Montreal to Lift Controversial Pitbull Ban

How do you finish a pitbull? You strangle it?

If you could get its back sure. All other chokes expose your vitals to its bite. But odds are and I actually have some training on this, you are already bitten at the point you go to the ground. How do you take its back when it has your arm or leg? Answer is you don't. You need to get on top and beat it to death with whatever limbs you have left.
My former muay thai coach is a animal control guy for the county. He has much experience in defending himself against wild dogs. We implemented much of his experience in our real world JKD training. And I unfortunately have had occasion to use that experience in real life. You need to be the aggressor against the dog. If you don't go first you will get bitten.

They breed Dobermans, German Shepherds, Rotweilers to be companions now. I actually just recently read an article about Dobermans and how breeders have been working to make them less aggressive for a couple decades.
Yup. There are breeders for pet and working quality dogs for those three, and many other breeds. I wouldn't want a dog with a working heritage as a pet. In a way the same thing happened to APBTs resulting in the American Staffordshire Terrier which is an AKC recognized breed while pits are not.

How do you finish a pitbull? You strangle it?
Assuming you don't have a knife or a gun of some sort the best way is probably to let it bite one of your forearms while you gouge out it's eyes with the other, free hand.

This is my favourite part
That is the most asinine of rationales. As if the differences between breeds don't exist. There are restrictions on wild animals species one can keep in a residential setting, so why not dangerous dog breeds.

That is the most asinine of rationales. As if the differences between breeds don't exist. There are restrictions on wild animals species one can keep in a residential setting, so why not dangerous dog breeds.
Actually that's an extremely reasonable thing to say that's also grounded in reality. Dogs are dangerous period. In Ontario dog bites are on the rise and the ban is clearly not working. They need to look at other approaches which would prevent people from getting attacked and unfortunately doing away with the boogey man pitbull has not helped because it does not adress the main issue of terrible ownership, parenting, inbreeding and lack of experience.

Simply banning dogs does not solve this problem no matter how afraid you are of pitbulls. Smart regulations probably would how ever.

I'm surprised that Montreal didn't ban dogs because they're offensive to Muslims or some stupid shit like that.

Actually that's an extremely reasonable thing to say that's also grounded in reality. Dogs are dangerous period. In Ontario dog bites are on the rise and the ban is clearly not working. They need to look at other approaches which would prevent people from getting attacked and unfortunately doing away with the boogey man pitbull has not helped because it does not adress the main issue of terrible ownership, parenting, inbreeding and lack of experience.

Simply banning dogs does not solve this problem no matter how afraid you are of pitbulls. Smart regulations probably would how ever.
No one is saying ban all dogs breeds; people are saying that SOME dog breeds need to be banned.

No reasonable and honest person can say with a straight face that owning a Pit-bull or Bull Mastiff or Cane Corso or Dogo Argentina is remotely comparable to owning a Beagle or Dachshund.

Different breeds were bred for different purposes and consequently have different temperaments. So you can't possibly tell me that nature has nothing or little to do with the issue

I would rather be attacked by a wild bobcat or coyote than a Rottweiler or PitBull of similar or smaller size.

I'm surprised that Montreal didn't ban dogs because they're offensive to Muslims or some stupid shit like that.

How the Muslims going to campaign for Sharia Law if the infidel laws are already almost there? Gotta set the stage right homie.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

<seedat><seedat><seedat><seedat><seedat>

No one is saying ban all dogs breeds; people are saying that SOME dog breeds need to be banned.
Data suggests this is unhelpful though. So what do you care for more? Banning pitbulls therefore lowering attack/kill rates from those dogs or stopping people from getting bitten/killed period? If it's the former than sure mission accomplished. If it's the latter than it's not helping.

No reasonable and honest person can say with a straight face that owning a Pit-bull or Bull Mastiff or Cane Corso or Dogo Argentina is remotely comparable to owning a Beagle or Dachshund.
Agreed. They are not even in the same universe. Unfortunately when it comes to children it doesn't matter and i think we can all agree with the proportionality on that front as well.

Different breeds were bred for different purposes and consequently have different temperaments. So you can't possibly tell me that nature has nothing or little to do with the issue
Im not saying that. I beleive it's a variable but it also isnt the only one that surrounds the dog and we need to be looking at those as well.

Simply summing up the problem to "they are inherently dangerous" doesn't fix anything. You understand this?

I would rather be attacked by a wild bobcat or coyote than a Rottweiler or PitBull of similar or smaller size.
Well i suppose it depends.
This is a pitbull "type" dog that is similar in size to both of them. Would you still rather fight it over a bob cat?
staffordshire-bull-terrier-9f023-12.jpg

Data suggests this is unhelpful though. So what do you care for more? Banning pitbulls therefore lowering attack/kill rates from those dogs or stopping people from getting bitten/killed period? If it's the former than sure mission accomplished. If it's the latter than it's not helping.

Agreed. They are not even in the same universe. Unfortunately when it comes to children it doesn't matter and i think we can all agree with the proportionality on that front as well.

Im not saying that. I beleive it's a variable but it also isnt the only one that surrounds the dog and we need to be looking at those as well.

Simply summing up the problem to "they are inherently dangerous" doesn't fix anything. You understand this?

Well i suppose it depends.
This is a pitbull "type" dog that is similar in size to both of them. Would you still rather fight it over a bob cat?
staffordshire-bull-terrier-9f023-12.jpg
Yes I would rather take on a bobcat than that dog, assuming it is similar in fighting ability to a pitbull.

Yes I would rather take on a bobcat than that dog, assuming it is similar in fighting ability to a pitbull.
I don't know dude, cats sort of freak me out. It would be a close fight between the two of them though that's for sure.

you immensely underestimate how strong and vicious a bobcat is lol. it's very shy, so it won't attack you, but please don't get locked in a small room with one.

just make dog owners legally responsible for what their dogs do. the amount of dipshits wanting to own pits would plummet. they arent gonna look tough in jail when inmates ask them what they are in for.

If you could get its back sure. All other chokes expose your vitals to its bite. But odds are and I actually have some training on this, you are already bitten at the point you go to the ground. How do you take its back when it has your arm or leg? Answer is you don't. You need to get on top and beat it to death with whatever limbs you have left.
My former muay thai coach is a animal control guy for the county. He has much experience in defending himself against wild dogs. We implemented much of his experience in our real world JKD training. And I unfortunately have had occasion to use that experience in real life. You need to be the aggressor against the dog. If you don't go first you will get bitten.

you immensely underestimate how strong and vicious a bobcat is lol. it's very shy, so it won't attack you, but please don't get locked in a small room with one.

Yea, cats are built for fighting one-on-one which a couple hundred years of dog breed isn't going to overcome. Pound for pound dogs have no chance.

Even the laziest of house cats gives the best JRT/Patterdale a run for his money and probably wins.

The simple answer to all this might be: if I lose control of my dog, how dangerous will my dog be to me, my family, and neighbors?

That's like 2 .....may be 3 step thinking right there though , and a solid chunk of people that gravitate to those dogs are not really
up to that via being mentally deficient in some way in my experience.

You've got what 2......maybe a few of those up your sleeve? Take the Pepsi challenge ? Ill even give you labs AND German Shepards , Ill only link pit attributed attacks.
The point of those articles isn't to trivialize pitbull attacks. It's to highlight a problem in parenting and bad ownership.

You people do not care about these attacks until you hear the word pitbull. It's pathetic.

Back