Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

You know how you work hard and there are rewards .

It's not white privilege , it's hard work and benefits.

So Russians, italians, polish ect all come to America, get white privilege and also blamed for slavery?

I was watching the Mexican Olympics which was a while ago.

The black runners wore black panthers hat's and did the fist in the air to promote inequality .

It was also the first time a women lit the torch .

They were pushing women doing things for the first time over 50 years ago .

They were complaining about inequality back then.

Seems a lot has changed ,but they don't believe so and still like to disrupt and resist .

Still pulling the same stunts

It's BS. I have white immigrant parents. They weren't given anything. My Dad was drafted as soon as he got here. We had to fight our way through the Bronx.

My thing is if you're lazy own it. Stop inventing excuses.

Sounds like reality for most white people

These issues you describe don't exist here in the UK. We're all equal and only peopel we discriminate against are gingers.

Americas sounds like a bitter and twisted place.

It's BS. I have white immigrant parents. They weren't given anything. My Dad was drafted as soon as he got here. We had to fight our way through the Bronx.

Please.......its a fact that if you have a black sounding name, you are less likely to get called from jobs than a white guy who has been convicted before....but nah brah, that isn't privilege lol.

Privilege exist.....Anybody born in the USA is privileged...if your white, your even more privileged.

Is your life gonna be amazing if your white? No....but you will have somewhat more opportunities.

Please.......its a fact that if you have a black sounding name, you are less likely to get called from jobs than a white guy who has been convicted before....but nah brah, that isn't privilege lol.

Privilege exist.....Anybody born in the USA is privileged...if your white, your even more privileged.

Is your life gonna be amazing if your white? No....but you will have somewhat more opportunities.
Everyone has their obstacles in life. Certainly my family received NO special privileges.

You just have a loser's mentality. It's okay to have a loser's mind just don't lie about it.

How do Jews and Asians manage to outperform whites?

Yes if your name is Bon qui qui latoyus you may have some obstacles in your way in the hiring process but I garuntee you the same thing would happen if the other candidate was chinese,Indian and Arab but of course no one's labelling that Arab privallage. They have to be selective about how they can frame it.

The real dirty conversation that no one's having isn't that of white privilege it's actually black disprivilege and there is a difference. Wanna talk about a majority privallage? Go be black in China and tell me all about the Chinese privallage when they run through the hiring process as a black person.

Because people believe the word "privilege" denotes some form of guilt toward them. One, in this case, that they can't control(you can't choose your race, although Dolezal almost got away with it). People don't like being put into condition they can't control(sorry for the people that don't get the irony here).

Furthermore, most white people are hard working lower-middle to lower class individuals. So, when they hear "white privilege", they take it as, "you don't work for what you have and didn't earn anything". Which is not what the term means at all, but makes them feel slighted and, in return, defensive.
Basically this.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w9873

A lot of white people recognize the unfairness and reality of white privilege and feel guilt about it. Or some some whites feel even worse about their own relative lack of success because they recognize that they started out with (at least one) relative advantage.

But then they get angry at these feelings of guilt, reasoning that they are not personally responsible for the system that creates white privilege.

Then (and this is where many people go wrong) because they cannot emotionally accept or arbitrate their feelings of white guilt, they make the (emotionally based) decision to deny the objective reality of white privilege.

The reaction of denial based on (erroneous) emotional needs fuels a LOT of problems in American politics.

It’s a really stupid term that leaves itself open to all sorts of interpretations. People use it to diminish and attack “while people” and absolutely undercut their own cause. On the other side of the coin people feel it’s completely undermining them and all of their accomplishments by making light of the their personal struggle.

It's not a stupid term. It's an accurate term.

People react to it in stupid ways (as your post points out).

Last edited:
Its not about hate, but preference and soft discrimination.

People will create discriminating patterns that become some sort of self-fulfilling prophecies.

I acknowledge white privilege. It results simply of whites / western people having been more successful in almost every aspect for at least the last 1,500 years.

But I reject the idea of acting on the notion, though. All this affirmative action American shit, is in itself discriminatory.

