Perry talks loss to Ponzinibbio: "He poked me in the eye"

No I just went ahead and actually watched the fight. It was easier to see what was happening because I wasn't jerking off while desperately grasping a Bud platinum.

Watch the first round right now, and tell me Ponzi only landed one headstrike on Perry in round 1.

I’m not following as I’ve never jerked off to a goat fight.
You seem emotionally invested in hating a guy you don’t know.
Is it something he said that bothers you? Why so much disdain for him?

I’m a fan of mikes as I am any fighter
Who puts on great fights and vicious kos.

Actually, I've watched that round very carefully many times with that in mind. I have time stamped the one strike I saw... so if you're going to dispute that then you need to tell me the time stamp that you saw onother one.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I want to know. So prove me wrong. What's the time stamp?

<Dany07>

NZ3wbUg.png

No, it was after Perry got poked. I saw that then later on it looked like Perry got Ponz too and he came away bleeding just under his eye. He just kept fighting.
Can't say I see it. You gotta a time stamp?

After the 2nd round, the doctor was tending to lacerations above Ponzi's right eye & on the left cheek... but nothing that close to the eye that could be considered a bleeding eye poke.

I’m not following as I’ve never jerked off to a goat fight.
You seem emotionally invested in hating a guy you don’t know.
Is it something he said that bothers you? Why so much disdain for him?

I’m a fan of mikes as I am any fighter
Who puts on great fights and vicious kos.

It's cute when you guys say this to a guy who's laughing at you hysterically.

You're calling him the goat and telling me he only lost because he was poked in the eye. Tell me more about being emotionally invested.....

<Dany07>

In all honesty here ....... Ponzi really didn't do anything until Mikes eye was bleeding from a poke. After that Perry got stupid and started getting wild trying to take him down and then throwing wild shit. Before the eye poking he was actually being diciplined in his striking and just out fighting him standing. Not certain how badly the poke really effected Mike wether it really did hurt vision or just fucked him up mentally ....... yeah fight changed after eye poked.

I like watching Ponzi but seriously eye poking has to get stopped ........ eye poking wasn't even legal in ufc 1 ....... yet it is seemingly okay now ?

In all honesty here ....... Ponzi really didn't do anything until Mikes eye was bleeding from a poke. After that Perry got stupid and started getting wild trying to take him down and then throwing wild shit. Before the eye poking he was actually being diciplined in his striking and just out fighting him standing. Not certain how badly the poke really effected Mike wether it really did hurt vision or just fucked him up mentally ....... yeah fight changed after eye poked.

I like watching Ponzi but seriously eye poking has to get stopped ........ eye poking wasn't even legal in ufc 1 ....... yet it is seemingly okay now ?

Nah, the fight changed after Mike Perry gassed himself chasing the knockout in the first round like a goddamn neanderthal.

LOL stop, stop my stomache hurts too much....

{<jordan}

"Perry was unhittable until his eye was gouged out....."

"If I'm wrong I want to know."

You can't write this shit....
That's exactly why I said you sound like an OT guy. I asked you to give me a time stamp on when Ponzi hit Plat in the first & then I spoke the truth about if I'm wrong I want to know it... & you come back to me with this off topic stuff laughing at me instead of even acknowledging the what we were talking about. You're a strange dude... you should go to the OT... you'll fit right in. No joke.

Shoop Trolls Joker.jpg

It's cute when you guys say this to a guy who's laughing at you hysterically.

You're calling him the goat and telling me he only lost because he was poked in the eye. Tell me more about being emotionally invested.....

<Dany07>

Seriously the goat was auto correct. I think I meant to put fight.

No I’m saying it was a close first round. I gave it to perry.
Round 2 there’s an eye poke and the fight changed very drastically and immediately after that.
The same happened to Gunnar Nelson. Slow fight. Eye poke and then Ponzi gets the ko.

I know perry lost the fight. Watching the fight you can see a clear change in the fight immediately after Ponzi Got his eye.

You haven't been following the fight game long if compubox stats is your argument, it's 2 guys watching the fight as it happens from outside a cage pushing buttons, room for error exists. Like Paulie Malignnagi always says

Last edited:
You haven't been following the fight game long if compubox stats is your argument, it's 2 guys watching the fight as it happens from outside pushing buttons, room for error exists. Like Paulie Malignnagi always says

Mike Perry gassed himself in the first round after landing one decent strike.

I watched the fight.

He was done before the eye poke.

That's exactly why I said you sound like an OT guy. I asked you to give me a time stamp on when Ponzi hit Plat in the first & then I spoke the truth about if I'm wrong I want to know it... & you come back to me with this off topic stuff laughing at me instead of even acknowledging the what we were talking about. You're a strange dude... you should go to the OT... you'll fit right in. No joke.

