Why are we so soft on employers who hire illegals?

It's discussed frequently enough. People suggest a variety of penalties. It doesn't garner as much attention because it's easier to pile on the illegals who are not just working illegally but have also entered the country illegally. And, for those who are preoccupied with such things, the illegal entry bothers them more. Plus if you eliminate the illegal entry then you wouldn't have any illegals to hire.
Also because most of us would probably hire illegal workers to save money if we were business owners. Many of us shit on illegals for taking American jobs but we'd give them jobs all the same.

Also because most of us would probably hire illegal workers to save money if we were business owners. Many of us shit on illegals for taking American jobs but we'd give them jobs all the same.

True because once you separate out the origin of the individual, most of us respect someone trying to make a living and willing to work hard to do it.

Yes but people suggest what they think would be more effective than the existing penalty systems.
More people need to suggest actually enforcing the laws currently in existence.

The current laws are just as effective today, as they were during the Ellis Island mass migration period. The only problem is they're not being enforced.

More people need to suggest actually enforcing the laws currently in existence.

The current laws are just as effective today, as they were during the Ellis Island mass migration period. The only problem is they're not being enforced.

People suggest that as well. The OP's question was why wasn't it discussed more. I laid out that it was discussed and provided some additional details on what has been discussed.

If 2 people (in a country that voted for Donald fucking Trump) commit a crime and one is white man and the other is a brown one.....
Question answered!/ End thread

Good question...and under gwb we did.

Which was unfortunate imo.

When i was in college, I worked in a cafeteria on campus. Our very best janitorial staff were all illegals. As soon as new restrictions/penalties were put in place , we had to cut them loose.

They were not lazy, rapists etc...

Most of the illegals we hired came to the states to support their families....

Granted, they did send all their money back to.mexico....but they were without question some of the coolest people I've met

That's the worse part about this illegal immigration issue. It sucks for the immigrants, living in limbo, it sucks for lower income americans who might work some seasonal jobs as well. The only people it helps are rich fucks. All the good normal people get fucked.

The worse part? The same people who have been shipping jobs overseas are the same ones who meddled in the economies of places like Mexico, and hastened their ruination.

People suggest that as well.
I understand. However, more people should "suggest" (reiterate) this.

To be honest, I rarely see people suggesting this on the forum, because the fact of the matter is that most people, in general, are unaware of how unequivocal our immigration laws are.

My biggest complaint is that it's always the little guy getting fucked.

Harsh penalties to some top people in large companies and you'll see this practice of hiring illegals stop.

I wish I could pick which rules apply to me and which don't.

We go after innocent people filling jobs. While we ignore the job creators who willingly hire them.

Why is this never discussed around here?
Big Business is what runs the country. Not the gov. That’s why.

Good question...and under gwb we did.

Which was unfortunate imo.

When i was in college, I worked in a cafeteria on campus. Our very best janitorial staff were all illegals. As soon as new restrictions/penalties were put in place , we had to cut them loose.

They were not lazy, rapists etc...

Most of the illegals we hired came to the states to support their families....

Granted, they did send all their money back to.mexico....but they were without question some of the coolest people I've met
was this seattle u or uw?

Well if you consider checking airports and border crossings an inconvenience then you have to reach that conclusion.

On the other hand, if you think that coming down on illegal immigration has intrinsic value towards bolstering the strength of your legal immigrant programs (and such programs could probably be expanded somewhat) then it's absolutely worthwhile.

You want people to want to come here but you want them to come here via the proper mechanics since it maximizes their chances of success once they arrive. An illegal working under the table is limited in opportunity in a way that the same individual is not limited if they came through the proper channels.
What's your solution at airports since people just fly in and stay?

Why is it soft?

in the UK i think it's 10k fine per a person.

What's your solution at airports since people just fly in and stay?
how is that the same? do you know how hard it is to obtain an NIV visa?

those visa overstay are vetted (both financially and criminally) by u.s. embassy in their respective countries.

who vetted an illegal who jumped the fence?

Both need to be addressed. There are push and pull factors.

Wow I really thought the republicans on this site would have A LOT more defenses against going after the people who employ them and defending the need to build a giant beautiful wall......

It's discussed frequently enough. People suggest a variety of penalties. It doesn't garner as much attention because it's easier to pile on the illegals who are not just working illegally but have also entered the country illegally. And, for those who are preoccupied with such things, the illegal entry bothers them more. Plus if you eliminate the illegal entry then you wouldn't have any illegals to hire.
but if illegals cant find jobs then they wont come here.

its easier to just go after the employers..this is why im against the wall.

how is that the same? do you know how hard it is to obtain an NIV visa?

those visa overstay are vetted (both financially and criminally) by u.s. embassy in their respective countries.

who vetted an illegal who jumped the fence?

A Chinese friend got a visa in about 5 minutes while I waited for him and he consulate in Guangzhou . He decided at the last minute to fly to Hawaii with me.

It is my anecdotal experience that the illegals who work for me and who I know personally are less likely to commit crimes and get in financial problems than citizens. This is for skilled labor jobs.

If 2 people (in a country that voted for Donald fucking Trump) commit a crime and one is white man and the other is a brown one.....
Question answered!/ End thread

Yep they both get arrested go in front of a judge

Back