California high school student body bans National Anthem from rallies

if u listen to the National Anthem and immediately think of racist thoughts.....

you're racist.

Good

The national anthem is cringey dog shit propaganda.

and now we know why the military is loosening/lowering recruiting standards

if you're triggered by a song, you have serious and deeply held mental and selfesteem issues

if you're triggered by a song, you have serious and deeply held mental and selfesteem issues

The veil of disinformation that helps the American military recruit was doomed to be pierced by the internet age and access to information on the insidious functions of US foreign policy. People will still enlist out of self-interest (acquiring career opportunities and social statuses otherwise unavailable to persons of their accomplishment), but the amount of persons who will enlist because they think the military is some force for good, truth, and freedom will continue to decline as we become a more informed populace.

Also, in terms of psychological issues, people "triggered by a song" > blind nationalists and people who derive personal virtue from enlistment towards nationalist causes. At least the former group seems to actually contemplate their position.

The veil of disinformation that helps the American military recruit was doomed to be pierced by the internet age and access to information on the insidious functions of US foreign policy. People will still enlist out of self-interest (acquiring career opportunities and social statuses otherwise unavailable to persons of their accomplishment), but the amount of persons who will enlist because they think the military is some force for good, truth, and freedom will continue to decline as we become a more informed populace.

Also, in terms of psychological issues, people "triggered by a song" > blind nationalists and people who derive personal virtue from enlistment towards nationalist causes. At least the former group seems to actually contemplate their position.
tell me more about those that enlist, clearly you're an expert and I have no clue on the matter

oh wait

lost at 'seems to actually contemplate their position'. Sure, people that enlist DURING ACTIVE WARS (first time in US history an all volunteer military fought one war, none the less two) clearly put no thought into the manner. Well played!

Kids in schools and universities are being taught to hate our society and our history. So many feel we have nothing to be proud of.

So you weren't an angsty angry little prick when you were a teenager ? ,Perhaps you're the exception that proves the rule .

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/arti...ool-students-ban-national-anthem-12611370.php

I looked up the name of the student body's president and apparently this kid belongs to a pretty political family, most likely Iranian immigrants. I wish immigrants would understand what this country is first before trying to change it to their taste.

Yeah, Iranian immigrants wouldn't recognize an actually oppressive regime if it was staring them in the face. Or if it overthrew their elected government and established a brutal theocracy.

Fuckin immigrants. Takin our jerbs...

Mexican anthem it is. We lost that state, which is sad in some ways, but the lesson is worth it.

If you're triggered by people not wanting to hear a song you have serious and deeply held mental and self-esteem issues.

If you're triggered by people not wanting to hear a song you have serious and deeply held mental and self-esteem issues.
who's triggered?

you can think someone is worthless and hilariously weakminded w/o yourself being upset or perturbed....

not sure if serious

who's triggered?

you can think someone is worthless and hilariously weakminded w/o yourself being upset or perturbed....

not sure if serious

You can think a song is worthless, irrelevant, and doesn't deserve to be played before an event without being upset or perturbed....

Not sure if you can see how your own logic applies to others or yourself.

You can think a song is worthless, irrelevant, and doesn't deserve to be played before an event without being upset or perturbed....

Not sure if you can see how your own logic applies to others or yourself.
no you can't

the simple act of protesting and demanding something is removed means you're upset and perturbed....

you tried tho

tell me more about those that enlist, clearly you're an expert and I have no clue on the matter

oh wait

lol do you not realize the irony in your response.

If there is another group of enlistees other than (1) those who enlist for pragmatic self-interested reasons (economic or social), and (2) those who believe they are serving some benevolent purpose, then what is it?

lost at 'seems to actually contemplate their position'. Sure, people that enlist DURING ACTIVE WARS (first time in US history an all volunteer military fought one war, none the less two) clearly put no thought into the manner. Well played!

Huh?

When did we limit the military and blind nationalists to "people that enlist DURING ACTIVE WARS"?

lol do you not realize the irony in your response.

If there is another group of enlistees other than (1) those who enlist for pragmatic self-interested reasons (economic or social), and (2) those who believe they are serving some benevolent purpose, then what is it?

Huh?

When did we limit the military and blind nationalists to "people that enlist DURING ACTIVE WARS"?
you're making the assumption and creating a strawman that people join the military out of blind nationalism, which is hilarious to me.

where are you getting this from? your own stereotypes?

I am literally a Transition Advisor for the military, i'm telling you flatout you're wrong. Believe what you want tho

clearly it matters during wartime if someone is drafted or voluntarily chooses to join..........

you're making the assumption and creating a strawman that people join the military out of blind nationalism, which is hilarious to me.

where are you getting this from? your own stereotypes?

I am literally a Transition Advisor for the military, i'm telling you flatout you're wrong. Believe what you want tho

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man is. I have laid out my logic and given you the opportunity to disagree. I'm still waiting for you to provide the alternative explanation.

Other than (1) persons who join for pragmatic self-interested reasons such as personal betterment, career opportunity, or social prestige and (2) persons who think they are serving some greater patriotic purpose, who joins the military? And do you disagree that members of that second group are woefully naive in not foreseeing that they will become an amoral weapon?

I know you're a member of the military. I also know that you don't usually flaunt or virtue-signal on the matter, so I presume you already are closer to my perspective than you'd like to say.

Back