NRA to Parkland Teens: You’re Only Relevant Because Your Classmates Died

In fairness, it's hard for the gun-grabbers to know what to concede on when they're so ignorant of firearms and current legislation. :(

My best friend growing up (who's more family than anything else) joined the Toronto March for Life. Typical vocal anti-gun guy who's never even held one. Love the guy but he's completely opposed to listening to any input about firearms. Frustrating to say the least.

"I love having so much food!" sounds like something someone trying to distract from an eating disorder would say.

david-hogg-getty-640x480.jpg

Well, I'm not gonna rag on the kid for being skinny.

As just another fat guy on the interwebz, that would be just a bit too self-unaware, even for me.

@Cubo de Sangre And the fact that you're co-opting with absolute idiots like Farmer Brown and Byron Carter - persons you know have the intellect and maturity of children - should tell you on what side of the issue you are re reason versus emotion lol

Honestly the fact that these kids are super pro gun control and then all of a sudden hate the idea of having clear back packs shows they don't care about school shootings and just want "their way".

Banning more guns does nothing to curb school shootings because ALL guns are already banned on campus.

What you mean is I don't succumb to emotional arguments and use actual knowledge to argue for respecting our enumerated rights. Now you're trying to color the perspective of others through deceptive characterization. I say others because both you and I know there's nothing irrational about my discourse on the subject.

Here's a serious question: What firearm ownership restrictions or regulations do you support, consider "non-infringing" and why?

Thanks.

Comment retraction an damage repair within 48 hours when they read all the negative comments. It's like they are pushing the limits to see what happens.

Honestly the fact that these kids are super pro gun control and then all of a sudden hate the idea of having clear back packs shows they don't care about school shootings and just want "their way".

Or maybe they're just smart enough to understand how easy it would be to hide a Glock inside a three ring binder.

Clear backpacks are a school gun violence "solution" that's right up there with the buckets of rocks that Blue Mountain has introduced.

The kids aren't claiming to be experts, that's a red herring.

America has struggled with trying to pass sensible gun laws for a long time, so not sure why people are acting like these kids are protesting something new. The only difference is the kids have first hand experience of being victims and have a voice that people are listening to.
And the ones making these "sensible" recommendations are mostly the ones least qualified to make real suggestions based on a working knowledge of the tools in questions.

I have no problem with someone not knowing all the correct nomenclature for firearms or firearm components. I have no problem with not knowing the limitations of various firearms or significant differences between similar platforms.

What I have a problem with are people making suggestions apparently not being sincere enough about their desire to "talk" taking the time to education themselves on these subjects after all this time and yet still wanting to make those recommendations to those that do know the tools.

Why are people trying to have this conversation with organizations like the NRA anyway if they believe they are at the heart of the problem? Why aren't they taking their appeal for dialogue to the John Q public composed of qualified firearm instructors, life long hunters, firearm competition marksmen and champions, military firearm instructors...

You have a public town hall style forum for discussion on these issues and you invite only mouthpieces from the NRA?

These dumb NRA fucks don't understand that the more they attack survivors of a massacre, the more support / funding they'll get. Most rational people don't like seeing victims being attacked and bullied.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-this-mass-shooting-is-different-the-evidence
Agreed but at the same time I don't need some tide pod eating generation of kids telling me I need my guns take away.

The best thing to do, like myself is not give them any attention.

Maybe if the FBI, law enforcement, and judicial system *actual* did its job and use / enforce the laws we already have, this wouldn't be a problem.

This mind set of tide pods eaters might as well protest against making cars and gardening tools illegal while at it.

The whole talk about the 2nd amendment is a shit show and these kids are being used for a political reason no matter what side of the fence your on. These kids at the end of the day are using thier slain classmates to grandstand politics themselves. So fuck them and the NRA.

The vast majority of Americans, when polled, want far stricter gun controls than the gun rights crowd advocates.
In 1810, the vast majority of Americans, when polled, wanted far stricter slave controls than the abolitionist crowd advocated.

Just because 51% of people think something, doesn't make it moral, right, or just.

A majority of 99% has no justification to violate the rights of a minority of one.

