Your recent changes in beliefs

P

Pugilistic

Have you garnered a new perspective recently? There are some beliefs or opinions I thought would be difficult for me to change my mind on, but I've recently been exposed to some experiences and information that made me rethink my stance.

1. I was vehemently pro-gay marriage for a long time.
I personally don't it's my business whatever consenting adults do.I always thought of marriage as being a solely a matter for the individuals involved and that government and the rest of society should stay out of it. But I realize now that when it comes to marriage, it has to be a legal issue. Legalizing gay marriage would open the doors for other forms of marriage and that could lead to an administrative nightmare. It would be very confusing to figure that shit out and keeping the legal definition of marriage as being between man and woman would make things a lot more simpler. I'm still all about the rights of gay people being equal to everybody else, but I am not sure where I stand on the issue of marriage now.

2. I was always against going to prostitutes.
I've always been for legalizing it, but I personally didn't want to go to prostitutes myself. My first experience with one years ago was very empty and forgettable. The girl was average looking and she was almost too professional; everything was very mechanical and "by the book." I wondered why anybody would pay for sex when it would be much better to simply hit on a girl at a bar for a one night stand. And personally, sex in itself isn't all that meaningful for me unless I have some emotional connection with a girl I know. However, these days I find myself caring less about emotional connection with women unless the girl is truly special, which is rare. Hitting on women feels like too much work these days not to mention I don't have as much time anymore. Not to mention some chicks are fucking crazy and can bring drama to your life. Also I don't want a relationship anyway. But if I do get horny, going to a prostitute seems like an easy and simple alternative without the hassle of trying to hit on a girl and establishing a no-strings attached fwb arrangement without her getting clingy and hurt.

Has anybody else had recent changes in opinion?

If you are going to open with two politically hot why not put this in the War Room?

The shit, dude? So are you against gay marriage for prositutes or what?

Yea this is War Room trash.

Unless you have some more hilarious hijinks about you trying to fuck some broad, keep it moving.

Have you garnered a new perspective recently? There are some beliefs or opinions I thought would be difficult for me to change my mind on, but I've recently been exposed to some experiences and information that made me rethink my stance.

I personally don't it's my business whatever consenting adults do.I always thought of marriage as being a solely a matter for the individuals involved and that government and the rest of society should stay out of it. But I realize now that when it comes to marriage, it has to be a legal issue. Legalizing gay marriage would open the doors for other forms of marriage and that could lead to an administrative nightmare. It would be very confusing to figure that shit out and keeping the legal definition of marriage as being between man and woman would make things a lot more simpler. I'm still all about the rights of gay people being equal to everybody else, but I am not sure where I stand on the issue of marriage now.

I've always been for legalizing it, but I personally didn't want to go to prostitutes myself. My first experience with one years ago was very empty and forgettable. The girl was average looking and she was almost too professional; everything was very mechanical and "by the book." I wondered why anybody would pay for sex when it would be much better to simply hit on a girl at a bar for a one night stand. And personally, sex in itself isn't all that meaningful for me unless I have some emotional connection with a girl I know. However, these days I find myself caring less about emotional connection with women unless the girl is truly special, which is rare. Hitting on women feels like too much work these days not to mention I don't have as much time anymore. Not to mention some chicks are fucking crazy and can bring drama to your life. Also I don't want a relationship anyway. But if I do get horny, going to a prostitute seems like an easy and simple alternative without the hassle of trying to hit on a girl and establishing a no-strings attached fwb arrangement without her getting clingy and hurt.

1. What other forms of marriage are you worried about? Human and animal? Just define marriage as a contract between 2 humans. Pretty simple.

2. Marriage is a legal form of prostitution, just much more expensive. You have to give a person half of what you own to have sex with them.

What strange doors do you think allowing gay marriage is going to open? Is this "guy marries a tree" stuff?

