Why do people talk about Cain like it's five years ago?

Because...

hvBPS.jpg

+

cain-velasquez-shoulder-surgery.jpg

=

tumblr_inline_ndki75ciBn1qjgpvq.png

I'd like to see Cain come back and with the state of the Hw division there is potential for him to do well. With a win he would be a instant contender. He's been in the UFC since 2008 and there are still a few fights for him that are new match ups....Stipe obviously, Overeem, Hunt, and some of the new guys in Blaydes, Nganaou. You also have Volkov if he manages to beat Werdum and Arlovski would be a nice come back fight if he beats Struve.

Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?

DDPL4oLWAAAdS-k.jpg

Please Cain would absolutely murder prime Fedor without question. Fedor never even fought for UFC. That's like saying someone is best basketball player and they NEVER played for NBA.

Still LOL when I think about Rogan's MMA podcast a month or so with Schaub where Joe was legit bewildered that Cain wasn't ranked #1 HW contender when they looked at the rankings

View attachment 344113

Please Cain would absolutely murder prime Fedor without question. Fedor never even fought for UFC. That's like saying someone is best basketball player and they NEVER played for NBA.
Pride HW was probably better than UFC back in Fedor's day, who did they have who was very good besides Tim The Spider Sylvia, the Natural and Arloveski? And Fedor ended up beating 2 of those guys...

View attachment 344113

do you really think That? How, please do tell. I'm talking about accomplishments and wasted talent.

do you really think That? How, please do tell. I'm talking about accomplishments and wasted talent.
its a 2017 account. he probably dosnt know PRIDE was the biggest and best promotion at that time.

Exactly why mention Fedor in the same discussion as UFC fighters. Dude was only good in fixed fights in Japan.

People are still riding that hype train. Cain is a beast but he was overhyped even when he was fighting and he's only fought twice since 2013 (and is 1-1 in those bouts).
He had tons of potential but even when he managed to get to the cage his strength of schedule is meh.

His best wins are Brock Lesnar, Big Nog, JDS, and Bigfoot.

Brock is a good win but Brock had plenty of weaknesses.
Nog was super worn by the time Cain got to him.
JDS was a legit elite-win and showed what Cain was capable of.
After losing to Cain the second time bigfoot fought 9 more times, only winning once over Soa Palelei.

I saw JDS pounding Nathan's Hot Dogs before each of the Cain fights, legit, so I'm pretty sure the 2nd & third JDS fights ar questionable wins as well. My reasoning is thus: Although one must acceed that it was in fact JDS' body with both the hot dogs at Nathan's and Cain in the Octagon, that it was IN FACT the soul/spirit/source/spark of Johny Hendricks inhabiting the body of JDS in Nathan's AND the Octagon.

In case you've got questions, we all did/do.

Lots of people say or said that Cain took years off of JDS' career w/ those 2nd and 3rd fights, that Cain "took his soul". Frankly, I'm not sure that's true because if you look closely he had already lost something in his eye, some of that hungry tiger, some of that hunter. Some blamed the shift in JDS' focus on things like the ladies, pretty new wives and all that. Others brought up his sweet relationship w/ Nike and his possible future of bringing the product and concept of shoes to the impoverished nation of Brazil. Me, I've heard it all, all the speculation, all the wild theories, but I'm not convinced, no sir. You ask me, well, it's always been about those damn dogs, and I won't be convinced otherwise; you had to see what I saw.

When a man leans over a tray full of Nathan's hotdogs you expect to see something special. You don't what it is for everybody, but you know what it is for you. So with that in mind I want you to picture one of these inviting orange/brown/yellow/green/ trays filled w/ hot dogs: 2 plain, 2 kraut, 2 chili. The 2 plain don't even really make it to the table so the krauts and chilis are left. W/ that split and w/ those dogs there is only one thing I'm gonna see when I look in JDS' eyes as he's lookin' at the dogs - The crystal sauerkraut is Mr. Snow Miser, the chilis are Mr. Heat Miser, and they're gonna sing a dance and sparkle in your eyes.

But not so w/ JDS. The kraut isn't crystal and fresh like an icicle, but droopy, and nasty, hanging off of his forehead like some kind of glutinous seaweed. And the beans, the chili, the horror. The chili was a dark fiery lake or lagoon, and the beans were black, soulless eyes, like that of a creature who thrives in the sea and maybe a little bit underneath. It was then that I realized what was happening. The hot dogs had cast some spell, much like a succubus or a harpy, over the champ, filling him w/ lies of sauerkraut and chili and nacho cheese, but showing every one who looked into his eyes what the future awaited him for making this devil's deal with those damn dirty dogs.

What's that? How does Johny Hendrick's fit into this?

Well, Ol' Johny's been known to like a little bite to eat now and then. Like a lot. Like a Hobbit lot. So when the soul or whatever of Johny Hendricks saw that this gigantic HW's soul had vacated the body for hot dogs, it's only natural that a go getter like Johny f**ckin' Hendricks is gonna get right in there and take advantage off the opportunity to chowdown. We know that it was Johny Hendricks by the tell tale clues any big eater leaves behind: A) JDS has only ever looked like 70% of the fighter he was before the 2nd & 3rd Cain fights, and B) even though he was pretty much KO'd for 10 rounds he still stuffed 70% of Cain's TD's.

