Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Never saw it. Should I watch it? I got lots of time to kill ..

I liked Get Out because it wasn't what I was expecting at all. Had a real 'Twilight Zone' feel to it mixed with a little Alfred Hitchcock and I'm a huge fan of both. Acting was great by Daniel Kaluuya especially. I couldn't find one thing wrong with his performance. Great direction by Jordan Peele as well.

Since it was brought up, I enjoyed Black Panther way more than I thought. I was a little turned off by my fellow black folk trying to turn a Marvel Comic movie written by two white dudes into a 'black empowerment message' but I still ended up liking it quite a bit. Didn't have to force my self to over praise BP because the movie had a majority black cast but they all did so damn well.

This is what pisses me off about white liberals when they review really good films by black directors. They sometimes over praise them because they want to appear 'woke' and say "look at me! I'm not a racist like my white parents!" To me they are just as bad as those far-right racists who dislike these movies because their messages seem to gravitate towards a black audience. Just give me valid reasons why you liked or disliked a movie without being an SJW or bigot and I'll go with it.

Get Out was really bad. Cringeworthy bad.

If you want good horror go see A Quiet Place

because I'm an adult with no time for kiddie movies with terrible plots, terrible acting and laden with
gratuitous CGI.
That's how.

Too busy yelling at kids invading your lawn?

tenor.gif

I've seen it and Daniel Kaluuya was the only good thing about it.
I've seen people refer to Get Out as a horror film - i honestly thought it was satire, and poorly executed at that. The movie is filmschool project level meh, Daniel was brilliant.

If that makes me a right wing nutter who doesn't understand hipster humour, so be it.

I liked Get Out because it wasn't what I was expecting at all. Had a real 'Twilight Zone' feel to it mixed with a little Alfred Hitchcock and I'm a huge fan of both. Acting was great by Daniel Kaluuya especially. I couldn't find one thing wrong with his performance. Great direction by Jordan Peele as well.

Since it was brought up, I enjoyed Black Panther way more than I thought. I was a little turned off by my fellow black folk trying to turn a Marvel Comic movie written by two white dudes into a 'black empowerment message' but I still ended up liking it quite a bit. Didn't have to force my self to over praise BP because the movie had a majority black cast but they all did so damn well.

This is what pisses me off about white liberals when they review really good films by black directors. They sometimes over praise them because they want to appear 'woke' and say "look at me! I'm not a racist like my white parents!" To me they are just as bad as those far-right racists who dislike these movies because their messages seem to gravitate towards a black audience. Just give me valid reasons why you liked or disliked a movie without being an SJW or bigot and I'll go with it.

I share your positive opinion of Black Panther in general, and was also impressed that it was the first movie ever made with a black actor in it.

Back