• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"I’m going to embarrass him, put him on his back, knee on belly & hand on throat" --- Tony Ferguson

071415-UFC-184-Tony-Ferguson-PI-CH.vresize.1200.675.high_.581.jpg

Source: https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1510881

Very interested to see someone finally throw damage to Khabib's body

A 200 lbs man cutting to 155 cannot sustain a heavy body attack​
Don’t remember last time Khabib was on his back so good luck Fergy

He's taller than RDA but scrawny. Has no muscles. Height does no equal weight.

BTW one of the reasons his cardio is so good is no muscles to supply oxygen to. Max is same way and Jones.
Max says he gets to 180-185 out of camp and a move to 155 is inevitable

This is going to be a fun back & forth fight, can't wait!!

He's taller than RDA but scrawny. Has no muscles. Height does no equal weight.

BTW one of the reasons his cardio is so good is no muscles to supply oxygen to. Max is same way and Jones.

I dont care what he says. They are manlets they lie. About height and weight. Like women.

He's 180 tops.

No muscles....

<Huh2>

Khabib is rightly favored but him winning is no foregone conclusion
- Khabib has never gone 5 rounds, Tony did 5 in Mexico
- Khabib can't finish high level opponents, Tony is a berserker
- Nobody has punished Khabib's sluggish entries, Tony has a stiff jab, cross & front kick​

Im the biggest khabib fan but this fight is gonna be awesome. Probably the toughest fight available for him

Ground and pound wrecks gas tanks and Ferguson will be running on fumes by end of third
He was running on fumes after two rounds vs Lee, who was running on fumes in one round. RDA apparently had the best gas tank ever, but was dead vs Khabib. It is not just the gas tank, it is the fact that you fear the takedown so greatly that you don't throw, become tentative, get outstruck like 20:1 as a result and when you are on the ground, you are helpless. Look at the Trujillo fight, where Trujillo could do nothing except just look at the ref like "help me. please. please help me."

This fight is going to be an absolute demolition derby, no different than Barboza or Mj and potentially worse, as Tony is a slow starter, lacks explosiveness like Barboza and MJ and apparently has the brilliant idea of not fighting takedowns vs Khabib fucking Nurmagomedov.

Why does he look like an effeminate Latin Jean Claude van dam there?

LMAO, because he is standing in front of a picture of Jimmy Hendrix and Jimmy's hair is what you see on top of his head.

Khabib is going to maul Tony. Take him down and maul him repeatedly. Tony's eyes will have the same look as barboza's did. And he will have no answers.

I'm rooting for Cucuy, but I really don't see that happening in this fight.

I'm rooting for Khabib, but if Ferg pulled this off in the fight, I'd stand up and applaud.

He paints a hilarious picture. Had me at "like a f'n Wolverine claw"

The scenario he describes sounds like he's the protagonist in the end fight scene to an 80s martial arts tournament movie.

He was running on fumes after two rounds vs Lee, who was running on fumes in one round. RDA apparently had the best gas tank ever, but was dead vs Khabib. It is not just the gas tank, it is the fact that you fear the takedown so greatly that you don't throw, become tentative, get outstruck like 20:1 as a result and when you are on the ground, you are helpless. Look at the Trujillo fight, where Trujillo could do nothing except just look at the ref like "help me. please. please help me."

This fight is going to be an absolute demolition derby, no different than Barboza or Mj and potentially worse, as Tony is a slow starter, lacks explosiveness like Barboza and MJ and apparently has the brilliant idea of not fighting takedowns vs Khabib fucking Nurmagomedov.
Most of Sherdog thinks this is going to be a 50/50 or close fight.

I'm with you though. I think Khabib blows him out the water. Either a sub victory or a complete one sided decision for Khabib.

So many here think Khabib will gas out. You all are in for a rude awakening.

i dont for a second believe tony believes he is going to do it
dude is legit crazy, thats how i like a fighter to be, confident in his skills and crazy enough to do the unthinkable
still think nurmi wins though

The closer we are getting to the fight, the more I think Ferguson will earn a win. God I'm fucking hyped for this one.

I've gone back and forth on this one.

Sometimes it seems glaringly obvious that Tony will be taken down at will - as we've seen tony give up takedowns to fighters not half as competent in wrestling as khabib

And sometimes I think khabib can't possibly match the Cardio of Tony, even if he does take him down regularly.

On balance, I think khabib batters Tony on the ground for 4 rounds and as a result Tony loses more gas than khabib does. There will be a few exciting standing exchanges but khabib gradually mauls a tough as nails Tony til a 5th round finish .

But I wouldn't be surprised if Tony catches him in the first couple rounds or does enough defensive wrestling to drain khabibs gas tank and Tony wins by 4th or 5th round stoppage.

Pretty excited for this fight

Back