How easily would Prime-Big Nog have submitted Francis?

Chuck’s best UFC run began at age 34. Like I said Nog came over when he was still in his prime at age 30-31. Getting outclassed and KTFO by better fighters and blaming it on other factors is a lame excuse and cop out.
Since when is a fighters prime automatically 30 years of age, by this stage in his career Nog had taken some horrible career shortning beatings.

It is like people cant grasp that the sport has evolved. Love big Nog but remember the damage that Bob Sapp did to him.... Francis is more dangerous than Sapp

Chuck’s best UFC run began at age 34. Like I said Nog came over when he was still in his prime at age 30-31. Getting outclassed and KTFO by better fighters and blaming it on other factors is a lame excuse and cop out.

Chuck didn't start MMA until he was 28 though, Nog started when he was 22. Both mens careers actually followed a very similar pattern in terms of how long they lasted at the top, Chuck started slightly earlier and dropped off slightly earlier, he was already on the decline by the second Tito fight IMHO which wasn't anything like as dominant as the first.

Lets not forget as well that a ton of "well preserved" fighters who've lasted well into their late 30's have either been caught or have legally been on PEDs, Randy, Hendo, Anderson, Vitor, etc.

Fucking right man, Nog would have deliberately eaten a massive uppercut just to entice him to the ground and taken his arm, I'd go first 2 or 3 minutes as well

You think choke or arm?

Couldn’t take a punch from Mir and got his arm taken literally by Mir. The same Mir that couldn’t implement his gameplan and took the worst beating of his life against Carwin who’s probably the closest to Ngannou in terms of punching/power and style.

Stipe was damn lucky to survive round 1 and now everyone can beat and submit Frances like he ain’t shit. Okay...

Chuck didn't start MMA until he was 28 though, Nog started when he was 22. Both mens careers actually followed a very similar pattern in terms of how long they lasted at the top, Chuck started slightly earlier and dropped off slightly earlier, he was already on the decline by the second Tito fight IMHO which wasn't anything like as dominant as the first.

Lets not forget as well that a ton of "well preserved" fighters who've lasted well into their late 30's have either been caught or have legally been on PEDs, Randy, Hendo, Anderson, Vitor, etc.

True.

It is like people cant grasp that the sport has evolved. Love big Nog but remember the damage that Bob Sapp did to him.... Francis is more dangerous than Sapp

The Sapp who KOed the best HW kickboxer ever twice around the same time? Sapp looked FAR better than Ngannou grappling wise as well and indeed had better cardio.

Couldn’t take a punch from Mir and got his arm taken literally by Mir. The same Mir that couldn’t implement his gameplan and took the worst beating of his life against Carwin who’s probably the closest to Ngannou in terms of punching/power and style.

Stipe was damn lucky to survive round 1 and now everyone can beat and submit Frances like he ain’t shit. Okay...
Prime Nog man, not the same guy Mir fought.

Shoulda practiced more head movement.

Most of the punishment he took wasn't punches taken standing, it was GnP from Fedor and Sapp and indeed bodykicks from Crocop. Plus of course he'd fought 35 times with a lot of them v big names, even without taking a beating that's going to test the body.

When he had eye sugery(post Werdum 1 I believe) I think you see a clear pattern start to appear, he takes way more strikes and a lot of them doesn't seem to see coming, Mir was nailing him with the same simple combo again and again.

Last edited:
What ages did Nog’s prime begin and end?
I'd say his best years were early to mid 2000's. The guy who showed up against Heath Herring in the UFC was already showing signs of slowing down and dwindling. The guy Mir KO'd was a shadow of the 2002-2004 big Nog. That was his prime in my opinion, dude could beat everyone not called Fedor

Not to take anything away from Mir, I'm not sure he ever really had a true prime, that was taken away from him. The Mir that came back against Pe da Pano was not the same guy that took Sylvia's arm

Again, my opinion, not stating fact

Then he gets KTFO by punches from Frank Mir out of all guys. I think that was Mir’s first ever finish from punches.

7099ms.gif

Big Nog is one of the most overrated HW’s of all time. Ngannou would’ve given him the worst KO of his life with 1 shot.
Personally, I would count the Sims KO. Albeit the knees made him buckle first, but the punches finished him off.

mir-ko-sims.gif

I think its obvious from the way he lost that he was never as good as a lot of the hype, still legit of course but there were some very obvious weaknesses exposed.
Agreed I was just taking the mick, you know how sherdog turns on fighters once they lose!

Nobody could lift HW like Sap, so no, Nog could easily hand boxing with Francis and tire him out. Sport has not evolved as people think in the past 10 years.

Nog was very agile in Pride, his hands were faster and his chin was granite.

Unfortunately I think Nog would end up unconscious. His boxing improved over the years but at the same time he was growing old and his reflexes were gone once his technique was actually decent.

Getting him down would he difficult, but prime Nog always found a way to get it done. I think he would have pulled guard, swept him, and tapped him.

Nog takes an ass whooping until francis gases which is probably half a round and he closes the show wirh a sub end of round one.

Unfortunately I think Nog would end up unconscious. His boxing improved over the years but at the same time he was growing old and his reflexes were gone once his technique was actually decent.

how many times have you seen prime Nog unconscious?

Pile drive by Bob Sap?
Left kick to the had from Crop Cop?

Get the fuck out of here

Francis KOs Reem and people think he is Mike Tyson

It would be hard for him to submit Ngannou while he was asleep with a level 3 concussion, Big Nog would not get him to the floor as easy as Stipe because Stipe is a wrestler not Big Nog

you do not need to be wrestler. Fedor or Ubereem could get Ngannou to the ground (yes a prime Ubereem or smarter fighting overeem could) i am sure.

Issue is Big Nog had shittiest takedowns in world and was not physically strong

how many times have you seen prime Nog unconscious?

Pile drive by Bob Sap?
Left kick to the had from Crop Cop?

Get the fuck out of here

Francis KOs Reem and people think he is Mike Tyson

Francis would KO mike tyson with 4oz gloves and with clinch. Mike is a 1 dimesional boxer bum. Floyd is way better than tyson ever was.

Back