Anyhow, just throwing that out there for you to chew on a bit before you jump to proclaim vs JDS 2 & 3 "elite-wins".

its a 2017 account. he probably dosnt know PRIDE was the biggest and best promotion at that time.
Actually I'm pretty sure JoeRoganade used to be the troll El Chapo/Meaningful Gregory who has been banned multiple times, a dead giveaway is his trademark line "Ronda Fraud of the Century Rousey" :D

Still LOL when I think about Rogan's MMA podcast a month or so with Schaub where Joe was legit bewildered that Cain wasn't ranked #1 HW contender when they looked at the rankings
I think this says a shit ton about the state of the division.. the ufc is the premier mma organisation. The heavy weight division in combat sports is supposed to be the pinnacle of entertainment.. It's disappointing at the moment and maybe people are nostalgic and hoping for the best

Cain had the most dominating fights in UFC HW history. His talent and potential is above anyone else at HW. The only doubt is if he still has it.. which is indeed a big "if".

Unfortunately he had potential, but never fully came to realize them. Personally I think he is rather iverrated, as actual accomplishments should always outweigh what COULD have been.

I saw JDS pounding Nathan's Hot Dogs before each of the Cain fights, legit, so I'm pretty sure the 2nd & third JDS fights ar questionable wins as well. My reasoning is thus: Although one must acceed that it was in fact JDS' body with both the hot dogs at Nathan's and Cain in the Octagon, that it was IN FACT the soul/spirit/source/spark of Johny Hendricks inhabiting the body of JDS in Nathan's AND the Octagon.

In case you've got questions, we all did/do.

Lots of people say or said that Cain took years off of JDS' career w/ those 2nd and 3rd fights, that Cain "took his soul". Frankly, I'm not sure that's true because if you look closely he had already lost something in his eye, some of that hungry tiger, some of that hunter. Some blamed the shift in JDS' focus on things like the ladies, pretty new wives and all that. Others brought up his sweet relationship w/ Nike and his possible future of bringing the product and concept of shoes to the impoverished nation of Brazil. Me, I've heard it all, all the speculation, all the wild theories, but I'm not convinced, no sir. You ask me, well, it's always been about those damn dogs, and I won't be convinced otherwise; you had to see what I saw.

When a man leans over a tray full of Nathan's hotdogs you expect to see something special. You don't what it is for everybody, but you know what it is for you. So with that in mind I want you to picture one of these inviting orange/brown/yellow/green/ trays filled w/ hot dogs: 2 plain, 2 kraut, 2 chili. The 2 plain don't even really make it to the table so the krauts and chilis are left. W/ that split and w/ those dogs there is only one thing I'm gonna see when I look in JDS' eyes as he's lookin' at the dogs - The crystal sauerkraut is Mr. Snow Miser, the chilis are Mr. Heat Miser, and they're gonna sing a dance and sparkle in your eyes.

But not so w/ JDS. The kraut isn't crystal and fresh like an icicle, but droopy, and nasty, hanging off of his forehead like some kind of glutinous seaweed. And the beans, the chili, the horror. The chili was a dark fiery lake or lagoon, and the beans were black, soulless eyes, like that of a creature who thrives in the sea and maybe a little bit underneath. It was then that I realized what was happening. The hot dogs had cast some spell, much like a succubus or a harpy, over the champ, filling him w/ lies of sauerkraut and chili and nacho cheese, but showing every one who looked into his eyes what the future awaited him for making this devil's deal with those damn dirty dogs.

What's that? How does Johny Hendrick's fit into this?

Well, Ol' Johny's been known to like a little bite to eat now and then. Like a lot. Like a Hobbit lot. So when the soul or whatever of Johny Hendricks saw that this gigantic HW's soul had vacated the body for hot dogs, it's only natural that a go getter like Johny f**ckin' Hendricks is gonna get right in there and take advantage off the opportunity to chowdown. We know that it was Johny Hendricks by the tell tale clues any big eater leaves behind: A) JDS has only ever looked like 70% of the fighter he was before the 2nd & 3rd Cain fights, and B) even though he was pretty much KO'd for 10 rounds he still stuffed 70% of Cain's TD's.

Anyhow, just throwing that out there for you to chew on a bit before you jump to proclaim vs JDS 2 & 3 "elite-wins".

Cain pretended to be a girl in wmma. At first he just sparred but he worked up to more. Cain even skyped dressed as a sexy woman "with poor connection" so the video would blur. After many seductive photos of Cain he convinced him Cain was the real deal. It took him 3 heeks to become his girlfriend.
Eventually Cain scammed this guy out of $600 because Cain convinced him Cain would come visit if he paid for the flight. Cain was lucky it paid off because Cain had spent nearly $200 on make up to pull off this con.
It was actually a nice weekend when Cain flew to visit him and they're looking to move in together in May.

Exactly why mention Fedor in the same discussion as UFC fighters. Dude was only good in fixed fights in Japan.
C'mon now he beat ex heavyweight champions arlovski and Sylvia who both fought at affliction in the USA.

They were both in their prime.

Back