Which MILITARY UNIFORM is the best in history, in your opinion?

Rommel's army was occupying the city and supporting the einsatzgruppe attached to it . And Rommel knew what would happen to the Palestinian Jews if they actually won the war in North Africa.

Rommel's army may have occupied the city, but the city itself was under the command of the Vichie French and the SS. Rommel was rather busy at the time trying to stop Montgomary and Patton from pushing his shit in.

You're reaching with your second point: that same accusation could be levelled at all senior Wehrmacht officers.

They're the guys your SWAT comes to see when they need civil warfare training.

I don't know if it was BOPE or another Brazilian police unit, but there's an infamous video of a car filled with drug dealers being chased and shot off the road by a helicopter armed with a heavy machinegun!:eek:

How do you say, "GET SOME!" in Portuguese?<45>

Last edited:
Marines have the best service dress uniform imo. I’m Air Force and we look like milkmen in our service dress uniform.

Stupid Air Force leadership doesn't know what it's doing when it comes to the uniforms. They keep making dumb changes, saying "Our airmen say they have no Air Force heritage." Well WTF do you expect when you keep changing everything?

I'm gonna get massive shit for this, but I think the Nazi uniform looked kinda cool. something about it looked pretty professional

inb4 ban

? I dont see why saying that their uniforms looked pretty bad ass is something controversial or ban worthy... its not an endorsement of their ideology whatsoever.

I thought there was a fairly well known quote about this that went something like -

"If WW2 was a fashion show, we would all be speaking German."

? I dont see why saying that their uniforms looked pretty bad ass is something controversial or ban worthy... its not an endorsement of their ideology whatsoever.

I thought there was a fairly well known quote about this that went something like -

"If WW2 was a fashion show, we would all be speaking German."
There's always posters who get pissed over these things. @Cint posts confederate bikinis and there's "that guy".

I havebt heard that quote before, thats pretty crafty.

Rommel's army may have occupied the city, but the city itself was under the command of the Vichie French and the SS. Rommel was rather busy at the time trying to stop Montgomary and Patton from pushing his shit in.

You're reaching with your second point: that same accusation could be levelled at all senior Wehrmacht officers.

So he knew what was happening and what the consequences were for civilians that were under the occupation of his army.

I don't know if it was BOPE or another Brazilian police unit, but there's an infamous video of a car filled with drug dealers being chased and shot off the road by a helicopter armed with a heavy machinegun!:eek:

I wonder how one says, "GET SOME!" in Portuguese...<45>

yeah, BOPE doesnt fuck around with drug dealers, they just waste them, as they should

So he knew what was happening and what the consequences were for civilians that were under the occupation of his army.

1)You have no proof that Rommel had any direct knowledge of what was happening in Tunisia, nor that he would have been able to stop it even if he did know; the SS had their own chain of command, and frequently clashed with the more traditional Werhmacht. After an SS unit massacred British POW's at Dunkirk, one Werhmacht officer was so enraged he demanded the SS officer face him in a duel to the death, as he believed the murder to have dishonoured Germany. The duel never took place, of course, as it was forbidden by senior officers.

2)Every senior officer in the Wehrmacht knew that the future for Jews etc would be, to put it mildly, bleak if Germany won the war. Not every senior officer was charged with war crimes.

1)You have no proof that Rommel had any direct knowledge of what was happening in Tunisia, nor that he would have been able to stop it even if he did know; the SS had their own chain of command, and frequently clashed with the more traditional Werhmacht. After an SS unit massacred British POW's at Dunkirk, one Werhmacht officer was so enraged he demanded the SS officer face him in a duel to the death, as he believed the murder to have dishonoured Germany. The duel never took place, of course, as it was forbidden by senior officers.

2)Every senior officer in the Wehrmacht knew that the future for Jews etc would be, to put it mildly, bleak if Germany won the war. Not every senior officer was charged with war crimes.

The wehrmacht did more than their fair share of helping the genocide they didn't really care all that much.

