't exactly known for having a great guard. But I admit it's far more likely he just smashes Holloway's face in for a dominant decision or a TKO.

Who said anything about Max? You did! You said Conor will molest Max in a rematch bc he improved so much. But you're too stupid to realize that Max has also improved, probably way more than your BF has.
They both have probably gotten much better since then. But that fight still happened and much useful data can be gained from it.

Nate dominated Conor and FINISHED him with ease. NO opposition what so ever from Conor on the ground in less than two rounds. Conor NEVER came close to finishing Nate. Conor didn't even come close to finishing Max, just out-struck him. None of it matter since a 40 year old Sr retired an in his prime supposed to be real fighter. Max is the new kind at FW.
Where did Nate dominate Conor? By landing a solid one two? Nate in both fights was badly hurt and closed to being put out.

Conor didn't finish Max because he tore his ACL.

Have to say it, Mcgregor is too scared to fight anymore.

You go to a pub in Dublin and tell him that and he'll beat the shit out of you, he's not scared of you, he's not scared of the Irish Mafia or whatever the fuck they call themselves, Paddy Power or the Paddy Nostra, whatever.

Conor will fuck you up and then go back to his Guinness and do an Instagram of your blood on his tracksuit.

Yes, I do, boxing primarily.

Back on topic, fighters train for what they will use in a fight. As I mentioned twice (clearly you aren't paying attention), Conor has much improved TDD. That's because he has been training to NOT be taken down. And why? Because he is most comfortable where he will have the biggest advantage, standing and striking. His training that you keep referring to (without any actual proof btw) that has improved his so called ground game is essentially mythical - It may exist but we have no proof.

Conor does not want to go to the ground, he does not want to grapple, wrestle etc. He wants to knock guys out and thats how he fights. Defensive grappling (AKA Takedown Defense) has been the staple of many top level strikers in the UFC, Jose Aldo for example, Chuck Liddell as well.

I'd be very very surprised if Conor put much weight into his ground game other than to escape from the bottom and scramble to his feet. We will not see him rolling around on the ground seeking subs any time soon.

That's more fight specific training; Conor has obviously gotten better all around just training for pleasure and rolling with Dillon Danis.

Obviously, Conor is not primarily a grappler, but he knows he had an edge over Max on the ground and I would not be surprised if he tried implementing a few takedowns here or there in a hypothetical rematch against Max.

Yeah and Matt Hughes submitted GSP in their first fight. Then proceeded to get utterly dominated in their next two. Fighters get better and gain confidence.
Hardly comparable. If Matt had dominated GSP from pillar to post in the grappling department, you would have an argument. But he didn't. It was a flash submission.

In the last 24 hours I've put well over 50 McGregor huggers on ignore, and the motherfucker didn't even fight. Still talking shit about a fight that happened 4 years ago when Max was barely beating guys like Leonard Garcia, I mean what the fuck. I've been around here for awhile, was a lurker for years until I made a account. So I've seen all the crazy ass nuthugger fanbases BJ, Brock, Fedor, etc, but my god McGregor trans are the fucking worst.

Hardly comparable. If Matt had dominated GSP from pillar to post in the grappling department, you would have an argument. But he didn't. It was a flash submission.
The fight didn't get out of the first. And even Georges admitted he didn't have confidence and thought he was lose. After seeing the replay he realized he was way better then Hughes.

Obviously the much better grappler? How so? That like me claiming you are the worlds biggest idiot.

Conor's top control is very good. Max could only lock up Conor and scrambled out once, other than that Conor just controlled him easy.
Over 4 years ago, in a time where Bermudez out grappled Max.

Max now is out grappling much suppressor grapplers than Conor. Max's ground game has been more developed than Conor's for a while.

You go to a pub in Dublin and tell him that and he'll beat the shit out of you, he's not scared of you, he's not scared of the Irish Mafia or whatever the fuck they call themselves, Paddy Power or the Paddy Nostra, whatever.

Conor will fuck you up and then go back to his Guinness and do an Instagram of your blood on his tracksuit.
Touchy? Wow, a threat from a keyboard warrior fanboy. I've taken more damage from your mom using too much teeth than Mcgregor could ever do to me. (See how much sense it makes to talk smack on an online forum.)

Conor would either submit or tko Max if they fought again, Conor submit fighting dummies maybe; but actual breathing people. That runs a close 2nd to see him unifying his belt vs Tony Ferguson...

If by submit you mean submit to, then sure.

The fight didn't get out of the first. And even Georges admitted he didn't have confidence and thought he was lose. After seeing the replay he realized he was way better then Hughes.
Either way, the two situations aren't comparable.

Back