Cub Swanson: ‘I felt Like I was Going To Die’

Cub's honesty is his most endearing quality. The dude is real.

Fair play for the honesty.

But it sounds like he just really doesn’t like sub attempts, he freaked out during the Max one as well.

Fighters will pick up on that.

so according to sherdog this will now make him a pussy am i correct?

i think in the stand up ortega had an advantage because of his size and reach advantage. cub doesnt had an answer to that. so ortega worked his way up to the grappling and submission from the stand up.
Yeeehhhh....no. Cub was piecing him up with his boxing. Cub landed 60 strikes and Ortega landed like 22. Basically triple

...and that's coming from a BJJ BB. That tells you something.
Yes and No.....too many BJJ BBs but really it’s all about who trained them and how they can apply it in the cage.

Obviously, Ortega is on a much different level with that then Cub.

You can't tough out a tight guillotine. The brain's survival instincts kick in and you feel a massive sense of panic.

i think in the stand up ortega had an advantage because of his size and reach advantage. cub doesnt had an answer to that. so ortega worked his way up to the grappling and submission from the stand up.
Ortega had an advantage in the stand up? Lol, are you serious? What fight did you watch?
Swanson was lighting Ortega up in the stand up.

Yes and No.....too many BJJ BBs but really it’s all about who trained them and how they can apply it in the cage.

Obviously, Ortega is on a much different level with that then Cub.

Yeah its not really shocking that a random BJJ bb isn’t the same as a BJJ bb trained under Rener Gracie

usa_today_10471092.0.jpg
View attachment 310871
Cub is supposed to be a black belt in Judo and BJJ, yet he keeps getting subbed by guys like Edgar, Ortega and... MAX HOLLOGAY THE BLUE BELT...?!
Still, Cub is GOAT gatekeeper. Hespec.

Looked like he was going to die!

Never seen a fighter so scared since Belfort over Bisping.

Hope the best for Cub. Glad he was in good spirits after the match. Both are really good dudes and need more of them.

Cub is supposed to be a black belt in Judo and BJJ, yet he keeps getting subbed by guys like Edgar, Ortega and... MAX HOLLOGAY THE BLUE BELT...?!
Still, Cub is GOAT gatekeeper. Hespec.

respect? how about you fuck off?

HESPECT to Cub
Integra looked tree times ta size

I woke up with a sore neck after witnessing that guillotine

Back