2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Dunno anything about this Melvin character

Quick research, he was a top 20 CB according to PFF, big with a decent 40, injury prone

Fits the mold of most Green Bay defensive backs.

Honey Badger cut

Go fucking get him

EDIT:
I get he's more of a safety but given it looks like Burnett may be leaving and Josh Jones is still pretty young/raw he'd be a good stop gap.
Would kind of violate the "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" model that Dom was going after with King and Jones. But he's definitely an upgrade over House at this point lol.

I've already bought into him 100%. Next Revis

I remember when Vic Ketchman said that watching Quinten Rollins in practice reminded him of Darrelle Revis.

Got me hard as a rock. Three seasons, 20 injuries, and about 15 times getting burnt by receivers and I'm considerably softer.

I don't follow free agency that closely, was it expected that Wilkerson would go for so cheap? Discount for having Pettine?

I expected him to sign somewhere for about $8 million.

So getting him for a contract where $8 million is the max is pretty good.

I remember when Vic Ketchman said that watching Quinten Rollins in practice reminded him of Darrelle Revis.

Got me hard as a rock. Three seasons, 20 injuries, and about 15 times getting burnt by receivers and I'm considerably softer.
Honestly, any time I hear someone compare an incoming player to the studs that are currently pros I kinda do this:
2ufzwol.jpg

Since were all mentioning free agents, what about our own... Do we bring any of these guys back?

giphy.gif

Since were all mentioning free agents, what about our own... Do we bring any of these guys back?

giphy.gif

Janis to return kicks (aka call for fair catches) and try and burn people over the top? I mean, the dude is fast as fuck (boi) and caught two of Rodgers monumental hail marys.... but... that's like all he's ever done.

The moment we drafted Josh Jones I figured Burnett wouldn't be back.

Honestly, any time I hear someone compare an incoming player to the studs that are currently pros I kinda do this:
2ufzwol.jpg

Meh, sometimes the comps are appropriate.

There have def been prospects whose skill sets/traits are eerily reminiscent of an existing/past pro. I'm trying to think of one.

Allen Robinson - Alshon Jeffrey
Trae Waynes = Al Harris
Josh Rosen = Matt Ryan
Sterling Shepherd = Tyler Lockett
Arden Key = Randy Gregory
Todd Gurley = Adrian Peterson
Blake Bortles = Steaming Sack of Shit

Meh, sometimes the comps are appropriate.

There have def been prospects whose skill sets/traits are eerily reminiscent of an existing/past pro. I'm trying to think of one.

Allen Robinson - Alshon Jeffrey
Trae Waynes = Al Harris
Josh Rosen = Matt Ryan
Sterling Shepherd = Tyler Lockett
Arden Key = Randy Gregory
Todd Gurley = Adrian Peterson
Blake Bortles = Steaming Sack of Shit
Rosen is going to suck. I live on the West Coast and went to WSU so I see Rosen like all year during CFB.

He's going to flounder IMO.

giphy.gif

Apparently it's likely we keep Rich Rodgers, which meh. I'm not a fan.

I'd like to keep:
Janis
Evans
House
Brooks
Goode

Rosen is going to suck. I live on the West Coast and went to WSU so I see Rosen like all year during CFB.

He's going to flounder IMO.

I believe you.

But I still think it's a good comp. In fact, Rosen probably has a better arm than Ryan did.

Apparently it's likely we keep Rich Rodgers, which meh. I'm not a fan.

I'd like to keep:
Janis
Evans
House
Brooks
Goode
So we drop Kendricks? Feel like we never gave him a chance but the Bennett shit happened AND Rodgers getting hurt happened too.

I believe you.

But I still think it's a good comp. In fact, Rosen probably has a better arm than Ryan did.
I think he does too but he's a goddamn dunce.

Case in point. Close game against WSU and they go up by 3 with like 1:14 let to play. ROSEN is partying like he just won the SB... Falk and crew are on the sideline helmets on patiently waiting. YOU DON'T LEAVE THAT MUCH TIME ON THE CLOCK AGAINST AN AIR RAID TEAM!

WSU and co drive down the field, score a TD on Falk to Cracraft with 5 seconds left and Falk calmly walks back to the bench glancing over his shoulder at the opposing bench and Rosen is trying to hide his face in his towel.

Really wish we'd give Janis more of a shot but the dude being unable to properly run a route has fucked him

Kendricks would just be the #2 again. Graham is essentially replacing Bennett

Janis is whatever, not opposed to him staying but id rather have a roster spot for someone who can contribute on not only special teams but other things too. Ive completely given up on him with the offense. He is good at ST though

Burnett will be too expensive

Wouldnt hate to have Evans for another year

So we drop Kendricks? Feel like we never gave him a chance but the Bennett shit happened AND Rodgers getting hurt happened too.

No idea, but I actually like Kendricks more than most do. I think he's more athletic than Rodgers and just as good of a blocker (that is, pretty bad). Rodgers has incredible hands, but is also incredibly unathletic.

Really wish we'd give Janis more of a shot but the dude being unable to properly run a route has fucked him

It's not route running that did him him - McCarthy was complimenting his routes by sophomore year. Apparently it was his inability to remember which routes to run in a play.

Idk, I blame MM more than Janis. Remember in 2016 when all of Packers fans were clamoring to bench Adams for being worthless (I maintain he's still pretty average) and put in Abbrederis and Janis? Yet MM wouldn't do it, so Adams and Cobb just kept stinking up the field for the whole season.

Then Adams and Cobb get hurt in the playoffs, Abbrederis and Janis come in and the offense performs better than it has all year.
Janis/Abby combine for 11 catches, 190 yds, 2 TD. During that entire season Adams/Cobb together averaged 8 catches (14 targets), 82 yards, 0.4 TD per game.

I feel like this season is going to be painful unless we get a couple studs in the draft.

Have to imagine Bulaga's replacement will be drafted this year too.

I feel like this season is going to be painful unless we get a couple studs in the draft.

Have to imagine Bulaga's replacement will be drafted this year too.

There are still cornerbacks available that would be big upgrades. I am VERY much against taking a corner early. Got go either Edge or LB early. Also, Rollins and King could still be quality DB's.

I agree about Bulaga and needing to invest in some o-lineman. That was the ONLY area where TT was a stud in evaluating talent. Hopefully they keep him around only for that. Except Spriggs. Man, idk how a 2nd rounder could be so bad.

There are still cornerbacks available that would be big upgrades. I am VERY much against taking a corner early. Got go either Edge or LB early. Also, Rollins and King could still be quality DB's.

I agree about Bulaga and needing to invest in some o-lineman. That was the ONLY area where TT was a stud in evaluating talent. Hopefully they keep him around only for that. Except Spriggs. Man, idk how a 2nd rounder could be so bad.
I think the Rollins ship has sailed. Has he played a single season without some catastrophic injury that made him sit out the rest of the season?

Jury still out on King though.

I do think it's really telling that King passed Rollins on the depth chart for the third slot while playing with basically one arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back