The True GOAT

Excuses. GSP came back after being retired for 4 years post 2 ACL injuries and beat the MW champion at an older age than what Fedor was when he lost to Werdum
You didn't even make an "excuse", you just avoided the point altogether. You are trying to get me to "dog" St. Pierre and I'm a fan of his but he is not THE GOAT. He is the GOAT of the WW division, by far, but he is not even better than BJ Penn as an overall great. Like I said, he lost in his prime (tapped twice at that) and cut weight to duck, at least, the 185lb division. Penn didn't do that and Fedor never did that. Do you not think he could have fought at 205 or even heavyweight? 5'10 and 205ish with no body fat, whatsoever, vs Penn at 5'8" and 165ish with a bit of fat or even Fedor at 5'11 and 225ish with quite a bit of fat.

You didn't even make an "excuse", you just avoided the point altogether. You are trying to get me to "dog" St. Pierre and I'm a fan of his but he is not THE GOAT. He is the GOAT of the WW division, by far, but he is not even better than BJ Penn as an overall great. Like I said, he lost in his prime (tapped twice at that) and cut weight to duck, at least, the 185lb division. Penn didn't do that and Fedor never did that. Do you not think he could have fought at 205 or even heavyweight? 5'10 and 205ish with no body fat, whatsoever, vs Penn at 5'8" and 165ish with a bit of fat or even Fedor at 5'11 and 225ish with quite a bit of fat.

GSP has beaten better competition, has more title defences, less losses.

Lol at GSP being in his prime when he lost to Hughes, the WW GOAT at the time in his 8th pro fight while being a purple belt in BJJ.

I see you are one of those delusional Fedor fans who think he’s a natural MW that fought outsized everytime. Again Fedor got KO’d by OAP MW in Hendo.

The fact you said GSP is not better than BJ Penn just shows what kind of mentality you have. Appreciate mediocrity because even though they lost they fought “outsized”

GSP has beaten better competition, has more title defences, less losses.

Lol at GSP being in his prime when he lost to Hughes, the WW GOAT at the time in his 8th pro fight while being a purple belt in BJJ.

I see you are one of those delusional Fedor fans who think he’s a natural MW that fought outsized everytime. Again Fedor got KO’d by OAP MW in Hendo.

The fact you said GSP is not better than BJ Penn just shows what kind of mentality you have. Appreciate mediocrity because even though they lost they fought “outsized”
You don't understand the Art in MMA, kid. How is it that it's "ok" that GSP lost in his first 10 years, greased to fight a smaller guy and cut weight to duck opponents but it is not "ok" for Fedor to go 10 years undefeated in his prime and then lose a few as he got older and slower?

20170602042643_IMG_8916.JPG

<FookIsThatGuy>

You don't understand the Art in MMA, kid. How is it that it's "ok" that GSP lost in his first 10 years, greased to fight a smaller guy and cut weight to duck opponents but it is not "ok" for Fedor to go 10 years undefeated in his prime and then lose a few as he got older and slower?

Dude you are creating arguments in your head. Who said anything about what is ok and not? You originally stated GSP greased and I merely mentioned that Fedor grabbed the ropes to stop getting taken down. Then you decide to bring up losses lol

that's not Jon Jones.....

Not that I'm sure it's Jon...that has it's own arguments. But I really do feel like the GOAT is going to be a LHW or a HW. How else could you be the "Baddest Man On The Planet". As in more often than not you will beat any fighter out there. Not just people in an artificial weight class.

Dude you are creating arguments in your head. Who said anything about what is ok and not? You originally stated GSP greased and I merely mentioned that Fedor grabbed the ropes to stop getting taken down. Then you decide to bring up losses lol
"GSP has beaten better competition, has more title defences, less losses."

It's ok. Nothing to see here. It's all a matter of opinion, anyway.

Lol, what?

Do you even know what GOAT is?

Almost agree with you but 1a is Fedor... he never cut weight to duck bigger opponents and he never greased to fight smaller ones.

It's a really tough call for me, I tend to give a slight edge to GSP based on sustained caliber of opponents, but I can't argue with your points for having Fedor at 1a.

"GSP has beaten better competition, has more title defences, less losses."

It's ok. Nothing to see here. It's all a matter of opinion, anyway.

That was in response to you claiming he wasn’t the GOAT. In what way does that mean anything about what’s OK and what isn’t?

I agree it’s all down to opinion and I certainly won’t begrudge anyone who feels Fedor is. Saying BJ Penn is greater is absolute nonsense though

That was in response to you claiming he wasn’t the GOAT. In what way does that mean anything about what’s OK and what isn’t?

I agree it’s all down to opinion and I certainly won’t begrudge anyone who feels Fedor is. Saying BJ Penn is greater is absolute nonsense though
Penn gets in because he accomplished the two titles early and dominantly and fought whoever they put in front of him, same weight class or not. He was a true warrior and a pioneer. I thought he won the first fight, easily, and their second fight, well we know the lengths that the Jackson team went through to ensure a victory. I have Fedor at 1, Penn at 2 and GSP at 3.

Back