A question concerning where you live.

Hm, that's very well put. I am really thinking of taking this step. I need to do more.
I have yet for anyone I know to lean left to agree that Islam is bad for Canada but when you talk about stuff that effects their pocketbooks it seems to have a better effect.

Question for you since you’re from Ontario is do you find support for the liberal party is fading or is it status quo? In my experience the west and rightly so is quite worried Ontario as a whole will vote liberal again in 2019.

Do you mean Trudeau and the federal Liberals? My observation is that their support has fuckin plummeted here. All the "progressive" types that I know feel betrayed by him. For all his SJW bluster his government has been similar to Harper's in a lot of ways in their eyes. As for all the normal, working-class people they fuckin hate his guts. Especially anyone who owns a small business. Everybody here that I talk to seems to hate Justin and the federal Liberals, but I still gotta think that they'll pick up a lot of seats here as they always do.

As far as that cunt Wynne and the provincial Liberals, the progressive types don't seem to be very excited about her but don't dislike her either. Her throwing money at "anti-racism" initiatives may help her to lock down the progressive vote that the NDP obviously covets. All the normal people that I've talked to HATE her government, but honestly it seemed like that before the last election too and the scumbags got in with a majority. So I have no idea what's gonna happen in the next few years.

Do you mean Trudeau and the federal Liberals? My observation is that their support has fuckin plummeted here. All the "progressive" types that I know feel betrayed by him. For all his SJW bluster his government has been similar to Harper's in a lot of ways in their eyes. As for all the normal, working-class people they fuckin hate his guts. Especially anyone who owns a small business. Everybody here that I talk to seems to hate Justin and the federal Liberals, but I still gotta think that they'll pick up a lot of seats here as they always do.

As far as that cunt Wynne and the provincial Liberals, the progressive types don't seem to be very excited about her but don't dislike her either. Her throwing money at "anti-racism" initiatives may help her to lock down the progressive vote that the NDP obviously covets. All the normal people that I've talked to HATE her government, but honestly it seemed like that before the last election too and the scumbags got in with a majority. So I have no idea what's gonna happen in the next few years.
Thanks for that detailed answer,I hope the next two years support in Ontario plummets even further. They will most likely lose in the west but they do have support in bc and Alberta somehow. In order for them to go they must lose Ontario or Quebec,both would be nice. I have no idea what will happen if they will in 2019 but I’m thinking there may be a western separation movement.

The Muslim community where I am from is pretty large, and they are fully integrated and they are mostly lovely people with smart kids.

The Muslim community where I am from is pretty large, and they are fully integrated and they are mostly lovely people with smart kids.
Can I ask where this is?

Can I ask where this is?

I live in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. In my experience, Muslim families are among the most polite and family oriented. I've never had an issue, and I have never heard of anybody I know having issues with that community whatsoever.

The country and the state/province.
I ask you what, if anything is being done where you live to combat Islam? Or is it just being allowed to flourish?
Islam has no future for society...it's garbage
Yet it seems in some places politicians / government is almost bent on letting Islam come in and change/ruin everything. .....can I hear some positive things on processes being taken to combat/eliminate this problem.....France for example is banning public prayer....that's a step in the right direction shows they might be waking up.
How about jew?

I ask you what, if anything is being done where you live to combat Islam? Or is it just being allowed to flourish?
Yet it seems in some places politicians / government is almost bent on letting Islam come in and change/ruin everything. .....can I hear some positive things on processes being taken to combat/eliminate this problem.....France for example is banning public prayer....that's a step in the right direction shows they might be waking up.

i live in the san francisco bay area, and although there are many muslims in this area, they aren't the type to harass people. at least nothing i've ever seen. they're building mosques, but these are the muslims who are american-loving, affluent, and i think most are in i.t., or similar fields. in other words, these folks seem as far away from the muslims that there are in europe as possible.

I live in Holland, in an area that has probably been filmed for one of those eurabia scare tapes (omg, shops that sell ARAB THINGS). I haven't really noticed anything that anyone is doing to combat Islam here. I mean, Geert Wilders ran on closing mosques, but he lost. Every so often you see a small bunch of crotchety old timers with PEGIDA banners in the park, arguing with a few college students. Life, otherwise, goes on.

I live in Holland, in an area that has probably been filmed for one of those eurabia scare tapes (omg, shops that sell ARAB THINGS). I haven't really noticed anything that anyone is doing to combat Islam here. I mean, Geert Wilders ran on closing mosques, but he lost. Every so often you see a small bunch of crotchety old timers with PEGIDA banners in the park, arguing with a few college students. Life, otherwise, goes on.

Not much going on as far as extremist behavior? Rapes and acid attacks, bombings?

Where i'm from there exists zero minorities... One of my best friends was raised Muslim and he's one of the best people i've ever met. Granted he doesn't practice or subscribe to any religion... His family is extremely welcoming and kind.

Not much going on as far as extremist behavior? Rapes and acid attacks, bombings?

They picked up a jabroni with an ISIS flag and a Kalashnikov in Rotterdam about a year ago. There haven't been any bombings, or mass sexual assault incidents, or acid attacks to my knowledge. Either the security services in Holland are just better, or there are fewer of such things being planned here for whatever reason.

As a fellow Canuck I'm living it aswell. In my city of Halifax we had a Muslim cabbie caught in the act assaulting some drunk passed out chick with his pants down....caught by a fucking cop of all people. And has been acquitted

what do you think about masuma khan and her antics?

When I eat at the middle eastern place near me I tip them realllllly bad! Take that you evil doers!!

Seriously your life must be awful if you spend so much of it worrying about something that has almost zero chance to affect you. I worry about being robbed by the tweaked out methheads that are EVERYWHERE where I live wayyyyyy more than being blown up by a suicide bomber.

I live in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. In my experience, Muslim families are among the most polite and family oriented. I've never had an issue, and I have never heard of anybody I know having issues with that community whatsoever.

I live in the same area, and I agree. I have two muslim guys on my team and they are both great. Good workers, good dads, nice to everyone around them.

Oh, and they know I'm not religious. It's not a problem for us at all. We've even gone to happy hours and I've had them to my house.

I live in the same area, and I agree. I have two muslim guys on my team and they are both great. Good workers, good dads, nice to everyone around them.

That is refreshing. I'm glad that you can back up my experience, sometimes people almost seem to doubt my sincerity. But I think they are often basing their opinions on news headlines, not actual experiences. I can't imagine what it's like to live with such contempt for people that you have never had the chance to know.

I have always lived in a culturally/ethnically diverse area, and I can honestly say that I could never move to a homogeneous area and be as happy as I am here. When I see the contempt on this site, I am even more grateful for my own life experiences.

That is refreshing. I'm glad that you can back up my experience, sometimes people almost seem to doubt my sincerity. But I think they are often basing their opinions on news headlines, not actual experiences. I can't imagine what it's like to live with such contempt for people that you have never had the chance to know.

I have always lived in a culturally/ethnically diverse area, and I can honestly say that I could never move to a homogeneous area and be as happy as I am here. When I see the contempt on this site, I am even more grateful for my own life experiences.
Its probably a regional thing. Like up here in Maine, its our welfare that attracts people and thats obviously not the sort of bait you want to use when you're looking for good people.

What resources are available in your area? Is training for immigrants stressed or it all free housing, food and money?

Back