California high school student body bans National Anthem from rallies

It's a cultural tradition in sports and we're not the only country to do it. The world isn't going to slide off it's axis or anything, but it's still a slap in the face to American culture. We are far from perfect as a nation, but we have it better than a lot of the rest of the world; so we should probably celebrate and not shame or nations song.

Yes. As a non American I like Americans to be proud.

Shit in the face of anyone who disrespects your nation.

I'm fine with this, government institutions shouldn't be leading children in nationalist, ritualistic prayer to the government.

what is up with california .. they're looking more and more like some non U.S. foreign territory banning everything 'american' .. favoring illegals over american citizens .. I bet you they wouldn't touch a school who sings the mexican anthem .. wtf is running that place

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man is. I have laid out my logic and given you the opportunity to disagree. I'm still waiting for you to provide the alternative explanation.

Other than (1) persons who join for pragmatic self-interested reasons such as personal betterment, career opportunity, or social prestige and (2) persons who think they are serving some greater patriotic purpose, who joins the military? And do you disagree that members of that second group are woefully naive in not foreseeing that they will become an amoral weapon?

I know you're a member of the military. I also know that you don't usually flaunt or virtue-signal on the matter, so I presume you already are closer to my perspective than you'd like to say.
This is really, really reductionist. There are all sorts of people who join the military for lots of reasons. Yes, there are the flag-waving patriotic dudes. Yes, there are the ones joining up for a job, college money, benefits for their families, a quicker pathway to citizenship, etc. There are also a ton of people who join the military because they were athletes in high school and college, love the outdoors or working outside of a desk job, have thrill-seeking personalities, wanted a "cool job" or to see the fulfillment of a lifelong dream to be something like an Army Ranger or Navy SEAL, or for whom the military offers unique opportunities that are not present in the civilian world. For others, it is a cultural thing, as they are individuals who grew up with military parents or were in some way predisposed to adjusting extremely well in the military. For some, it's all about impact: They want to shape things on the ground, have access to all the classified information, solve problems that are really at the geopolitical level in a way that you just can't from an office building, etc. The military offers a lot of different things to a lot of different people, and so much of it isn't about material gain (we don't get paid enough for that to be a reason to most outside of economically destitute) or about our public personas. It's like anything else: It's about passion, doing the things you like to do, and self-actualization.

And you also have to keep in mind that not everyone shares your world view. Most of us in uniform do not view ourselves as an instrument of immorality/amorality. I say this because your personally held view is causing you to view members of the military in specific and distinct lights, which is really just another way for saying that you are approaching the subject with inherent bias. As an example of how someone might share a fundamentally different view, I believe that going into Afghanistan was the right call to make. I don't think nation-building was the prudent thing to do, but even still, I can tell you after several tours there that we have made that place a lot better than we found it. Their infrastructure has improved, women are getting many more rights than they would have had they continued living under the Taliban warlords, and there is more economic opportunity than there was before we got there. Look no further than the poppy fields. The Taliban did not approve of the growth of poppies because their religion suppressed drugs, but people grew it anyways because it was the cash crop. Now, they're not growing as much of it because there are more legitimate means to make similar or higher incomes. It's been an extremely painful process for all involved (and there were ebbs and flows along the way), but Afghanistan is getting better for the people of Afghanistan. With all that said, I view the military as an institution that can be used for meaningful good, not as just a bunch of "blind nationalists" or persons ignorant to US foreign policy and its effects.

It's about time immigrants started changing America. The sooner they take the reins, the better. I have never been so excited about the future.

America is for the world. Sorry alt Reich, you lose! Lol at thinking the Left are the real Nazis.

Our corporations are supra national why not our people? National anthems are a language of supremacism and brain washing. Never liked it myself.

and now we know why the military is loosening/lowering recruiting standards

if you're triggered by a song, you have serious and deeply held mental and selfesteem issues

You think those people are lining up to join the military?

You think those people are lining up to join the military?
you'd be surprised by some that join

granted that's what 'failure to adapt' separations are also for. But a large number of people are weeded out before hitting their first units for this very reason. I see it every day

Anyone who snaps their fingers to signal applause..................................................................................

triple-h-angry.gif

I'm fine with this, government institutions shouldn't be leading children in nationalist, ritualistic prayer to the government.
The only thing dumber than blind nationalism is blind anti-nationalism.

What does a HS need to have rallies to begin with? What are they rallying for? You go there sit in class, listen, stare at hawt teacher's ass, take test, go home. Rinse and Repeat.

for once I agree with a looney leftie, nothing more cringey than playing the national athem at every dumbass meeting or gathering.....well, except having that stupid flag flying from every other building...#overkill

Lead , follow, or get out of the way.

Blah blah blah, you would like a girl

What does a HS need to have rallies to begin with? What are they rallying for? You go there sit in class, listen, stare at hawt teacher's ass, take test, go home. Rinse and Repeat.

Rally for a sick student
Rally for a sports team
Rally for donations to raise money
Rally for school spirit

What country do You reside?

Kids in schools and universities are being taught to hate our society and our history. So many feel we have nothing to be proud of.

They are not just taught it these are foreigner or first born so called citizens or anchor babies that want to change America .

what is up with california .. they're looking more and more like some non U.S. foreign territory banning everything 'american' .. favoring illegals over american citizens .. I bet you they wouldn't touch a school who sings the mexican anthem .. wtf is running that place

Yeah it's repugnant.

You are tired of the national anthem, too many flags. What the f is wrong with you and the people that like your comment

A country that is more patriotic and loyal to their president does better.

If you have people in you civilization that does not want those things you are losing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back