Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

I mean really, its like a nation wide celebration because black people are in a movie. Its ridiculous.

well, it is a really good movie. on par with the first avengers and guardians of the galaxy movies.

What are we showing pride in? It’s fake. It’s less real than wwe. It’s not black or white. It’s fantasy. If anything shouldn’t we be offended at the lack of Latinos given their representation in our total population?

I'm not showing pride in anything. Are you? I haven't seen the movie yet. I think I won't even like it that much because it's too contained and I want the fucking Infinity War yesterday. So what the hell are you talking about?

I was trying to explain to people why Blade and Spawn are different, and for all intents and purposes this IS MCU's first standalone black superhero movie.

I can't wait for the Black Panther/Wonder Woman movie.

That will be one of the funniest time periods of my life.

well, it is a really good movie. on par with the first avengers and guardians of the galaxy movies.

Certain people who are upset by the praise this movie's getting, won't even consider that reality to be a possibility.

It was already decided that black people couldn't simply like this movie just because it was good, about a month before the movie even came out.

Apparently it's all just the progressive agenda telling people they enjoyed the movie, not their own minds.

"I'm not racist but I feel the need to voice my displeasure and annoyance at the popularity and acclaim that this movie full of black people is getting"

I haven't watched a Marvel movie since Obama's first term and I probably won't start now, but if people can find pride and inspiration from it then that's great, relatable fantasy is the basis of fiction. I'll sure take a good Afro-centric comic book movie over an all-female Ghostbusters.

At least Black Panther was originally created as an African character. Unlike the upcoming Spider-Man movie with a Latino Peter Parker. Or the Hamilton musical reimagining the founding fathers as people of color.

Are they really doing a gay Mexican Spiderman?

lmao

And Wakanda or whatever it is called needs open borders. They need to share their wealth and have endless African and Muslim immigration. Diversity is strength.

If anything Black Panther should put to sleep any idea of having Norse gods aka Heimdell played by an African or having Idris Elba play every White character.

Why? Every character is different. It's kind of stupid to say that because of the existence of one character over here, we can never discuss any other character anywhere else.

lmao

Yes. It's the exact same premise but now Spider-Man's alter ego is named Miles Morales. They did it in the comics years ago but now they're producing a feature-length animated movie for theaters.

I'm not showing pride in anything. Are you? I haven't seen the movie yet. I think I won't even like it that much because it's too contained and I want the fucking Infinity War yesterday. So what the hell are you talking about?

I was trying to explain to people why Blade and Spawn are different, and for all intents and purposes this IS MCU's first standalone black superhero movie.

Spawn and blade would kick panthers ass but I digress

It’s just a movie so whatever. I just don’t get the sjw hype around fictional characters

lmao

And Wakanda or whatever it is called needs open borders. They need to share their wealth and have endless African and Muslim immigration. Diversity is strength.

Clearly has not seen the movie.

The Blade and Spawn comparisons crack me up.

Blade was a vampire. He was naturally a monster who had to act against what he naturally was, to be good.

Spawn comes from fucking hell.

Black Panther is an honorable king ruling the most advanced nation on the MCU's earth.

Can you guys figure out why one of those characters would be received or reacted to differently than the other 2?

Blade was half vampire....half human...doing the right thing, the just thing despite the hate he received from humans and vampires ..

I guess as a fellow half breed, i have a bias and believe blade is one of the best super hero comic films ever. .

Does it really need a thread? i guess this place would be climbing with triggered alt-righters opening threads about it....i got no comments. might watch it...maybe not.

Sure. That's not what we’re talking about though. We’re talking about the people watching it. Again if it sucked do you think you’d hear about it being bad
Yes. A bad movie us a bad movie. Fantastic four was bad. Black torch or no black torch.

There has always been a strong independence movement in Scotland, its rubbish to suggest a Mel Gibson movie started it up again. The author of that is full of shite

and @Seano
and @Prutfis

It wasn't just one author. And obviously the film wasn't the reason the idea of independence started up, but it certainly was used in galvanizing the idea of Scottish independence.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational.../braveheart-and-scottish-independence/5750742

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-to-surge-in-sales-of-braveheart-9741068.html

Back