Fantasy Genre, especially Lord of the Rings is racist according to this article

He‘s obviously right. And yet, how should one write a decent fantasy novel without racism?

I mean, the differences and struggles between races are what these novels are about, eh?

whitewalkers.jpg

That is clearly a White Nationalist.

Well in the second post of this thread he was referred to as being black.

This is why I don't like fantasy.

Serious question: is it actually black people who complain about all this shit constantly or is it mostly white guilt people?
The culprit behind these shit feast publications is often a lame white homo or blue haired feminoid pig.

Weren't the orcs based on the Mongols? If so, who cares. They were the most destructive invaders ever seen on this planet percentage wise. If the shoe fits, wear it.

I remember a time when stupid opinions were ignored and not reposted.

It was a glorious age of actually ignoring things you found stupid, distasteful or annoying. Not posting them in bulk to have group rage sessions.

When was this? Pre T1 connectivity days?? Because ever since there was bandwidth and a message board, things like this were reposted

maybe he missed all the epic fantasy books written about africa, starring black heroes who sacrifice it all for their fellow man in a quest for the ages, oh wait

When was this? Pre T1 connectivity days?? Because ever since there was bandwidth and a message board, things like this were reposted

No originally the idea was to discuss things you were interested in. That's why this is an MMA forum. Because people who were interested in MMA came here to discuss it. Then a subforum called the mayberry was made to discuss interests in movies and TV and random thoughts.

Then a generation of kids desperate for a sense of superiority misinterpreted the idea as "a place to complain and make fun of things". 865,939 'u cucks r triggered's later, here we are.

hobbits are sneakier/stealthier tho

they're manlets by default

This dude wrote a book about how racist fantasy genre is, starting with LOTR, below are 2 parts of his stuff.
https://www.publicmedievalist.com/race-fantasy-genre/

Race: the Original Sin of the Fantasy Genre
"This is from the first page of Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. It is the first time he uses the word “race” in the book (though he did use it in The Hobbit as well). Considering Tolkien’s place as the godfather of the fantasy genre, it’s unsurprising that his conception of the “races” of Middle Earth have become more-or-less standard across the fantasy genre.

Hmmmm...I also thought Edgar Rice Burroughs was considered The Godfather of the fantasy genre with the John Carter Mars novels

Who comes up with this retarded shit?

I remember a while ago when the lotr first came out people tried to say it was racist because there were no black actors in the cast. Supporters brought up the fact that lotr is supposed to take place in europe, which would explain the lack of black people

Where in Europe is middle earth? I wanna visit!

lol this article is dumb trash

Please stop giving this attention.

If those f***ers make aragorn black in the tv show imma b so butthurt.

Oh fuck off, it’s fantasy literature you dick

After lookin at a picture of the author, about what I expected. Pasty, doughy little bitch. Sad part is... he’s actually a researcher/historian for the Smithsonian.
Hes a beta cuck who secretly wishes he was Aragorn. Guys like that are always little bitches and whining about something. That what they hate, reveals all about the things they hate about themselves. Sad thing is(or good thing depending on your point of view) is that there is SOME girl out there that will fuck him. Hes the reason prostitution should be legal.

Low to average IQ people shouldn't be allowed to write on teh interwebz

Back