Perry talks loss to Ponzinibbio: "He poked me in the eye"

Perry did well and it anyone's fight until the spinning backfist secured the fight for the eye poker. Like @Myrddin Wild said, Ponz wasn't landing to the head at all until the eye poke, oh well it is what it is. Platinum will learn from this and come back stronger, still damn good performance against a top 10 rated fighter.

#PlatinumBless

Last edited:
He didn’t land much the first round. What he said was a slight exaggeration.
He
Didn’t land anything too clean until the eye poke.
Watch the fight. Your asking me did ponzibino land one head strike.
Mma stats are silly. He landed nothing of significance until the eye poke
Actually, I'm not exaggerating at all. Ponzi didn't even so much as land a grazing shot to Plat's head other than the one jab at the end of the 1st.

I was surprised... & so I took a bit of time to rewind & take a closer look at some of the closer attempts. Ponzi's 2nd shot to the head was after the picture I posted where Plat's eye is bleeding (4:04 on the countdown clock.) and then shortly after that was when he started rallying.

Actually, I'm not exaggerating at all. Ponzi didn't even so much as land a grazing shot to Plat's head other than the one jab at the end of the 1st.

I was surprised... & so I took a bit of time to rewind & take a closer look at some of the closer attempts. Ponzi's 2nd shot to the head was after the picture I posted where Plat's eye is bleeding (4:04 on the countdown clock.) and then shortly after that was when he started rallying.

* verified and quoted for truth.

So you are also telling me Ponzi landed one, single head strike in round 1?

Well im traveling and just got my phone so i cant rewatch the fight very well, but i know when i watched live it felt like Perry dominated the first round, which he won on all scorecards. If myrddin rewatched the fight and said ponzi only landed 1 clean headstrike in round 1 then i believe him.

It was a close fight. I thought perry won the first.
After the eye poke the whole fight turned.
Eye pokes are a huge problem in the ufc. It’s become a well utilized cheap technique. And it’s a game changer and there’s no penalty for it.

Pride never had this problem. Probably due to the style of the glove.
yup.

Not to mention this guy has a history of eyepoking. Looks intentional as well. I never actually watched the fight but eyepokes can definitely change the direction of a fight.

It's silly to act like they wouldn't play a factor.

I support Perry on this. I don't he's someone who makes up excuses. Besides, the other guy has proven to be a dirty fighter.

yup.

Not to mention this guy has a history of eyepoking. Looks intentional as well. I never actually watched the fight but eyepokes can definitely change the direction of a fight.

It's silly to act like they wouldn't play a factor.

If you paw with your fingers out your intent to get an eye. You don’t find range like that.
It also prevents a guy from closing range as you will get your fuxking eye poked.

iwHxMHH9sv7kFTU0TcNCfxbxqpPvi0zZascKlGh1LvqXOw0uX7QU_otlTnU5LHFZ-olLXW89obF8onW_FT9-9qcvZWy2cto8hggwFvI=w300-h299-nc
oh-snap.gif

* just went over the data posted by that one dude and checked the video.
He is correct. Only 1 shot.
Did you read and view the data?

No I just went ahead and actually watched the fight. It was easier to see what was happening because I wasn't jerking off while desperately grasping a Bud platinum.

Watch the first round right now, and tell me Ponzi only landed one headstrike on Perry in round 1.

So you are also telling me Ponzi landed one, single head strike in round 1?

Why do you keep suggesting I'm from the OT? Do you have a quota on being wrong you're trying to hit?
Yup.... one head strike in the 1st. Once I recognized how little he landed, I actually went back & watched it much closer & even paused & rewound a couple of spots. It's true. Check it out.

Well, I'm just assuming you're from the OT because they go off topic a lot like you are. For example I gave carefully acquired data that I got from watching the tape over & over... & instead of questioning the data... you questioned me as a fan & as a person with all the name calling & stuff... & it's kind of mandantory for OT guys to claim victory every few posts similar to how you're doing.

If you're not actually an OT crossover... you should check it out. You will fit right in.

Don't get me wrong... I see the fun in it. It's kind of like construction worker talk ragging on each other... or bar room talk or whatever... it's just not my thing.

If you paw with your fingers out your intent to get an eye. You don’t find range like that.
It also prevents a guy from closing range as you will get your fuxking eye poked.
there needs to be heavier penalties for eyepokes, especially when they're used intentionally to shift the direction of a fight.

Especially In close fights, It's a game of inches and little things like that can decide the fight.

No I just went ahead and actually watched the fight. It was easier to see what was happening because I wasn't jerking off while desperately grasping a Bud platinum.

Watch the first round right now, and tell me Ponzi only landed one headstrike on Perry in round 1.
Actually, I've watched that round very carefully many times with that in mind. I have time stamped the one strike I saw... so if you're going to dispute that then you need to tell me the time stamp that you saw onother one.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I want to know. So prove me wrong. What's the time stamp?

Shit changed the fight like day and night
Perry was lighting him up, showing his might
Landing lefts and rights, his future bright
Then pokenibio threw a strike
Fingers foward at eye socket height
His poking technique trained and tight
Stabbed Perrys eye, robbing his sight
This kind of tactic is not alright
Ponzi’s a cheat, im surprised he dont bite
This repeat offender dont deserve to fight

View attachment 314457

Well done, sir. Well done.

He did, Perry was using head movement incredibly well throughout the first round, he made Ponz miss time and time again. The only strikes Ponz managed to land in the first round were leg kicks, and the 1 jab like @Myrddin Wild said. I don't understand why it's so hard for Perry fan haters to admit the truth. Most of Platinum Nation is not claiming Perry won, I admit he lost. However he was looking great and winning the fight until he got poked in the eye.

Last edited:
Actually, I've watched that round very carefully many times with that in mind. I have time stamped the one strike I saw... so if you're going to dispute that then you need to tell me the time stamp that you saw onother one.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I want to know. So prove me wrong. What's the time stamp?

LOL stop, stop my stomache hurts too much....

{<jordan}

"Perry was unhittable until his eye was gouged out....."

"If I'm wrong I want to know."

You can't write this shit....

Shit changed the fight like day and night
Perry was lighting him up, showing his might
Landing lefts and rights, his future bright
Then pokenibio threw a strike
Fingers foward at eye socket height
His poking technique trained and tight
Stabbed Perrys eye, robbing his sight
This kind of tactic is not alright
Ponzi’s a cheat, im surprised he dont bite
This repeat offender dont deserve to fight

View attachment 314457
<Huh2>

there needs to be heavier penalties for eyepokes, especially when they're used intentionally to shift the direction of a fight.

Especially In close fights, It's a game of inches and little things like that can decide the fight.

When my weed smoke gets in my eye i have to take a breather and collect myself.
So I can relate to these fighters.

Perry still my boy!!! Ponz a great fighter, but also an eye poker!!! Perry really doesn't lose too much steam here (minus sherdork haters) - I'm sensing Perry vs Lawler next!! It's an opponent for Robbie who's not in the top 10, and a good chance for another Plat ko!!!
<Dany07>

Lawler?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Back