Elections Alabama Special Senate Election Live Results Thread

What? No it doesn't. That results in things like shaming, ostracization and honor crimes. You know... primitive forms of control we managed to liberate ourselves from.

I would be amazed if you saw the resurgence of shaming on social media and thought, "Yes, this is a step in the right direction."

Come on man he just wants tribal councils to bring back honor killings instead of defaulting to rules of law in larger courts why you gotta harsh his buzz

It's pretty simple. Don't have sex with kids.

Well, it's not, though.

American law and culture has a pretty ludicrous disposition on the topic. If you're 35 and you bang someone one day before they turn 18, you're a monster. A day later and a bunch of douche bags think you're Hugh Hefner.

There's logic to creating some kind of incremental regime that allows for some nuance or at least some differentiation between different levels of misconduct.

What? No it doesn't. That results in things like shaming, ostracization and honor crimes. You know... primitive forms of control we managed to liberate ourselves from.

I would be amazed if you saw the resurgence of shaming on social media and thought, "Yes, this is a step in the right direction."

So you think all morally wrong things should be illegal?

How abouyt adultery? death penalty or prison time for adultery like in Muslim countries?

Come on man he just wants tribal councils to bring back honor killings instead of defaulting to rules of law in larger courts why you gotta harsh his buzz

So you think that people were wrong to ostracize Roy Moore? since you know, there hasnt been a single trial about his antics.

What are you talking about? It says precisely what he says it said: that the age of consent in Alabama is 16.

context
/ˈkɒntɛkst/
noun
  1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.

Roy Moore is demanding a recount and is doing it himself. It’s taking a while cause he keeps stopping at 14.
<36>
theres a builders joke on site when its hot
"fuck me! im sweatin like a rapist in an identity parade"
we should amend it to
"im sweatin like roy moore at the mall"

So you think all morally wrong things should be illegal?

No, that's stupid. I never said anything remotely like that.

How abouyt adultery? death penalty or prison time for adultery like in Muslim countries?

Do you think all moral wrongs not addressed by law require consequences from outraged people who have likely done awful shit themselves? Is it up to you to make sure someone faces some sort of punishment for adultery?

Judge not, lest ye be judged yourselves?

I usually find it helpful to read the links I post as supporting evidence, just in case they in fact do completely the opposite..

Do you lack reading comprehension?

Back