Which MILITARY UNIFORM is the best in history, in your opinion?

Always been partial to the east German mushroom head costume.
In German, we have a special police force that deals with electric crimes their Uniforms look pretty cool.
0Q0Jlj5.png

After the war, the soviets forced all the east german soldiers to dress up as mushrooms. I can't help but think it was an act of revenge.

bad-salzungen-east-germany-9th-feb-1990-soldiers-from-the-east-german-E7K6YP.jpg

I will admit it is difficult to find a lot of info on it but there are references to Jewish units fighting in north africa and greece made up of German and Austrian jews.

It still doesnt change that fact that Rommel and his army were nothing out of the ordinary regarding the treatment of civilians in occupied territory.

Then you admit you have no proof that Rommel was responsible for the deaths of 500 Jewish POW's? Fair enough. Better to Tap than Snap or Nap, bro;)

WWhen i was in the Army i was a member of the United States Army Drill Team. We challenged the Marine corps silent drill platoon to a competition and they didn't show up. I like their uniforms but i think Army Dress Blues are a little better

Here is a drill we did waaaaay back in the day in Scotland

Good stuff man. Very impressive. I find those drills to be pretty spectacular, and definitely enjoy watching them. Must take a hell of a lot of practice.

Crowd loved the bayonet thrusts around 2:20 and 4:40. And the bird's eye view at around 4:20 was just awesome.

Then you admit you have no proof that Rommel was responsible for the deaths of 500 Jewish POW's? Fair enough. Better to Tap than Snap or Nap, bro;)

I gave you a link to the book and there are others but you just said fake news.

So even if it' not true what about all the other stuff his army was involved in?. Is it just brushed aside because he treated allied prisoners according to law. There were other German generals that did that and at the same time participated in crimes against people in the east but they are not held in such high regard.

Last edited:
I gave you a link to the book and there are others but you just said fake news.

So even if it' not true what about all the other stuff his army was involved in?. Is it just brushed aside because he treated allied prisoners according to law. There were other German generals that did that and at the same time participated in crimes against people in the east but they are not held in such high regard.

No, you mentioned the title of a book. In any case, a single book does not make a definitive counter-argument. It may provide weight to your arguments, depending on the quality of the research that backs it up. Or it may simply be a subjective opinion by someone with an axe to grind.

And frankly, the fact that you used the wrong unit title - there was only one official Jewish Brigade in WWII, and that only came into being after the war in North Africa was over - doesn't help your position.

No, you mentioned the title of a book. In any case, a single book does not make a definitive counter-argument. It may provide weight to your arguments, depending on the quality of the research that backs it up. Or it may simply be a subjective opinion by someone with an axe to grind.

And frankly, the fact that you used the wrong unit title - there was only one official Jewish Brigade in WWII, and that only came into being after the war in North Africa was over - doesn't help your position.

Fine but there are still many examples that Rommel is not the "good German" that he is made out to be.

Fine but there are still many examples that Rommel is not the "good German" that he is made out to be.

I don't think I've ever used the term, "good German" when referring to Rommel. He was not, however, a war criminal, at least not on the face of the evidence I have seen. And yes, there were German officers who were better than Rommel. The fact remains he was a very good soldier. Even Patton respected him, and given the size of Old Blood and Gut's ego, that is quite an achievement:)

I don't think I've ever used the term, "good German" when referring to Rommel. He was not, however, a war criminal, at least not on the face of the evidence I have seen. And yes, there were German officers who were better than Rommel. The fact remains he was a very good soldier. Even Patton respected him, and given the size of Old Blood and Gut's ego, that is quite an achievement:)

He was a good soldier his command at the Italian front was awesome and he achieved remarkable success, but as a General he was probably one of the most overrated of WW2. And yes he wasn't charged with any war crimes but they happened under his command there is no denying that.

He was a good soldier his command at the Italian front was awesome and he achieved remarkable success, but as a General he was probably one of the most overrated of WW2. And yes he wasn't charged with any war crimes but they happened under his command there is no denying that.

Rommel of course died before the Nuremberg Trials. Even had he lived long enough to stand trial, it's doubtful he would have been charged with war crimes. There is not single piece of hard evidence to suggest Rommel was directly responsible for the deaths of civilians or POW's. Feel free to prove me wrong, but it will require evidence, not simply stating your belief that he was guilty.

WWhen i was in the Army i was a member of the United States Army Drill Team. We challenged the Marine corps silent drill platoon to a competition and they didn't show up. I like their uniforms but i think Army Dress Blues are a little better

Here is a drill we did waaaaay back in the day in Scotland

SDT > Your DT

Rommel of course died before the Nuremberg Trials. Even had he lived long enough to stand trial, it's doubtful he would have been charged with war crimes. There is not single piece of hard evidence to suggest Rommel was directly responsible for the deaths of civilians or POW's. Feel free to prove me wrong, but it will require evidence, not simply stating your belief that he was guilty.

What happened to the Jewish population in Tunisia is not my belief it happened

Back