I don’t understand people who regret voting for trump

What exactly is or isn’t happening that you thought thought would or wouldn’t?

He is exactly who he campaigned to be.

This isn’t a pro or anti trump thread, just don’t understand what he’s done that turned supporters away.

He promised to keep US troops out of Syria and expressed skepticism towards NATO and then he gave Nikki Haley an important foreign policy role and pushed Bannon (an anti-interventionist) away.

Now America is fighting against Russia/Iran to turn Syria into another devastated Middle Eastern country.

I really don't give much of a fuck about immigration, gun-control, etc. issues in the US even though I have an opinion about them.

As a Russian-American I just want the US to stop antagonizing Russia, Iran, and China.

I still don't regret supporting him over Killary but my ideal president would have been Jill Stein for her ultra-pacifist views.

Last edited:

Do you think Hillary would have gutted Dodd-Frank or permanently cut corporate tax rates? I'm not overly partisan, and we never got to see if she followed through, but Hillary's tax plan was pretty hard on the rich. I think after talking so much populist rhetoric there should be some fallout for stuffing your cabinet with Goldman-Sachs guys.

Seems dedicated to me. Believe it or not there is enough time in the day to work and tweet a few tweets...
http://trumpgolfcount.com/

93 days in a little more than a year in office just golfing.

http://obamagolfcounter.com/

306 days in 8 years.

Assuming Trump is elected for 8 years at 90/year he's on pace to more than double Obama's golf output. That doesn't count days just spent at Trump properties. I'm not saying a POTUS shouldn't take breaks they absolutely should. But for a guy whose day allegedly starts at 11AM and doesn't even bother to read important briefings combined with his vacations and golf outings, this doesn't sound very dedicated

Do you think Hillary would have gutted Dodd-Frank or permanently cut corporate tax rates? I'm not overly partisan, and we never got to see if she followed through, but Hillary's tax plan was pretty hard on the rich. I think after talking so much populist rhetoric there should be some fallout for stuffing your cabinet with Goldman-Sachs guys.

Lol ya Hillary is a champion of the poor and downtrodden hahahaba

The EPA fucked off as a result. He fulfilled that promise for me

That's because you don't understand the importance of environmental concerns, know the state of the environment pre-EPA, or realize environmental concerns affect everyday poor and middle class people.

I'm getting a bigger tax return this year and I'm not rich... another fulfilment

Yes, you'll pay less for four years and then pay more for 16 years. Great tradeoff.

I'm not bothering with the rest of your post.

Lol ya Hillary is a champion of the poor and downtrodden hahahaba

Compared to Trump? Yeah, she was. Her policies were exponentially better for the middle class and poor.

You can laugh all you want in your pseudo-retarded bliss.

I don't think about it that much. I voted for Trump to lower my federal income tax and to do something if anything, about my fellow american citizen's jobs being shipped overseas or undercut by illegal migrants. If he does it, great. If not, at least I voted for those intentions.

You have to vote at a minimum every 4 years. Why the fuck should I get so invested over a single vote? My life is just fine, regardless of who is the president and I am just glad I can participate in the process, even if I live in democrat county that is going to swing blue 90% of the time.

I don't remember this. Source?

But @Jack V Savage assured me the debt isn't problematic

"The truth is,the people I care most about are the middle-income people in this country who have gotten screwed. And if there’s upward revision it’s going to be on high-income people.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...an-to-tax-the-rich-but-democrats-wont-let-him

And Jack is intelligent, but don't misunderstand that for being smart. Only a fool (and the govt) thinks you can max out a credit card without any fear of consequences.

http://trumpgolfcount.com/

93 days in a little more than a year in office just golfing.

http://obamagolfcounter.com/

306 days in 8 years.

Assuming Trump is elected for 8 years at 90/year he's on pace to more than double Obama's golf output. That doesn't count days just spent at Trump properties. I'm not saying a POTUS shouldn't take breaks they absolutely should. But for a guy whose day allegedly starts at 11AM and doesn't even bother to read important briefings combined with his vacations and golf outings, this doesn't sound very dedicated

You actually believe that he doesn't read important briefings? I don't really care about how much he golfs. He's obviously doing stuff because I'm always hearing the liberals freak out.

How mich did you care about vacations before Trump took office?

That's because you don't understand the importance of environmental concerns, know the state of the environment pre-EPA, or realize environmental concerns affect everyday poor and middle class people.

Or I realize they were a fucking scam and a form of government extortion over small businesses.

Are you familiar with the CARB smog system in CA? Do you realize they can see your vehicle passes smog and still fail you because the manufacturer of your intake didn't pay the state for their CARB sticker. Oh it's all about smog right? Remember when our eyes burned right? The EPA can blow me

There's a politically-motivated agenda for people to just pose as Trump supporters and say they regret voting for him merely to give off bad optics in an effort to demoralize his base.

If you recall right after Trump won the election, there were many reports of Pro-Trump associated hate crimes, but when they were actually investigated, it turned out to be people either making up such allegations or the opposition just framing these acts on Trump supporters. It's just dirty politics; as they've resorted to doing almost anything in order to make Trump look bad.

But from what I've seen in real life, his support is growing among moderates, and when the tax cuts really take an effect, that trend is likely to continue.

You actually believe that he doesn't read important briefings? I don't really care about how much he golfs. He's obviously doing stuff because I'm always hearing the liberals freak out.

How mich did you care about vacations before Trump took office?
Cared about it when Obama and Bush 2 were vacationing. Wasn't into politics enough to comment on Clinton.

The bolded line is an obvious troll job. A class of individuals freaking out =/= someone doing stuff.

Or I realize they were a fucking scam and a form of government extortion over small businesses.

Are you familiar with the CARB smog system in CA? Do you realize they can see your vehicle passes smog and still fail you because the manufacturer of your intake didn't pay the state for their CARB sticker. Oh it's all about smog right? Remember when our eyes burned right? The EPA can blow me

So, again, you're a "common sense" loving "dern gubment" type that makes addressing important issues impractical because of your irrationality regarding government administration ("they can just SEE it meets the emission reduction standards, durp")

Same old, same old.

You seem to be mistaken about political trajectories in the modern age. We just elected an idiot rapist with no experience in public office and a lack of oratory ability that legitimately makes him seem even dumber and more incoherent than he really is. I don't think being 35 is the line in the sand.

No you didn't vote Trump... here's your post the day after the election. You actually encouraged people to vote Jill Stein..lulz. those russians got you hook line and sinker

Compared to Trump? Yeah, she was. Her policies were exponentially better for the middle class and poor.

Then why did the banks rally behind her so much? Why did Obama policies fuck over the African American community so bad?

What about the money "new new deal"?

Back