NRA to Parkland Teens: You’re Only Relevant Because Your Classmates Died

If those who favor gun control actually want some form of progress, they have to be willing to actually negotiate with those who favor gun rights. Those who favor gun control only ever demand concessions, and act as though they should never even be expected to concede anything.

This is why gun rights proponents never give an inch. Those on the side of gun control are never willing to honestly trade horses or negotiate in good faith.

In order for a negotiation to be successful, both side need to feel as though they profit. If one side only makes demands, you're no longer dealing with negotiations.

The vast majority of Americans, when polled, want far stricter gun controls than the gun rights crowd advocates. The gun rights crowd has had a massive lobbying arm and cart blanche in whatever policy decisions that are made. It's time for them to make concessions, clearly.

They must possess knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of the topic they are speaking on...Not just emotions and a bad experience.

And yet you're an avid supporter of the president on any issue. Rightly are the simple so called.

Victims of a mass shooting protesting what they believe is insufficient regulation of the tool that was used to conduct the mass shooting is an "agenda" now?

Jesus dude. Just because their emotions are running high doesn't change this at the core. They're trying to start a political movement and the agenda is restricting types of and access to firearms.

Thanks though for driving home my point about narrative by trying to sub in your own (via what looks like an appeal to emotion).

In fairness, it's hard for the gun-grabbers to know what to concede on when they're so ignorant of firearms and current legislation. :(
It's really so weird that those that want to change gun laws refuse to educate themselves on current gun laws and firearms in general

My point is that their input should be heard, as much as anyone else's.

Not everyone deserves an equal seat at the table.

And if we're being frank - there's almost nothing insightful I can hear from a highschooler. They have no life experience, or knowledge, or training.

And if we're being frank - there's almost nothing insightful I can hear from a highschooler. They have no life experience, or knowledge, or training.

Gotta be pretty dumb as an adult to look to kids for guidance on such a complex and fundamental issue. Or view them as useful idiots to push an already desired agenda.

1. Anyone who takes the opinions of high schoolers seriously is a fucking idiot. There are no exceptions.

2. How many people out of 300+ million in the US even knew this particular high school existed before some dipshit went full dipshit there?

This shouldn't even be a discussion. Fuck anyone stupid enough to give a shit about these kids' opinions.

Jesus dude. Just because their emotions are running high doesn't change this at the core. They're trying to start a political movement and the agenda is restricting types of and access to firearms.

Thanks though for driving home my point about narrative by trying to sub in your own (via what looks like an appeal to emotion).

Man, you are just impossible to reason with at all on firearm-related issues. It's like catnip for you. One sniff and you're spazzing out, biting people, and jumping on furniture.

"I love having so much food!" sounds like something someone trying to distract from an eating disorder would say.

david-hogg-getty-640x480.jpg

Taunting traumatized kids

These scumbags have sunk to a new low
I'm sorry, but mugging for cameras, endless selfies and all the other "five minutes of fame" hullabaloo by many of these kids doesn't whiff of trauma. It whiffs of all the numerous other "movements" on the social highway these days. Are all of them mining this issue for notoriety or "fame"? No, but I'm only going to half listen to someone that tells me I have to give in to more restrictions on my rights regarding firearms then goes home and logs onto the latest FPS and spends hours shooting virtual friends in the face.

Man, you are just impossible to reason with at all on firearm-related issues. It's like catnip for you. One sniff and you're spazzing out, biting people, and jumping on furniture.

What you mean is I don't succumb to emotional arguments and use actual knowledge to argue for respecting our enumerated rights. Now you're trying to color the perspective of others through deceptive characterization. I say others because both you and I know there's nothing irrational about my discourse on the subject.

Not an argument.

What you mean is I don't succumb to emotional arguments and use actual knowledge to argue for respecting our enumerated rights. Now you're trying to color the perspective of others through deceptive characterization. I say others because both you and I know there's nothing irrational about my discourse on the subject.

No, you are the single most emotional person on this board on this subject. Hands down.

And your arguments were silly. They were that (a) these kids weren't really or weren't sufficiently traumatized because (b) they still had the ability to push their "agenda," as opposed to their actual normative beliefs as prompted by a huge life event, and (c) they are agents of "forces at work" when, as I showed you, there is broad support for firearm regulations in excess of what we currently have.

Back