Have to say it; Conor would either submit or TKO Max if they fought again.

hqdefault.jpg

What's sad is that there are so many unhinged McGregor marks on this forum that you actually thought that was a serious post.

LoL @ Conor subbing anyone.

Conor punches and does nothing else.

To be fair, he also throws a lot of kicks.

However, most of them are just low percentage, zero power shots that he uses to disrupt his opponents and disguise the left hand.

The reason he was able to get takedowns so easily was because of how dominant he was on the feet. If, in a rematch, it turns out he no longer has such an edge on the feet, then he probably won't be able to get takedowns either. Not to mention the fact that Holloway's TDD and grappling itself will have improved anyway.

I really think Holloway poses similar problems to Diaz, but to a lesser extent. He isn't as tall or rangey, and isn't the same submission threat. Conor would definitely beat Max up early, but if he couldn't finish him, he'd slow, Max would start to pour it on, and Conor would have to dig deep like he did vs Diaz.

But like I said, he isn't as tough a fight as Diaz. Conor would be able to rely on his reach like he couldn't against Diaz, and wouldn't have to worry as much about takedowns or subs. I'm 85% sure Conor wins a rematch.

Wait, when did Conor clear out the Lightweight divison? last I checked he just beat Eddie Alvarez to get the belt, I like Conor's chances at 155, but let's not say stuff that isn't true, once he beats Tony, than you can say he ran through the Lightweight division.

Since when has Max cleaned out the division? Has he beat Ortega, Edgar, PED Mendes? I don't think so! Holloway's annihilated the journeyman, but top 5 not so much. Conor hasn't done that either at LW, and I never said he did, although he is on the way to do so just like Max is.

I was simply comparing the fact that Conor is champion of two divisions, while Max is a champion in one - yet people act like Max has "caught up" or even surpassed him which is blatant retardation and fallacies. Until Max goes up in weight, he will pale in comparison to Conor.

The reason he was able to get takedowns so easily was because of how dominant he was on the feet. If, in a rematch, it turns out he no longer has such an edge on the feet, then he probably won't be able to get takedowns either. Not to mention the fact that Holloway's TDD and grappling itself will have improved anyway.

I really think Holloway poses similar problems to Diaz, but to a lesser extent. He isn't as tall or rangey, and isn't the same submission threat. Conor would definitely beat Max up early, but if he couldn't finish him, he'd slow, Max would start to pour it on, and Conor would have to dig deep like he did vs Diaz.

But like I said, he isn't as tough a fight as Diaz. Conor would be able to rely on his reach like he couldn't against Diaz, and wouldn't have to worry as much about takedowns or subs. I'm 85% sure Conor wins a rematch.

Max just isn't as useless against wrestlers as Diaz is, but then again his jiu-jitsu isn't nearly as good. He's also a bit more versatile on the feet, but he's a weight class smaller than Nate, if not two. The weight differences between FW and LW are huge.

Who said anything about Max? The point of that comment was about Conor's improvement in grappling, not Max.
Who said anything about Max? You did! You said Conor will molest Max in a rematch bc he improved so much. But you're too stupid to realize that Max has also improved, probably way more than your BF has.

Conor rocked and dropped Nate with ease. Max was treated like a prison bitch in his fight against Conor. Max had his chance to do alright, and he was dominated.

Nate dominated Conor and FINISHED him with ease. NO opposition what so ever from Conor on the ground in less than two rounds. Conor NEVER came close to finishing Nate. Conor didn't even come close to finishing Max, just out-struck him. None of it matter since a 40 year old Sr retired an in his prime supposed to be real fighter. Max is the new kind at FW.

Do you train? That's what training is for, improving skills. Every fighter gets better because they train. Conor's grappling has obviously gotten better since then.

Yes, I do, boxing primarily.

Back on topic, fighters train for what they will use in a fight. As I mentioned twice (clearly you aren't paying attention), Conor has much improved TDD. That's because he has been training to NOT be taken down. And why? Because he is most comfortable where he will have the biggest advantage, standing and striking. His training that you keep referring to (without any actual proof btw) that has improved his so called ground game is essentially mythical - It may exist but we have no proof.

Conor does not want to go to the ground, he does not want to grapple, wrestle etc. He wants to knock guys out and thats how he fights. Defensive grappling (AKA Takedown Defense) has been the staple of many top level strikers in the UFC, Jose Aldo for example, Chuck Liddell as well.

I'd be very very surprised if Conor put much weight into his ground game other than to escape from the bottom and scramble to his feet. We will not see him rolling around on the ground seeking subs any time soon.

More like Conor has proven he's a better grappler than Max and people are in denial about this.
Yeah and Matt Hughes submitted GSP in their first fight. Then proceeded to get utterly dominated in their next two. Fighters get better and gain confidence.

Max Bless your soul. Conor doesn't want no part of it.

Meh.

Call us when Conor lays off the nose candy and shows up to his MMA career.

There's just no point to discussing this while Conor is ducking all fights.

Spin/hype it however you want... Conor couldn't finish a one-legged teenager coming off a loss... They basically had to reattach Max's foot after the fight, everyone knows this...
Conor destroyed his ACL mid fight. He didn't get the finish because of that injury.

Teenager? Nope. Sage was a teenager. Rory Mac was a teenager. Max was already established.

What? Max out grappled Lamas who is a BJJ black belt and Cub who is a black belt in BJJ and Judo. Did the same thing to Stephens.

Max's ground game is astronomically better than it was 4 years ago. He could get TKO'd but he is not getting subbed.

Conor's top control is very good. Max could only lock up Conor and scrambled out once, other than that Conor just controlled him easy.

He wasn't, but even so, Conor has gotten better than ever. His boxing is even better and presumably, so is his grappling.
What about being inactive partying and training for a boxing fight makes you think his ground game will be any better

Back