I also see it as a way by corporations, media and political parties to divide society so as to make it business-friendly. A united, homogenous population is bad for the neo-liberal business.

I'm curious about Jewish and Asian privilege since they outperform white people.

I don't know why people deny reality. Being white is a privilege, being a tall male is a privilege, being an attractive girl is a privilege, being born into a good family is a privilege, being born with money is also a massive privilege. Yet people straw man these realities and get really upset over it.

I don't know why people deny reality. Being white is a privilege, being a tall male is a privilege, being an attractive girl is a privilege, being born into a good family is a privilege, being born with money is also a massive privilege. Yet people straw man these realities and get really upset over it.
That's the thing... it's just not that complicated.

The older I get, the more I look around and realize that the fates of nations and the course of human affairs are largely determined by unresolved infantile emotions.

If your lines of reasoning was to be believed, the commodification of ultra-whiteness would be apparent within a white society like the United States, which it definitely is not: hence why we have a ginger-born president who fake tans his skin so as to not look pale. In modern white cultures, white complexion is associated with sloth, immasculinity, and sickness.

But these tans are still how "white people" tan, not how non whites do.

When i said aesthetics, is because some people who were undesirables are able to merge into white society, some others couldnt.

And as @PrinceOfPain mentioned, its not always about the tone of skin, but also about having european features. In reality most Mexicans (or east asians) arent that dark, but due to having non-euro features they still get cast out, although not to the degree that an african with african features do.

I acknowledge white privilege. It results simply of whites / western people having been more successful in almost every aspect for at least the last 1,500 years.

But I reject the idea of acting on the notion, though. All this affirmative action American shit, is in itself discriminatory.

I also see it as a way by corporations, media and political parties to divide society so as to make it business-friendly. A united, homogenous population is bad for the neo-liberal business.

I agree.

I didnt made this thread to say "We need to do something about it", but more about "It exists, get over it, white genocide is not going to happen".

Its more like how Demian Maia can get title fights but Jacare cant

jacare seem way darker than most people from latin america i see. even over dominicans or black brazilians (really they are heavy mixed) are like his same color from shit i seen. It is his face he is one ugly guy not a handsome mix or mulatoo whatever he is.
But these tans are still how "white people" tan, not how non whites do.

When i said aesthetics, is because some people who were undesirables are able to merge into white society, some others couldnt.

And as @PrinceOfPain mentioned, its not always about the tone of skin, but also about having european features. In reality most Mexicans (or east asians) arent that dark, but due to having non-euro features they still get cast out, although not to the degree that an african with african features do.

they should be. stop trying to want to worship blue eyes and light eyes and light skin and euro features. it odd

i think latin americans and many people are psychological damaged

this thread should have asked the question 'does anyone understand what white privilege means?' As it is clear by the post below and in so many posts up-thread that there is a massive fundamental misunderstanding of the term built around an assumption of other people simply giving you stuff and that has nothing to do with it.

You cannot debate an issue where half the people responding do not understand the question.

they should be. stop trying to want to worship blue eyes and light eyes and light skin and euro features. it odd

i think latin americans and many people are psychological damaged

If we go by it, slavs are the ones most obsessed with race, because they need to ride on the achievements of western europe to compensate for their third worldness.

<NoneOfMy>

If we go by it, slavs are the ones most obsessed with race, because they need to ride on the achievements of western europe to compensate for their third worldness.

<NoneOfMy>

yes the weird ones do. but real russians for example would know they are not western and always been own greatness transcontinental country/empire. europe as it is has loose borders i heard that it borders use to say end before ural mountains. Russia is not really full european never has never will that is not putin plan or plan of russian leadership to survive it needs central asia and parts of east europe most ukraine.

hey but at least slavs have 'euro' features. nobody i see except like 1% of latin america does but they worship the blue eyes and whiteys even the 'white latinos' like cain or ferguson or whatever have obvious like north african or mediterranean or indian native features in there face.. indian people from india are damaged to lol with there worship of euro features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back