2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

He couldn't catch Wilsons passes. I look at how long it took receivers to get good at catching balls from Rodgers. Everybody was certain that Bennett was going to be a great acquisition and the guy couldn't catch a cold. Everybody wants to throw money at free agents who were good at one time. Right now on Speak for Yourself they are talking about how Wilkerson and Graham are both past their expiration dates.

Jimmy Graham had a strange 2017.

He:
  • Had the most drops of any TE, and was also #2 in the league for all receivers in drops
  • Only averaged 9.1 yards a catch
  • Had zero 100 yard games
  • Was #2 in the league for most TD catches. He had 10 TD receptions (tied with Davante Adams) and only Hopkins had more with 13
  • Averaged 32 yards a game
  • Had only 4 catches 25+ yards
  • Had an okay 94 targets
The Sea Pigeons didn't know how to get him involved between the 20s. He was a red zone guy only it seems. I wish the Packers had a deep threat to stretch the field for him and all the other guys.

One good thing is that Seattle had a shit offensive line and Wilson was running for his life and good at extending broken plays....

I think the Rollins ship has sailed. Has he played a single season without some catastrophic injury that made him sit out the rest of the season?

Haha, he played 13 and 14 games his first two years.

The problem is his long speed. It hurts him as an outside corner. He was projected to be and should have been a FS coming out.

I truly believe that Rollins would be a better FS than HHCD if moved to that position. His ball skills, tackling, and ability to sniff out and jump underneath throws is unreal. Better than any player I've seen.

Jury still out on King though.

I do think it's really telling that King passed Rollins on the depth chart for the third slot while playing with basically one arm.

He didn't really though. There was just need at the boundary, and King has boundary skills while Rollins does not. During training camp, Rollins was supposedly outplaying everyone at the position. https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...outplayed-every-CB-at-training-camp-105754272

Our DB situation is fucked.

WOODSON, you still in playing shape?

If Whitlock and Cowherd are saying that then I’m fully convinced they’re great signings

Cowherd isn't that bad with his NFL takes.

LoL, his game picks against Vegas odds were like 60% last season. You need to hit 55% to be a professional gambler. I think he beat RJ Bell's % for the season.

Whitlock is actually retarded. He sucks.

If Jordy was going to cost the same as Jimmy, well, then I think it was the right move.

So, interesting thing I noticed yesterday.

I saw Carr met Jordy at the airport then any news about him was silent after that point.

Jimmy Graham had a strange 2017.

He:
  • Had the most drops of any TE, and was also #2 in the league for all receivers in drops
  • Only averaged 9.1 yards a catch
  • Had zero 100 yard games
  • Was #2 in the league for most TD catches. He had 10 TD receptions (tied with Davante Adams) and only Hopkins had more with 13
  • Averaged 32 yards a game
  • Had only 4 catches 25+ yards
  • Had an okay 94 targets
The Sea Pigeons didn't know how to get him involved between the 20s. He was a red zone guy only it seems. I wish the Packers had a deep threat to stretch the field for him and all the other guys.

One good thing is that Seattle had a shit offensive line and Wilson was running for his life and good at extending broken plays....
Given I live in the PNW watching the Pigeons last year was sad.

I can't fucking stand that team but I don't get how they didn't give Wilson more protection last offseason and so far this offseason they're not doing anything to help him out there either.

Given I live in the PNW watching the Pigeons last year was sad.

I can't fucking stand that team but I don't get how they didn't give Wilson more protection last offseason and so far this offseason they're not doing anything to help him out there either.

Yeah, their ongoing OL problem is perplexing, and entirely irresponsible given Russ is their crown jewel.

Yeah, their ongoing OL problem is perplexing, and entirely irresponsible given Russ is their crown jewel.
It's lulzy as I am from the area so a ton of my friends are Pigeon fans and one of them when I was like "Suh visiting Seattle" was like:
"Didn't realize he played OT or guard"

It's lulzy as I am from the area so a ton of my friends are Pigeon fans and one of them when I was like "Suh visiting Seattle" was like:
"Didn't realize he played OT or guard"

They should have been ALL OVER Sitton.

He's still a top 5 pass protecting guard, and he can play all the positions. Damn fine player.

Crabtree released by Raiders. Jordy will be a Raider.

GOD I hope Crabtree ends up with the Tards or Pigeons.

EDIT:
So.... I know he's more of a safety (build wise) but could we use a guy like Honey Badger in a Micah Hyde type thing? Granted the knee injuries are worrying.

Do something like what they describe here:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ere-football-matters-so-are-the-packers-a-fit

Say the Packers do find a way to shuffle some money around and land Mathieu, then get Melvin in on a one-year, incentive-laden deal. In that case, the Packers probably start Kevin King and Melvin on the boundaries with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Mathieu at the safety spots and Josh Jones playing the Will linebacker position. When the team goes to nickel, Mathieu moves down into the slot with Kentrell Brice coming on at safety.