I have recently opened up to the possibility that pit bulls’ genetics may not play a role in the number of pit bull attacks that occur. I’m still not convinced, but I consider it a possibility that they are equally as likely to attack as all other dogs, but that they attract a certain type of owner who generally neglects, abuses, or otherwise makes them vicious and more likely to attack them they would otherwise be. Like I said though, the jury is still out.

so your favorite gay prostitute got married to another man and that turned your beliefs 180?

Last edited:
If you are going to open with two politically hot why not put this in the War Room?
Because fuck the war room. Besides the point is that I've been exposed to different perspectives that made me rethink my position, not the actual issues themselves. Makes me realize no matter how well-intended my opinions may be, the other side may have a point if you look at it from a certain perspective.

How is my wanting to bang hookers a war room topic anyway?
I was thinking more along the lines of poly-amorous marriages. I think that would get really confusing when it comes to property inheritance if one of the spouses die or who gets custody of the kids if they get divorced.

I have recently opened up to the possibility that pit bulls’ genetics may not play a role in the number of pit bull attacks that occur. I’m still not convinced, but I consider it a possibility that they are equally as likely to attack as all other dogs, but that they attract a certain type of owner who generally neglects, abuses, or otherwise makes them vicious and more likely to attack them they would otherwise be. Like I said though, the jury is still out.
I have no idea about the issue myself and wasn't invested it in it, but pitbulls are slowly becoming more popular where I live and I haven't had issues yet, but I worry a bit because most people with pitbulls I see are the type of people you'd expect to have a pitbull.

so your favorite gay prostitute got married to another man and that turned your beliefs 180?
I wouldn't pay for it but I'd fuck a guy if the right guy came along.
Yea this is War Room trash.

Unless you have some more hilarious hijinks about you trying to fuck some broad, keep it moving.
Hey it's early in the year. I'll have material eventually.

What strange doors do you think allowing gay marriage is going to open? Is this "guy marries a tree" stuff?

hqdefault.jpg

I don't know if they are more aggressive but once they do attack, they don't stop and they are genetically equipped to bite much harder.

I've changed my stance on marriage as well. I used to have a 1 man 1 woman sort of position, but now I don't see why the government has any role in it at all. There should be no legal standing that changes when you "tie the knott" and anyone should be able to walk down the isle with whomever they please. We have to remember that marriage was only a big deal because it was illegal to get divorced. That isn't the case anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

Football(the real kind, not soccer). I used to be a huge fan and even played my way through college but after all the research done into TBI and other health concerns I won't let my boys play and I don't even watch anymore.

1) I don't need a woman to make me happy. I am responsible for the way I feel.

2) Social media is toxic. Life is much nicer without it.

3) Alcohol and Weed were not improving my quality of life. I was just using them to numb emotional pain and insecurities.

4) Respobsibility is the foundation of fulfillment for men. I used to avoid responsibility like the plague. Now I embrace it.

5) Self respect is key. I used to make decisions based on what I thought other people might think or how they would perceive me. Now I make decisions based on what will develop my own self respect.

I've had a lot of shifts in perspective recently but those I feel are the most important ones.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be be about positive changes in your life.

I'll see myself out.

LOL

<{ByeHomer}>

Might be worth remembering that in some cultures adults marry children..

From the definitions you both gave, you'd be okay with that.
not in mine. Any forced marriage would go against the whole "anyone they please" part. Seeing as how the child would be being forced.

Here's another one I just remembered. I had monk fish once years ago and I hated it. Thought I would never eat it again. I recently gave it another chance when a friend who loves it invited me to dinner. I can see the appeal now. It's not flaky and "fishy" but rather "fleshy" and chewier than most fish meat. Interesting texture and decent taste. It's not my favorite fish but I'll eat it again if it's there.

not in mine. Any forced marriage would go against the whole "anyone they please" part. Seeing as how the child would be being forced.

Well, you said anyone should be able to walk down the isle with whom they please? What if the child wanted to?

Wasn't trying to trap you by any means, just pointing out the importance of clear definitions. I always fall back to the definition of two consenting adults.

It's interesting to me to hear more "progressive" people's opinion on whether or not Polygamy should be legal, though

Back