Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

So long as that shop equally tells people who loiter around without ordering to leave, they can do whatever the hell they want as is their right to refuse business. Blacks or waiting for a friend or not.

This is a libtard non story.

Hasn't that been repeatedly covered by @panamaican ?

They don't tell people to leave for not ordering

Feel free to correct me or @panamaican as I don't visit Starbucks

No one says they're "meh" about selling their product. You just confused the business goal, selling coffee, with the business model adopted to reach that goal, being a "third place". Dunkin Donuts has the same business goal - selling coffee (recently at least, the original goal used to be selling donuts). They use a different business model to get there. Dunkin Donuts wants you to get in and get out, although they've also started incorporating hang out style elements into their stores.

So when a Starbucks manager asks someone to leave the store for not ordering something that contradicts the business model. When the individual(s) state that they're waiting to meet someone else, that's evidence of the success of the business model - these people have selected Starbucks as a meeting place, hopefully they will order something during their meeting. Kicking them out prior to the meeting defeats the purpose of the "third place" model.

As the Starbucks CEO stated - the manager's basis for calling the cops was wrong. Not ordering something isn't a reason to be kicked out of Starbucks. Starbucks larger goal is to make those 2 individuals very comfortable while they wait so that they'll order something when the meeting ensues or so that the next time they need to have a meeting, they'll select Starbucks and order something.

The business model is a different thing from the product itself.

It's part of their business model. They want people hanging out there as an alternative to home or work. It's free wifi, comfortable settings, soft music and usually located near other areas of interest. People meet there all of the time or spend hours working without buying anything.

i made the thread. have you EVER heard me say anything was because of racism? except for my stance on cops, i am considered about as far right as it gets. and even when i bash cops i always say they are idiots, but not racist

the reason there are people denying this is a racial issue is simple. for some reason, whether its because they are being stubborn, stupid, ignorant, or unwilling to use google to learn something, people do not get that starbucks is a place where you meet and hang out. people stay there for HOURS and HOURS. sometimes they order and sometimes they dont. yet these 2 guys come in and for some reason they are told to get out. there is one and one reason only for that (unless they were being unruly which nobody is claiming).

we have idiots in here claiming that starbucks doesnt know how to run a business, denying that they want people to hang out there even though they openly encourage it and have for years. other people claiming othrs have said they were thrown out of a starbucks itt, which they didnt, etc. that tells methey are unwilling to look at any evidence that will not support their stupid views. again, i am the last person to cry racism, but its clear in this case

White people have been asked to leave places for loitering as well....

Are you going to try to find those stories and spread the word on those instances as well?? Will you call the manager of the place racist as well?

Any manager has 100% a right to have ANYONE removed from their business. If the person removed can PROVE it was because of race they can sue for damages/recourse
The problem is then that managers who don't want certain people in their premises should put up a sign on the front door stating such and such is not welcome in there. People shouldn't be inconvenienced and humiliated by managers who can't be honest and put up signs. How is a person supposed to know which store doesn't want Blacks or doesn't want people to wait for a friend and not buy anything during the waiting period.

Let me run two scenarios by you, and you tell me which one is more likely.

The setting - an over priced coffe shop.
The players - two black dudes (2bds) and a coffee Nazi (cN)

Scenario 1:

·2bds walk into a Starbucks and sit down
·cN - get out, we don't serve your kind here

Scenario 2:

·2bds walk into a Starbucks and ask to use the washroom
·cN - washrooms are for paying customers only
·2bds sit down and don't buy anything
·cN - wtf, over?
´cN - you're going to have to buy something
·2bds - pass
·cN - gtfo
i think both are pretty unlikely in this case. i bet it was closer to

2 dudes: can we use the bathroom?

manager: its for paying customers

dudes: we will be paying customers when our other guy gets here

manager: well, you cant be in here if not buying anything

dudes: ***look around at the other guests just hanging out and sit down themselves

manager: "hello, 911?"

and they called 911? really? that shows to me that the manager is the one most likely overreacting. that is unless one single customer comes forward to claim they were threatening in some way

Are you going to try to find those stories and spread the word on those instances as well?? Will you call the manager of the place racist as well?
With White people it isn't typically about race, so the 2 situations are not apples to apples. Context matters: It has been commonplace for business in America to discriminate against Blacks, though much less now than decades back.

yes, you know me. i am always posting stories of racism! and yes, white people have been thrown out of places for loitering. at starbucks though? not so much. i could post all kinds of stories of people talking about their epic loitering at starbucks though if you would like that. and funny, none of them talk about being asked to leave

That parking lot full of other people who frequently do exactly what you were doing sounds exactly like this coffee-drinking experience. Thank you for contributing such a useful and relevant personal anecdote. I was worried you were going to reflexively type something really stupid.

