Premier League Thread 2017/18 v82: Tules

Is Tules the sexiest poster on sherdog?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Spoken @Clear Winner

whats your pairs thoughts on the Rooney Rule ?
No problem for me; the data used to support the creation of the Rooney club cant be denied, and there is a WHOLE lot of similar data that echoes the same conclusions.
Folks often assume that any affirmative action equates to hiring less qualified people, but this often carries the assumption that minorities are inherently less qualified or not as a good as white applicants... this is a dubious assertion/implication, I think. BUT, I'd imagine that if a workplace is looking to hit a "quota" of minorities in their workforce, I wouldn't be shocked if often times a white dude has a stronger application. But obviously, this isnt about the quota... its the about the fact that folks with authority are more likely to hire people they're consciously or subconsciously more comfortable and familiar with, which often means another white dude. This is demonstrable.

So I'm down for the Rooney rule, perhaps because it demands to take seriously applicants that are minorities, which is rather different than needing to hit a quota.

Last edited:
@Spoken @Clear Winner

whats your pairs thoughts on the Rooney Rule ?

I think we had a long back and forth about it a few months ago with Bubzeh.

Basically, I think it's a necessary evil. I hate the fact that any employer is forced to interview someone, but ultimately it's there for a reason.

Would be great if people were given chances based on their suitability for the job, but sadly, that's not the world we live in.

I think we had a long back and forth about it a few months ago with Bubzeh.

Basically, I think it's a necessary evil. I hate the fact that any employer is forced to interview someone, but ultimately it's there for a reason.

Would be great if people were given chances based on their suitability for the job, but sadly, that's not the world we live in.
After living and working in texas, I became painfully aware of how white dudes perpetuate the bro club. It's straight up oppression sometimes

After living and working in texas, I became painfully aware of how white dudes perpetuate the bro club. It's straight up oppression sometimes

Bro, I can only imagine how bad it is in places like that. I worked in some shitty ales companies when I was younger and they used to say some fucked up shit. They'd often forget there was a person of colour in the room and have to apologise.

These are the same people that are quick to claim that racism doesn't exist and is no longer an issue.

Bro, I can only imagine how bad it is in places like that. I worked in some shitty ales companies when I was younger and they used to say some fucked up shit. They'd often forget there was a person of colour in the room and have to apologise.

These are the same people that are quick to claim that racism doesn't exist and is no longer an issue.

My work is pretty diverse, but I'm in California. My company is a global consulting company though, so even our teams in Texas are pretty diverse. Some industries are more progressive than others in this regard unfortunately.

My wife, even being white, got all kinds of shit. Living in texas made me much more liberal and open minded to issues of race and sexism. Especially in Waco, TX, which has a BRUTAL history of racism.

My wife, even being white, got all kinds of shit. Living in texas made me much more liberal and open minded to issues of race and sexism. Especially in Waco, TX, which has a BRUTAL history of racism.

Because you're not white (I have no idea what colour you are, just speculating) and you're with her or because she's a woman?

lol Waco.

In USA they have systematic racism, something that's been in place and ingrained in their society for generations. I think and support affirmative action for this reason, something has to counter it.

Not being funny, but are you ok with this term? I used to cringe when I heard a (usually elderly) person used the term "coloured". Now it's coming back it seems.

Because you're not white (I have no idea what colour you are, just speculating) and you're with her or because she's a woman?
Wasnt a clear sentence, my bad: she got shit on in all these passive aggressive way JUST cuz she was a woman

Not being funny, but are you ok with this term? I used to cringe when I heard a (usually elderly) person used the term "coloured". Now it's coming back it seems.

Never really used it before and only realised I did when you pointed it out. I think it's very different from "coloured" which has a slightly different history behind how it was used. I prefer it to ethnic minority, but I wouldn't be offended by that either.

POC and 'coloured' is not the same thing. the difference being the history of the word.

it's coming back because it seems with trump in power and rise of alt-right, it's safer for the bigots to have themselves known.

@UltimateVictory @Tobago Jones

Chillin' music

Gets me gassed

giphy.gif

lol Waco.
yeah, it's a funny town. A huge resurgence right now because of Baylor, that house show, and because austin and dallas are getting too expensive. Waco wasn't THAT terrible, really. Just a lot history of being poor, and thus, less of the fun, artsy, liberal culture you get in a city.
I'd never want to live in the south--or anywhere hot--ever again, but Waco is way better than Dallas or Austin. Austin is easily the most overrated city I've ever spent time in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back