• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I thought it was really a good movie. It was a horror comedy and I can't really think of a better one off the top of my head. The script/plot was very interesting and cleaver.

I thought it was really a good movie. It was a horror comedy and I can't really think of a better one off the top of my head. The script/plot was very interesting and cleaver.
Hot Fuzz and Sean of the Dead were much better films of that genre

I feel like i would have liked it more if they didnt hype it up as the highest rated movie of all time. That is just retarded

It was a good movie, sure it was...no I dont think it deserves all the praise its getting as if it was wowww such an amazing movie....nope it wasnt... I only think its getting that praise because it was made by a first time black director and its about black people being attached by evil white people... this is what pisses me off about the entire sociological thing going on now.... I agree with equality...sure only ignorant people wouldnt agree with equality.... but whats happening IS NOT equality...its over praising work done by black people ONLY because oh they are black.... where the fuck is the equality in that!! The best movie, best director, best actor should be praised ... and if there is a black person on those categories who did outstanding work then it should be praised just like the others, of course!...but if THERE ISNT....well fucking A there isnt then!! why do we have to force praising only because its done by black people....fuck that!! it has a negative effect in my view.. because you are praising out of pity not out of admiration the way it should be!

Elaborate.

First off. I'll never understand white people saying this shit. There were allegories to slavery yes, but are you denying that Muslims and blacks haven't been antagonists before?

I mean Rocky is essentially a (albeit incredible) series of great white hype films.
What I'm saying is that if you reversed the race of the protagonist and antagonist in Get Out, many would cry racism claiming that the movie vilified poc. Rocky isn't a fair comparison because Apollo was portrayed as a good person.

Last edited:
You don't like BBQ and guns? Yeehaw.

southern bbq is the best food on earth. guns do nothing for me and i hate sweet tea. as a former southerner living in tennessee, texas and North carolina, i couldnt get away from sweet tea. especially in north carolina. i think those people bathed in it. they also liked to put cole slaw (or slaw in their lingo) on hot dogs and hamburgers. but to be fair, that is actually pretty good

it was very over rated not to say it was a bad movie but it wasent good. basically stole a bunch of ideas from other movies and mixed in a sjw agenda... gave it a D+

I really liked it. The script is pretty clever, the acting is great. I have no issue with it winning best original screenplay.

Weird to revisit this comment.

The liberal machine is now firing on all cylinders. It's so obvious what is being lobbied in all those famous parties running up to the big show. If this movie wins Best Picture there will be no debate, anymore, that this film is overrated: arguably the most overrated Oscar film of all time. Should it win I'll have to walk that back.
It's funny that you claim it's the "liberal machine" when the movie itself pokes fun of liberal progressives.

Screw the haters!
jordan-peele-oscars-whoopi-goldberg.jpg

White Girl and Black dude together.

The audience was made to think that she was all about that BBD but in fact she was all about the S.

southern bbq is the best food on earth. guns do nothing for me and i hate sweet tea. as a former southerner living in tennessee, texas and North carolina, i couldnt get away from sweet tea. especially in north carolina. i think those people bathed in it. they also liked to put cole slaw (or slaw in their lingo) on hot dogs and hamburgers. but to be fair, that is actually pretty good

North Carolina BBQ is my favorite because of it's vinegar based sauce. Pulled pork topped with slaw is GOAT. BTW what the heck are you doing in Vegas?

North Carolina BBQ is my favorite because of it's vinegar based sauce. Pulled pork topped with slaw is GOAT. BTW what the heck are you doing in Vegas?
yes, the bbq there is awesome. and as a yankee, i grew up with the mayo based slaw, but did come to love the southern version.

vegas is the last (probably) in a long list of stops. i went:

Michigan (farmington, walled lake, milford, west bloomfield, livonia)
texas (spring)
california (sunnyvale)
texas (spring)
north carolina (locust)
tennessee (clarksville)
north dakota (minot)
korea (kunsan)
tennessee (clarksville, antioch)
uae (abu dhabi)
tennessee (nashville)
nevada (las vegas, sparks)
texas (livingston)
nevada (las vegas)

only north dakota, korea and uae were military related

we came to las vegas when my wife went to become a reporter and news anchor for the spanish tv station here. i started covering boxing. i have been all over, but love it here. i would like a southern home in south dakota though

To be fair - what is the competition? Nothing wowed me so.

Back