Is anyone else a fan of the band tool?

Twenty bucks. But, you had to go through scalpers to get fourth row, and it was two hundred and fifty each.

I had camped out and gotten reasonable tickets, and I traded six of them for the great pair.

So I never actually paid serious money, but I camped out for two days, so it is what it is.

The friend I went with was an incredibly photographer and somewhere I have some of the insane pictures he got from that position. He got one of Nick Mason framed by his kit that has to be seen to be believed.

They must of been unreal live.

I like their "mainstream" songs like 46 & 2, Sober, and Schism but I've never been able to get into their other work.

Really good headphones are needed to really appreciate there music in my opinion. I rock the Bose quietcomfort 35 ii. Not the best sound compared to other headphones in that price range but are still very good. They are super comfortable and the noise cancellation is out of this world.

Fucking love them.

Lateralus is my favorite but Undertow is heavy as fuck.

I love their old shit from Opiate and Undertow.

Dude this is my favorite cover ever

Sick as fuck

Everything they do is a utter masterpiece imo. I have no idea how people can't get into them. The odd timing Adam Jones has is amazing. Tool songs are easy in theory to play but the odd timing and all the other stuff that goes along with it makes it extremely difficult.

If someone can't appreciate the music genius in this song there is something wrong.

Probably my favorite band.

Not a fan of their release schedules though. My fuck. What a bunch of assholes.

Everything they do is a utter masterpiece imo. I have no idea how people can't get into them. The odd timing Adam Jones has is amazing. Tool songs are easy in theory to play but the odd timing and all the other stuff that goes along with it makes it extremely difficult.

Yes exactly- what’s cool is that Adam Jones was a Hollywood effects artist before he became big with Tool (worked on T2 and Jurassic Park I believe). I think he brings a certain creative element to guitar than a lot of others.

Justin Chancellors bass riffs are also fucking wicked heavy.

I still have a water bottle Maynard threw to me after seeing them in 2001 during their Lateralus tour. Lol

Yes exactly- what’s cool is that Adam Jones was a Hollywood effects artist before he became big with Tool (worked on T2 and Jurassic Park I believe). I think he brings a certain creative element to guitar than a lot of others.

Justin Chancellors bass riffs are also fucking wicked heavy.

I still have a water bottle Maynard threw to me after seeing them in 2001 during their Lateralus tour. Lol

Yes Justin's bass riffs are fucking legendary for sure. Even Danney Carry is a monster on the drums. You can really see Carry's excellence when watching live shows of tool. Brilliant drummer.

Finally got to see Tool live for the first time last year. Was worth every penny.

My girlfriend will forever refer to it as " oh the show ya took me to and we never saw the lead singer!"

Yes Justin's bass riffs are fucking legendary for sure. Even Danney Carry is a monster on the drums. You can really see Carry's excellence when watching live shows of tool. Brilliant drummer.
He incorporates so many different styles into his drumming.... the set he uses on stage is fucking gigantic. The Aloke Dutta influence is absolutely noticeable (he’s had him on stage in the past)

Who in the fuck doesnt like Tool?

Thats like saying you dont like the Beatles or something.

You look like a retard saying that. Theyre amazing.

He incorporates so many different styles into his drumming.... the set he uses on stage is fucking gigantic. The Aloke Dutta influence is absolutely noticeable (he’s had him on stage in the past)

I have to see them live before I die. I have yet to see a live ufc event and a live tool concert. Which one would you recommend seeing first?

A Perfect Circle is better

Lateralus and Aenima are great albums though. 10,000 days was pretty shitty IMO.
I wouldn't call it shitty but 10,000 days gets played the least and usually only if I want a longer playlist and use it as filler.

Okay, its shit. You're right.

Back