Callouts that backfired

It is never a good idea to call yourself out.
yeah, you might end up punching yourself

Dc73js.gif

Black Beast called out Meathead Mitrione... probably not the smartest idea.

Story: Apparently Meathead didn’t liked to be called out as he later ranted, and a 30 second brutal KO didn’t satiate his desire for violence... Meathead literally stood over a slumped Derrick Lewis still wanting to fight.

Moral of the story: leave crazies alone

Meathead was really heated because the fight before when Lewis called Matt out he had just KO’d Matt’s teammate so that added more motivation to being called out.

BJ Penn calling out GSP after beating Sherk

Sure, 'he's got potential' but the hellacious beatings he is taking are taking years off his life and preventing him from his potential. The Cub fight was the type of fight that changes a fighter, takes years off his career, much like Robbie and Rory. Choi is a great fighter, very exciting, but he is/was not ready for the big leagues yet. Just like Horiguchi and Sexyama, Sherdog started insane hyping as soon as an Asian fighter found a few wins and they were catapulted to a level they were not ready for. Sadly for the Gooch, I really felt like he could have been something special in the UFC and not, showing in obscurity cut in Rizin.

I don't get the Horiguchi mention. He wasnt cut, he chose not to resign. He went on a 7-1 run in the UFC with the only loss to DJ. He was absolutely ready for the big leagues.

I don't get the Horiguchi mention. He wasnt cut, he chose not to resign. He went on a 7-1 run in the UFC with the only loss to DJ. He was absolutely ready for the big leagues.
Not ready for the Mouse tho - not even close. He did not 'resign' owing to the fact the UFC did not want him and offered him 'Askren money'. Le Gooch was thrust in to title contention and ruined his career as a result of 'hardkore' fans disproportionately hyping up a Asian fighters. As a result, the elite embarrassed him.

Texeira vs Glover is the first that comes to mind.
Others include Conor calling out Floyd and Chael calling out Anderson Silva.
Texeira called out Glover? Damn when was that?

Baby Jay called out GSP for the WW belt and then quit on the stool

Nick Diaz called out GSP and then crawled away from the ground fight 3 times and refused to engage in the stand up

Texeira vs Glover is the first that comes to mind.
Others include Conor calling out Floyd and Chael calling out Anderson Silva.
If making however many million for fighting Floyd means it backfired then sure I guess it backfired.

The Meathead rant about the Lewis call out confused me because I remember Lewis being generally respectful about it and Meathead went on about being hood/ghetto and shit and I was like "wtf is Meathead going on about?"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back