And yeah Rommel treated POWs western allies according to law and was against execution but so what a lot of German officers were. That didn't stop a ot of them from supporting and even participating in what was happening in the east and other places.

The wehrmacht did more than their fair share of helping the genocide they didn't really care all that much.

And yeah Rommel treated POWs western allies according to law and was against execution but so what a lot of German officers were. That didn't stop a ot of them from supporting and even participating in what was happening in the east and other places.

True, and you are also correct in that the remnants of the Wehrmacht got a free pass after WWII, because America needed them to build a West German army on. The SS were beyond the pale, but also took the blame for the Wehrmacht's crimes as well as their own.

Still doesn't make Rommel a war criminal. You haven't provided a single piece of hard evidence, just your and others opinion. Hearsay is not evidence.

True, and you are also correct in that the remnants of the Wehrmacht got a free pass after WWII, because America needed them to build a West German army on. The SS were beyond the pale, but also took the blame for the Wehrmacht's crimes as well as their own.

Still doesn't make Rommel a war criminal. You haven't provided a single piece of hard evidence, just your and others opinion. Hearsay is not evidence.

Did Rommel give any direct orders to intern or execute civilians no, did his army support or participate in those actions yes they did. The Nazis never sent any SS units to north africa just some officers and a small group of Einsatzgruppe so someone had to do all the work.

Stupid Air Force leadership doesn't know what it's doing when it comes to the uniforms. They keep making dumb changes, saying "Our airmen say they have no Air Force heritage." Well WTF do you expect when you keep changing everything?
Agreed! What are your thoughts on the OCP uniform?

Did Rommel give any direct orders to intern or execute civilians no, did his army support or participate in those actions yes they did. The Nazis never sent any SS units to north africa just some officers and a small group of Einsatzgruppe so someone had to do all the work.

The Jews in Tunisia were murdered by SS Standartenfuhrer Walter Ruff, who led his own Einsatzgruppen unit. There are no records of the Afrika Korp being directly involved in the killings. Bear in mind that Tunisia was part of Vichey France at that time, and they had their own police etc who would have assisted the SS. Just as they did in France itself.

I'm gonna get massive shit for this, but I think the Nazi uniform looked kinda cool. something about it looked pretty professional

inb4 ban

Unfortunately, this is the correct answer

also, Ban

im gonna take it real oldschool right now

napoleonic imperial guard, Napoleon is my goat historic figure

279b275c8b2c0f0e4fe818dfc5625a07.jpg

side note its sad turn of affairs watching how the Empire of the French turned into cuck land, so sad

napoleon was as o.g. as they came.

My number 1 historic figure, number 2 greatest military commander in history in my opinion, Erwin Rommel is always first

i put napoleon at #1, personally. but to each their own.

Agreed! What are your thoughts on the OCP uniform?
As a security forces airmen, I had a love hate relationship with the switch to the ABU. I loved that I no longer had to put aside time to highly polish my boots and highly press my uniforms and get the creases just right. On the other hand, that was something I took pride in, looking better than the eave rage airmen, and the ABU took that away. I also thought it was ridiculous how much each branch of the service was spending on having individual field uniforms at the time. Such a waste.

The Jews in Tunisia were murdered by SS Standartenfuhrer Walter Ruff, who led his own Einsatzgruppen unit. There are no records of the Afrika Korp being directly involved in the killings. Bear in mind that Tunisia was part of Vichey France at that time, and they had their own police etc who would have assisted the SS. Just as they did in France itself.

Thats true, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle and finding records of what happened in north africa is hard compared to the other fronts.

I just find guys like Rommel hypocritical when they are applauded just for fowling the rules but still turning a blind eye to all the other things that were going on. The guy was not afraid to speak his mind and was very vocal about the SS killing POWs in the west but never said anything about the use of slave labor or anything and probably supported it to some extent because he did believe in liebestraum as you said earlier.

But good debate its rare around these parts.

Back