View attachment 314543

See the problem here is you think I'm in here to prove something. I'm not. I'm here to laugh at you for being an obsessive and delusional fanboy with a crush on a mediocre fighter.

I'm sure it's gotten confusing as you continuously post incorrect shit and get corrected, but I don't care what you believe. In fact, I hope you really do believe he only got hit once. Because like I said, you need to believe it.

Seriously the goat was auto correct. I think I meant to put fight.

Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt...... you "think" you meaant....

No I’m saying it was a close first round.

That's not what you said at all.

I gave it to perry.
Round 2 there’s an eye poke and the fight changed very drastically and immediately after that.
The same happened to Gunnar Nelson. Slow fight. Eye poke and then Ponzi gets the ko

....those fights weren't similar at all.

Believe it guys. I'm sure it's hard when you're discovering your repressed feeling for another man and then you watch him suck at his job, but don't worry. You're still totally gay.

bork1}

I appreciate your effort, but I'm telling you what I saw through careful observation of the 1st while you're quoting from a google search. These stats are often done live by someone sitting cage side... so that they can call on them as the fight goes & are immediately available afterward. As they are done live & on the fly... they are very faulty... as you will obviously have a better view watching on tv & being able to rewind & watch in slow mo n stuff.

Here is my data: I'm actaully seeing 8 legit strikes... only 1 of which is a head strike.

Ponzi landed 5 Leg kicks that were mostly checked or rolled, & 2 body shots. He threw 43 attempted head strikes & only landed 1 light jab to the right cheek that didn't leave a mark.

If you want to dispute my claims... then time stamp me a head shot other than the one I mentioned at 0:17

Last edited:

I watched the fight.

lol... he wasn't done before the eye poke. That was 25 seconds into the first round & Ponzi still hadn't hit him in the face yet that round. he didn't do very well for that round, but he wasn't gassed & he landed more than one decent strike.

I didn't document every single little strike... but I did take note of the main ones that Plat landed. he even rallied at teh end of the round and was backing Ponzi up.

3:55 – Plat Big left...
3:06 – Plat left jab
1:26 – Pozi rallied off left hook & landed a few Jabs, Plat landed a jab & finished the rally with a jab
0:50 – Plat big left

TIL that fight fans don't understand how eyeballs work.

LOL

What a bitch.

"
WINNIPEG – Mike Perry caught a few errant fingers to his eye during a training camp for Santiago Ponzinibbio. But the way Perry figured it, that was a good way to train for the challenge ahead.

So he encouraged training partners to keep poking him.

“I was like, ‘No, keep going, that’s good, I like it,” Perry told MMAjunkie in advance of his fight against Ponzinibbio at UFC on FOX 26. “It didn’t stop me or phase me for one second. This is what I do. I live for the pain.”"

I watched the fight.

Now I have no idea what you're talking about, Perry didn't go wild chasing him around the cage. He kept his range, used head movement and won the first. He was fine coming out for the second, then got poked in the eye. After that Ponz started attacking and landing. Don't know if you've ever had your vision impaired in a fight before, but it can cause panic for even the most seasoned striker. Adrenaline starts pumping, and you're still being attacked by the dude that poked your eye, it all wears on your conditioning.

Now I have no idea what you're talking about, Perry didn't go wild chasing him around the cage. He kept his range, used head movement and won the first. He was fine coming out for the second, then got poked in the eye. After that Ponz started attacking and landing. Don't know if you've ever had your vision impaired in a fight before, but it can cause panic for even the most seasoned striker. Adrenaline starts pumping, and you're still being attacked by the dude that poked your eye, it all wears on your conditioning.

<Dany07>

lol... he wasn't done before the eye poke. That was 25 seconds into the first round & Ponzi still hadn't hit him in the face yet that round. he didn't do very well for that round, but he wasn't gassed & he landed more than one decent strike.

I didn't document every single little strike... but I did take note of the main ones that Plat landed. he even rallied at teh end of the round and was backing Ponzi up.

3:55 – Plat Big left...
3:06 – Plat left jab
1:26 – Pozi rallied off left hook & landed a few Jabs, Plat landed a jab & finished the rally with a jab
0:50 – Plat big left

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Perry only has about 2-3 minutes of gas, you're right.

See the problem here is you think I'm in here to prove something. I'm not. I'm here to laugh at you for being an obsessive and delusional fanboy with a crush on a mediocre fighter.

I'm sure it's gotten confusing as you continuously post incorrect shit and get corrected, but I don't care what you believe. In fact, I hope you really do believe he only got hit once. Because like I said, you need to believe it.
I've explained to you more times than I can count that I'm just backing the data that I discovered. You keep trying to make it out to be more than it is. I don't need anything to be true. I'm just explaining what is true.

Meanwhile you just admitted that you don't care about the truth & that you're only here to laugh at Perry fans... so you are a self admitted troll.

All right... this is getting boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back