Long shot I know given it sounds like even though Honey Badger wants to play where winning matters his price will be, well, pricey but still. Would be interesting.

Last edited:
Crabtree released by Raiders. Jordy will be a Raider.

GOD I hope Crabtree ends up with the Tards or Pigeons.

EDIT:
So.... I know he's more of a safety (build wise) but could we use a guy like Honey Badger in a Micah Hyde type thing? Granted the knee injuries are worrying.

Do something like what they describe here:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ere-football-matters-so-are-the-packers-a-fit

Long shot I know given it sounds like even though Honey Badger wants to play where winning matters his price will be, well, pricey but still. Would be interesting.

Honey Badger is best around the line of scrimmage I think. Doesn't seem like he wants to be covering deep.

Honey Badger is best around the line of scrimmage I think. Doesn't seem like he wants to be covering deep.
True.

Real frustrated we haven’t heard of any interviews with available DBs.

No signings but interviews would be nice.

An aside, Gicants are 4 mil over the cap after signing Solder

Mathieu isn't coming here lol we have no money. I fuckin love the guy but we need strict CBs

He's going to get (and while often injured, also deserves) a trunk full of money

Last edited:
Yeah, I like Mathieu, but we are set with guys who can cover inside and pay the run. That's basically all that we know Rollins is good for at this point, and all that we knew Randall was good for. Adding Mathieu would give us him/Haha/Rollins/Evans, all whose natural position is FS.

It's so weird to me thinking that 4 years ago everyone was in a panic about spending on a FS when it's one of the easiest positions to fill. Before shipping Damarious, we had at least 4 guys who could be starting quality free safeties.

Still a fair amount of CB talent on the market per PFF
Gaines - #13 CB (26 yo)
Melvin - #17 CB (28 yo)
Maxwell - #28 CB (30 yo)
DRC - #58 CB (31 yo)
Sean Smith - #75 CB (30 yo)
Desir - #99 CB (27 yo)

Boykin (28 yo)
Verner (33 yo)

Still a fair amount of CB talent on the market per PFF
Gaines - #13 CB (26 yo)
Melvin - #17 CB (28 yo)
Maxwell - #28 CB (30 yo)
DRC - #58 CB (31 yo)
Sean Smith - #75 CB (30 yo)
Desir - #99 CB (27 yo)

Boykin (28 yo)
Verner (33 yo)
I'll be honest I don't want DRC or Smith.

I know they're both good (probably better than what we have now) but both are at 30 or on the wrong side of it. Especially for a position that relies so heavily on athleticism.

I'll be honest I don't want DRC or Smith.

I know they're both good (probably better than what we have now) but both are at 30 or on the wrong side of it. Especially for a position that relies so heavily on athleticism.

I actually think they might be ideal, in terms of scheme and short-term price.

Here me out: I personally prefer smaller corners (5'11-6'0 range) and think EJ Gaines is the clear #1 guy in terms of talent, but Pettine's scheme puts a premium (from what I understand) on ability to press at the line and is less reverent of the ability to play zone off the line, which is what Gaines excels at.

Meanwhile, that list is full of players that are pretty good in that area, most of all Smith and DRC. I think Desir and Melvin are not that far behind. And, if I recall, Maxwell is pretty good pinning receivers against the boundary as well.

I actually think they might be ideal, in terms of scheme and short-term price.

Here me out: I personally prefer smaller corners (5'11-6'0 range) and think EJ Gaines is the clear #1 guy in terms of talent, but Pettine's scheme puts a premium (from what I understand) on ability to press at the line and is less reverent of the ability to play zone off the line, which is what Gaines excels at.

Meanwhile, that list is full of players that are pretty good in that area, most of all Smith and DRC. I think Desir and Melvin are not that far behind. And, if I recall, Maxwell is pretty good pinning receivers against the boundary as well.
When we say "Maxwell" is this Byron Maxwell?

If it is I want him far away from this team. He looked good on the Pigeons, then the Iggles gave him a fat contract and he looked like trash, barely kept up with the Lolphins and only went back to the Pigeons when Shercan went down.

I watched some YouTube clips of Melvin and though the kid can keep up and press dudes I do NOT like how he almost NEVER seems to turn his head for the pass breakups... foresee a lot of penalties for illegal contact and shit being thrown cause of him.

EDIT:
I feel dumb, completely forgot the Packers have Trevor Davis at WR. Dude ran a 4.4 at the Combine. Guess we don't really need Janis if Davis and Rodgers can get something going.

Last edited:
Back