Chicago or New York pizza?

If you need a snack at the mall, NY pizza is where it's at.

If you want to sit down for a meal, Chicago Deep Dish pizza is the way to go.

Yeah, same here, basically. I used to go to Uno's a lot, but I would rarely get pizza. I'd just drink, or I'd get sliders, or pasta, or whatever. I'd also get thin crust there.

True, true. When I went to Chicago, I had some good thin crust, but not deep dish.

Christ man. Uno's is not pizza like you don't go to Taco Bell for actual tacos.

I like both. Quality Chicago deep dish is amazing for everyone who says it's clearly New York.

Christ man. Uno's is not pizza like you don't go to Taco Bell for actual tacos.

I like both. Quality Chicago deep dish is amazing for everyone who says it's clearly New York.
Well, I was kinda saying that. I mainly went there to drink/hang out. Every now and then I'd get pizza, but the vast majority of the time I would not. Look I know it's not the best deep dish, but it ain't like Taco Bell vs real tacos either, let's be honest.

People always associate deep dish with Chicago (rightfully, since that's it's home).
However, Chicagoans eat deep dish very rarely.

The order is pretty clearly:

Chicago thin
NY thin
Chicago deep dish
oretty clearly how? Chicago thin is basically Tombstone.

Well, I was kinda saying that. I mainly went there to drink/hang out. Every now and then I'd get pizza, but the vast majority of the time I would not. Look I know it's not the best deep dish, but it ain't like Taco Bell vs real tacos either, let's be honest.

Got it. It's all good.

I will say, I had Uno's a couple of times when I was little and thought it was ok. I also thought that was Chicago pizza until I actually had it at an authentic place. It was a night and day difference.

Last edited:
I like both. I don't want to live in a world where we don't have both to choose from.

It's like an extra crust of New York in each slice.
rPNCqww.jpg

best pizza i had in the us was in a small city in Connecticut that i was passing through, small, family business. i went "oh my god" as i ate it, it was that good.

best pizza i had in the us was in a small city in Connecticut that i was passing through, small, family business. i went "oh my god" as i ate it, it was that good.

The northeast, in general, has really good pizza places.

the best pizza i ever had was in rome, in this small hole-in-the-wall place. i asked the owner of the hostel i was staying at where i should get pizza, and the guy recommended me that place. over there, they make pizzas in huge pans, and the person behind the counter has a knife, and you tell the person how big of a slice you want. unfuckingbelievable. the pizza there is interesting, because the toppings and the crust mesh together, so it's like one uniform thing. it's not like a lot of pizza here in the u.s. where you could literally pick up the cheese and toppings and remove it from the crust. and the ingredients were super fresh and just amazing.

Got it. It's all good.

I will say, I had Uno's a couple of times when I was little and thought it was ok. I also thought that was Chicago pizza until I actually had it at an authentic place. It was a night and day difference.
Yeah, I feel you. I get what you mean, although technically they invented it, so hard to say they're not authentic, but they've fallen off, you might say. But anyway, back when I was living in Boston, it was basically like a neighborhood bar. I used to work late and a lot of places would already be closed, but they were still open, so I went there a lot. It seems like they've closed a lot of their Boston/MA locations, like the one I used to go to mostly is closed now, but Boston/MA is still their biggest market and where they're headquartered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back