The gun rights crowd has had a massive lobbying arm
And thank God for the NRA. Without them, I can only imagine what our "rights" would look like with the spiteful left being fully allowed to write any gun control law they desired.

and cart blanche in whatever policy decisions that are made.
I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean.

It's time for them to make concessions, clearly.
No.

If you want concessions, you have to be willing to negotiate, and even be willing to give something up. If your side is unable or unwilling to do even that, don't expect concessions from those who wish to maintain their rights.

Or maybe they're just smart enough to understand how easy it would be to hide a Glock inside a three ring binder.

Clear backpacks are a school gun violence "solution" that's right up there with the buckets of rocks that Blue Mountain has introduced.

th

The vast majority of Americans, when polled, want far stricter gun controls than the gun rights crowd advocates. The gun rights crowd has had a massive lobbying arm and cart blanche in whatever policy decisions that are made. It's time for them to make concessions, clearly.

They've made concessions, what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." don't you understand.

If you want concessions, you have to be willing to negotiate, and even be willing to give something up. If your side is unable or unwilling to do even that, don't expect concessions from those who wish to maintain their rights.
Thumbs-up-Dale-Cooper.gif

Of course they should be heard and have input.

Is that the same as basing policy on their demands? Nein Mr President.
They want policy changes, and are bringing attention to it. So what? Should we not listen to them?

It's pretty clear you've created a straw man here. No one is stating that the people marching today should be able to magically write legislation that becomes law. Arguing against that point, instead of talking about the issues they're addressing is intellectually weak and pathetic.

Surely this is the compassionate and logical thinking that will bridge the gap between those that want gun control and those that don’t

No, you are the single most emotional person on this board on this subject. Hands down.

And your arguments were silly. They were that (a) these kids weren't really or weren't sufficiently traumatized because (b) they still had the ability to push their "agenda," as opposed to their actual normative beliefs as prompted by a huge life event, and (c) they are agents of "forces at work" when, as I showed you, there is broad support for firearm regulations in excess of what we currently have.

Quote something emotional and devoid of rational debate.

Is that supposed to be a representation of what I said? If so, you might be mistaking your silliness as mine. If you don't know what I mean just ask. No need to project the dumbest shit you can think of.

@Cubo de Sangre And the fact that you're co-opting with absolute idiots like Farmer Brown and Byron Carter - persons you know have the intellect and maturity of children - should tell you on what side of the issue you are re reason versus emotion lol

Now you're trying to attack me based on who I agree with. My God man, can you please try to act the intellectual you pat yourself on the back for being? :D

Here's a serious question: What firearm ownership restrictions or regulations do you support, consider "non-infringing" and why?

Thanks.

I give thoughts on this all the time and that's when the common-sensers start to lose interest. First off, restricting any firearm from civilian ownership is as clear a violation of the 2nd as banning specific words or ideas would be of the 1st. So to me it becomes a matter of restricting ownership based on due process. So if juveniles, felons of a particular nature, and the mentally defective are prohibited persons then so be it. Outside of that, amend the Constitution as the legal process demands. I'll live with whatever doesn't involve confiscation. In the meantime, we should all have the integrity to respect the Bill of Rights.

Serious question for you now. What number of gun murders and accidents are you willing to live with before deciding we've done what we can do, and what laws do you believe with accomplish that goal?

In 1810, the vast majority of Americans, when polled, wanted far stricter slave controls than the abolitionist crowd advocated.

Just because 51% of people think something, doesn't make it moral, right, or just.

A majority of 99% has no justification to violate the rights of a minority of one.

And thank God for the NRA. Without them, I can only imagine what our "rights" would look like with the spiteful left being fully allowed to write any gun control law they desired.

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean.

No.

I'd like to see both sides find some middle ground, but leftists can't seem to even identify simple weaponry or what it's capabilities are. Everything is an "assault" something, a killing machine, a clip, they attack the character of gun owners (brilliant way to get people to listen to you) they demonize and attack anybody not in lock step with their agendas no matter how psychotic or over reaching it is.

In my estimation the left will not be able to control their impulse to lash out and attack both physically and otherwise and no change will come.

They must possess knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of the topic they are speaking on...Not just emotions and a bad experience.
So, these kids should be heard then.

Also, no one should ever listen to a word you say, or read a word you type based on your own metric.

Back