NRA to Parkland Teens: You’re Only Relevant Because Your Classmates Died

The way some of the parkland victims have been attacked reminds me of how black people/minorities are attacked when they speak up about an injustice.

"how dare you speak up"

"know your place"

"this person has no credibility"

"look how uppity they are"

etc etc

After a while it becomes obvious the tactics being used to silence those who dare to speak up.

More like no more compromise, since nothing ever comes back in return.

when have they compromised without kicking and screaming all the way about attacks on the second amendment, the CDC cant even do research on the subject cos they got blocked by NRA backed
politicians, dont make me laugh, they obstruct every tiny thing, and then complain when people get frustrated.
If those who favor gun control actually want some form of progress, they have to be willing to actually negotiate with those who favor gun rights. Those who favor gun control only ever demand concessions, and act as though they should never even be expected to concede anything.

This is why gun rights proponents never give an inch. Those on the side of gun control are never willing to honestly trade horses or negotiate in good faith.

In order for a negotiation to be successful, both side need to feel as though they profit. If one side only makes demands, you're no longer dealing with negotiations.

He's not exactly wrong. Why are we supposed to base legislation on the feelings and opinions of kids? They may be victims, but that doesn't make them experts.
They've got a fuck of a lot more experience being shot than those old pricks making the laws.

Colion Noir isn't some PC fucking pawn.

He says what he wants.

I'm a huge fan and support him 100%. Don't expect him to walk this back.

This is what it boils down to. These kids are being used as propaganda tools to take our rights away. They are doing it for the limelight and attention and exploitibg their classmates in the process. Those little bastards need to be confronted(with words and arguments) not coddled and promoted.

Hey, but no one should call the kid out. LOL

Eh, he's not worth calling out anyway, he's only got like half a million twitter followers out of this.

The bald chick has over 1.2 million so far.

Take that, white male!

Is he wrong? Should policy be determined by emotionally compromised, hormone fueld people?

Please say yes. Lol
Should those same kids go and die in foreign wars that the gun manufacturers and MIC all benefit from?

Should people not be allowed to vote until they're 25?

Is this line of argumentation(your's) flippant, and stupid?

Are you getting the point yet?

Eh, he's not worth calling out anyway, he's only got like half a million twitter followers out of this.

Take that, white male!

You're really becoming a caricature of the poster you used to be.

So fucking boring. That's the level of discourse I expect from posters like @TheComebackKid, or @Bloodworth.

Should those same kids go and die in foreign wars that the gun manufacturers and MIC all benefit from?

Should people not be allowed to vote until they're 25?

Is this line of argumentation(your's) flippant, and stupid?

Are you getting the point yet?

@Bald1 translation: yes

My point is that their input should be heard, as much as anyone else's.
Of course they should be heard and have input.

Is that the same as basing policy on their demands? Nein Mr President.

Take that, white male!

Yeah, but that's cause a bunch of teen boys have fantasies about turning her straight. lol

It always cracks me up to think about how the recent decade's sudden, neck-breaking turn towards "all gun control is bad!" is just very clearly tied to when Obama was elected and the right wingers started fear mongering about how that communist tyrant Muslim was going to start a race war against white people and create a black supremacist hellscape.

Public opinion went from +28% gun control to -6% muh guns in six fucking years lol

12-10-2014-2-19-42-PM.png

The teens aren't so traumatized they can't push their own agenda.

Victims of a mass shooting protesting what they believe is insufficient regulation of the tool that was used to conduct the mass shooting is an "agenda" now? For victims to fight back is exploiting their victimhood? Even if your don't think their position holds water, this is a silly thing to say.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Unless of course they're just pawns being parading in front of everyone by larger forces at work.

I mean, this is exactly it. However, the "larger forces at work" are the democratic majority, ranging from considerable to huge, that supports tightening firearm restrictions.

1-14-13-12.png

Pretty sad organization at this point. I'm glad someone sticks up for the 2nd Amendment, it's just a shame that it's become such a twisted group. Their message would be much better received coming from more thoughtful and less abrasive people.

I agree, but ffs... it can't be a one sided thing. Equal and opposite reaction type of thing

If those who favor gun control actually want some form of progress, they have to be willing to actually negotiate with those who favor gun rights. Those who favor gun control only ever demand concessions, and act as though they should never even be expected to concede anything.

This is why gun rights proponents never give an inch. Those on the side of gun control are never willing to honestly trade horses or negotiate in good faith.

In order for a negotiation to be successful, both side need to feel as though they profit. If one side only makes demands, you're no longer dealing with negotiations.

In fairness, it's hard for the gun-grabbers to know what to concede on when they're so ignorant of firearms and current legislation. :(

These dumb NRA fucks don't understand that the more they attack survivors of a massacre, the more support / funding they'll get. Most rational people don't like seeing victims being attacked and bullied.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-this-mass-shooting-is-different-the-evidence

And of course rational people like you that don't attack character, values, beliefs, rights, etc...

You'd be wise to control your rage and extend an olive branch or at least tone down the insults if you're really looking to come to some middle ground. Or do you really think this - "These dumb NRA fucks don't understand that the more they attack survivors of a massacre, the more support / funding they'll get" is the key to forward a reasonable discussion ?

Back