Chicago or New York pizza?

Yeah, I feel you. I get what you mean, although technically they invented it, so hard to say they're not authentic, but they've fallen off, you might say. But anyway, back when I was living in Boston, it was basically like a neighborhood bar. I used to work late and a lot of places would already be closed, but they were still open, so I went there a lot. It seems like they've closed a lot of their Boston/MA locations, like the one I used to go to mostly is closed now, but Boston/MA is still their biggest market and where they're headquartered.

Yeah, I grew up in New England.

new york pizza, definitely. nothing i love more than grabbing a slice at a pizza joint when i'm in new york walking around piss drunk at 3am and those mother fuckers aren't just open, they are packed.

but i do love a good deep dish pizza. i had a chicken bbq jalapeno one in chicago one time, holy fuck it blew my mind.

now that i think of it i don't like this game, like trying to make me choose between my dick or my balls. i kinda need both.

I don't know which one I love more!?

Chicago deep dish is the best hands down. NY pizza is better in the sense that it's more like pizza than a sit down meal. You can grab a few $1 slices and keep on moving with NY pizza while you need time to sit down with Chicago pizza. It's really hard to compare them because they aren't anything alike. Chicago is a sit down feast while NY is on the go slices.

New York easily, but Chi styles really growing on me. Both are extremely good.

c_1Iby45W5gIYxQt63-2kNPAJKrL5dKTqxLny_PcRpsVEaoiJggsXTrV7DS4lnFvXVLXJvPzhb1voNtgndVunhX41E_VxQCd61rShlNSvz8ZQCmY3k8Qn1W5a5o=w332-h443-nc

images
<[analyzed}>

NY by far. Next is Connecticut, Frank Pepe’s in New Haven and many others. Then Chi town deep. I would take a NY Sicilian over deep dish too. My favorite in NY is New Park Pizza in Howard Beach. Just good old fashion pizza.

The sausage deep dish I had in Chicago may have been the best 'pizza' I've ever had. That being said, it's a completely different thing that NY style and don't think they should be compared.

Then get Pennsylvania pizza. Meet somewhere in the middle.

Deep dish is tourist pizza, for the most part. Chicago thin pizza, cut into squares, is what most of us actually eat.

Back