Have to say it; Conor would either submit or TKO Max if they fought again.

Over 4 years ago, in a time where Bermudez out grappled Max.

Max now is out grappling much suppressor grapplers than Conor. Max's ground game has been more developed than Conor's for a while.
??? Bermudez is still one of the better wrestlers at Featherweight.

What if Conor is just a better top control grappler than everybody in the division?

Max had a serious injury of his own and the ACL thing still doesn't make sense to me.

If your ACL is torn how is it easier to go for power singles and doubles rather than stand?

If I recall correctly, it was an injury that Conor caused.

I've never done wrestling before, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think the logic is that wrestling requires more of your upper body then striking does, and obviously you don't need to be walking or moving too much if you reach top control.

??? Bermudez is still one of the better wrestlers at Featherweight.

What if Conor is just a better top control grappler than everybody in the division?
Bermudez is a decent wrestler who is really strong but technique wise he's not that impressive. He's above average at best imo. He's significantly behind most(if not all) of the grapplers in the top 10.

Conor has never displayed that ability outside of the Max fight, and even then if was just a lot of lay'n'pray. He has good ground escapes but other than that not much. Max has been proving that his ground game is up there with the best in the division for the past 2 years.

Conor is a good defensive grappler with either average or untested offensive grappling.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, it was an injury that Conor caused.

I've never done wrestling before, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think the logic is that wrestling requires more of your upper body then striking does, and obviously you don't need to be walking or moving too much if you reach top control.
It wasn't Conor, if I remember correctly. Max threw a bad low kick I think.

And as a guy who wrestled that is not true at all. It's almost all legs and hips. Positional control is all about pressuring with your hips and driving with your legs.

He's been training with Dillon Danis for over a year. And fighters learn and improve every day, so it's perfectly logical to assume Conor's a better grappler now than he was four years ago.

Wouldn’t it then be perfectly logical to assume that a much younger Holloway has also improved his own grappling, especially as he’s actually submitted some top fighters since then and shown himself to be very difficult to submit? Has Conor submitted anyone since that fight? Or has he actually been choked out himself?

If we’re using logic, as you seem to be trying to do, it would make sense that the guy who has been submitting top fighters and not getting submitted himself, might have improved more than the one who hasn’t submitted anyone and has been submitted himself.

LMAO, youre still holding on to that win over Max, a Max who was a few months removed from losing to Bermudez and scraping by a split decision to Leonard Garcia. Max would carve Conor like a turkey right now, round three tko

Lol still can't believe a retired, small fragile old man mayweather beat the fuck out of him. Mayweather skipped sparring entirely a month before the fight...let that sink in

He's been training with Dillon Danis for over a year. And fighters learn and improve every day, so it's perfectly logical to assume Conor's a better grappler now than he was four years ago.
Conor may have improved a tad bit from when he fought Max....Max has improved leaps and bounds and was wrecking the division when Conor was too busy with fuck all.....

Have you not watched their fight? Conor easily controlled Max on the ground and pounded him out.
have you not seen Maxe's improvement?
That's while Conor was humiliated on the ground and all his losses are by submissions.
Plus he concentrated all last year on improving his boxing skills, not ground game.
You'd be crazy to demand him to ke great at BJJ.

When he chocked him the fuck out of Conor and almost killed him until a grown ass man had to step in to save his sorry, worthless, manlet ass!! Also, show me where Conor was close to finishing Nate. Big John has said multiple times he was NEVER close to calling a stop to the rematch. So Conor never came close to finishing Nate. Was to much of a pussy to try to push his luck. He was too happy to be a point fighter and get a gift decision which everyone knew he'd get.

Face it Conor has no heart. Was soundly finished by better men and is only too happy to be retired thanks to the charity of an old retired, boxer, who almost killed him in a pillow fight. Fair play to him, but Conor is no champion. Fair play to him, he's got business sense.

Nate never came close to killing Conor because this is MMA, not a street fight. In a hypothetical street fight, it's impossible to say who would win.

By virtue of getting his face pounded in and rocked several times throughout both of their fights. If Conor hadn't gassed, he would have most likely finished Nate in the third round of their first fight. No way he could absorb two or three more clean left hands from Conor.

Pussy? Keyboard warriors shouldn't be telling professional athletes they're pussies. It's just dumb.

Gift decision? Which three rounds did Nate win? I'll wait.

If Conor had no heart he wouldn't have won the second fight against Nate. Or survive getting beat up by Chad Mendes as well.

Finished by better men? Who? He beat Nate. Even in their first fight, it's pretty obvious who the better fighter is. Conor smashes Nate when both are fresh and prepared for each other. It's only competitive because of Conor's not so great cardio after 7 minutes.

Floyd? Conor got beat by a 49-0 boxer. Who cares? He's not a boxer. If anything, he deserves props for winning rounds and catching Floyd clean.

Not a champion? What does that make Alvarez and Aldo?

Wouldn’t it then be perfectly logical to assume that a much younger Holloway has also improved his own grappling, especially as he’s actually submitted some top fighters since then and shown himself to be very difficult to submit? Has Conor submitted anyone since that fight? Or has he actually been choked out himself?

If we’re using logic, as you seem to be trying to do, it would make sense that the guy who has been submitting top fighters and not getting submitted himself, might have improved more than the one who hasn’t submitted anyone and has been submitted himself.
He got submitted after being hit and gassed out. A lot of black belts would have been submitted in the same situation.

Max has gotten better; but so has Conor. It even out.

Bermudez is a decent wrestler who is really strong but technique wise he's not that impressive. He's above average at best imo. He's significantly behind most(if not all) of the grapplers in the top 10.

Conor has never displayed that ability outside of the Max fight, and even then if was just a lot of lay'n'pray. He has good ground escapes but other than that not much. Max has been proving that his ground game is up there with the best in the division for the past 2 years.

Conor is a good defensive grappler with either average or untested offensive grappling.
Frankie Edgar is the only top 10 FW that has better pure wrestling then Dennis.

He's never displayed it because he's been knocking his opponents out. He showed off a little bit in the Siver and Diaz fights; for all we know his top control is the best or one of the best in the division. He's a big strong guy after all.

It wasn't Conor, if I remember correctly. Max threw a bad low kick I think.

And as a guy who wrestled that is not true at all. It's almost all legs and hips. Positional control is all about pressuring with your hips and driving with your legs.

Then it's both of their doing.

So is striking. Except, you can remain stationary after putting someone down. You can't do that at all on the feet. If you stayed still and didn't move at all, you would be blasted into the next realm.

I want to see it.

Too bad we aren't going to see it.

Back