Is anyone else a fan of the band tool?

therearnaked

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And if so, what's your favorite song by them? Mine is vicarious but most of there songs are masterpieces in my humble opinion. New album is supposed to drop this year.......hopefully.

Pretty sure every nerd on the internet hates them if they even know them

Big fan here, seen them 5 times I think. Lateralus is their Magnum Opus, but right behind that is Third Eye, then maybe Wings for Marie pt 2.

As far as a new album coming out, we'll see. Even if it does happen, I'm not real damn positive it'll be their best work. Maynard really just doesn't seem to care anymore, not that it's wrong of him, but his heart is more into wine and a more politically charged A Perfect Circle.

The Maynard of yesteryear who's mantra was "Think for yourself" just seems to have faded, and that probably isn't a good thing for Tool.

Hopefully I'm wrong on all accounts and Tool does deliver a Laterlus level album this year. Here's hoping.

A Perfect Circle is better

Lateralus and Aenima are great albums though. 10,000 days was pretty shitty IMO.

I actually just got into them a couple months ago and as of right now they are my favorite band. I don't even know what kind of genre it is, very unique but if I had to say I would guess it would be progressive metal.

They did a cover of led zeps no quarter and I actually like it better then the original.

Based on the bands I like a lot of people recommended Tool to me but I never liked any of their shit tbh

Anyone who doesn't respect or "understand" is a confirmed moron. That said, I never really listen to them, although some of their shit is brilliant. Perfect Circle I consider garbage, though.

Anyone who doesn't respect or "understand" is a confirmed moron. That said, I never really listen to them, although some of their shit is brilliant. Perfect Circle I consider garbage, though.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of perfect circle but I do like this one from that band.

Big fan here, seen them 5 times I think. Lateralus is their Magnum Opus, but right behind that is Third Eye, then maybe Wings for Marie pt 2.

As far as a new album coming out, we'll see. Even if it does happen, I'm not real damn positive it'll be their best work. Maynard really just doesn't seem to care anymore, not that it's wrong of him, but his heart is more into wine and a more politically charged A Perfect Circle.

The Maynard of yesteryear who's mantra was "Think for yourself" just seems to have faded, and that probably isn't a good thing for Tool.

Hopefully I'm wrong on all accounts and Tool does deliver a Laterlus level album this year. Here's hoping.

How are they live and how much were the tickets? I heard they were crazy expensive like $500 for nose bleeds. I heard even in the nose bleed section they were still amazing with all the visuals and such.

How are they live and how much were the tickets? I heard they were crazy expensive like $500 for nose bleeds. I heard even in the nose bleed section they were still amazing with all the visuals and such.
Nah man, the last time I saw them in Austin Tx we had stellar seats and it was a small venue anyway, maybe 5000 in attendance, and the tickets were $180.

As far as the shows, they are great. Visuals are unmatched, but only expect 8-9 songs and a two hour show. Lots of long intros (Adam Jones loves playing the guitar, and in an eerie way) and song intermissions. Its kind of cool though, on record the band plays a progressive metal band, live it's way more progressive.

As far as people saying they don't like or understand the band, it's actually understandable. Tool made progressive rock digestible to the metal community, without Tool the metal or rock community as a whole would either have no idea what or how to appreciate the progressive side of the genre. That time of introduction and groundbreaking sound has passed and Tool has made their mark. The landscape of rock music was changed by them, and that's great, but it was 20 years ago and many bands they influenced have made Tool's contribution seem small to people that weren't alive at the time.

Last edited:
i'm a fan.

my favourite album is still undertow....something super raw about it.

and the tickets were $180

Jesus Christ.

I love that music is free now, but I miss the days when concerts were twenty-five bucks and you could actually get tickets. I've seen hundreds of shows over the years but no more.

I've only once paid serious money to see a show, and that was for Floyd, fourth row center, thirty years ago.

Jesus Christ.

I love that music is free now, but I miss the days when concerts were twenty-five bucks and you could actually get tickets. I've seen hundreds of shows over the years but no more.

I've only once paid serious money to see a show, and that was for Floyd, fourth row center, thirty years ago.

How much were the tickets to go see Floyd?

What bands do you like?

There were a few bands but mainly because ISIS Panopticon was one of my GOAT albums and Justin Chancellor did the bass for Altered Course, which is the most amazing track on the album

There were a few bands but mainly because ISIS Panopticon was one of my GOAT albums and Justin Chancellor did the bass for Altered Course, which is the most amazing track on the album

Not too shabby.

How much were the tickets to go see Floyd?

Twenty bucks. But, you had to go through scalpers to get fourth row, and it was two hundred and fifty each.

I had camped out and gotten reasonable tickets, and I traded six of them for the great pair.

So I never actually paid serious money, but I camped out for two days, so it is what it is.

The friend I went with was an incredible photographer and somewhere I have some of the insane pictures he got from that position. He got one of Nick Mason framed by his kit that has to be seen to be believed.

Back