Stop stalking me creepy liberal homosexual.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/...fuse-service-to-someone-because-of-appearance

"To avoid being arbitrary, there must be a reason for refusing service and you must be consistent. There could be a dress code to maintain a sense of decorum, or fire code restrictions on how many people can be in your place of business at one time, or a policy related to the health and safety of your customers and employees. But you can’t just randomly refuse service to someone because you don’t like the way they look or dress.

Second, you must apply your policy to everyone. For example, you can’t turn away a black person who’s not wearing a tie and then let in a tieless white man. You also can’t have a policy that sounds like it applies to everyone but really just excludes one particular group of people. So, for example, a policy against wearing headscarves in a restaurant would probably be discriminatory against Muslims."

So long as that shop equally tells people who loiter around without ordering to leave, they can do whatever the hell they want as is their right to refuse business. Blacks or waiting for a friend or not.

This is a libtard non story.
I don't know if this specific incident can be classified as loitering, since they were waiting for a friend. So maybe they were going to order when the friend showed up. People do wait for friends to show before ordering; it's not unheard of.

We don't know if the store has a history of asking non-Black patrons to leave if they didn't order.

With White people it isn't typically about race, so the 2 situations are not apples to apples. Context matters: It has been commonplace for business in America to discriminate against Blacks, though much less now than decades back.

So when it happens to whites, it's not about race. When it happens to blacks, it IS about race..

... got it

You realise that it's written into law for companies to discriminate against whites right?

Last edited:
i think both are pretty unlikely in this case. i bet it was closer to

2 dudes: can we use the bathroom?

manager: its for paying customers

dudes: we will be paying customers when our other guy gets here

manager: well, you cant be in here if not buying anything

dudes: ***look around at the other guests just hanging out and sit down themselves

manager: "hello, 911?"

and they called 911? really? that shows to me that the manager is the one most likely overreacting. that is unless one single customer comes forward to claim they were threatening in some way
More than likely the manager overreacted. And yeah, example one was too simplistic.

I wonder if the other "guests", aka costumers had any Starbucks products on their tables. Anyways, I'm tapping out of this thread. As a parting statement I'll say this - we'll probably hear more of this story and find out if this cN has a history of giving black folks the boot or if this was some sort of a cockup.

yes, you know me. i am always posting stories of racism! and yes, white people have been thrown out of places for loitering. at starbucks though? not so much. i could post all kinds of stories of people talking about their epic loitering at starbucks though if you would like that. and funny, none of them talk about being asked to leave

You realize that it's now coming out that a uniformed cop was also told that the bathrooms are for costumers only at this very location?

What difference does it make what business it is? Is it ok for other companies to be racist against whites by asking them to comply to their rules or leave?

Why hadn't this manager asked the thousands of other black customers to leave if it was about race?

I can't help but feel that the description some people are giving it in this thread is an overly sanitized one.

If I believe some in this thread the conversation went something like this:

1. Can I use the restroom.
2. Not without making a purchase first.
3. Okay, I'll be over here waiting for someone else to join me first.
4. You'll have to leave.
5. I've called 911.

I just sort of doubt that's the full story. Could it be racist? Sure. Is it? I dunno. I don't know Starbucks, I don't know the full extent of racial tension and issues in the US, it just seems like there is something missing in the escalation to calling 911.

Stop stalking me creepy liberal homosexual.

If you can't handle being replied to on a discussion forum, you're going to have a rough life. Remember what John Wayne said about life being tough?

So when it happens to whites, it's not about race. When it happens to blacks, it IS about race..

... got it

You realise that it's written into law for companies to discriminate against whites right?

Re. bolded
Not always , because Whites can also be racially discriminated against, but *typically* when these sort of situations happen to Blacks, race is a factor while it isn't so with Whites.

What law are you referring to?

Was John Wayne the name of the peodphile that groomed you?

giphy.gif

You realize that it's now coming out that a uniformed cop was also told that the bathrooms are for costumers only at this very location?

What difference does it make what business it is? Is it ok for other companies to be racist against whites by asking them to comply to their rules or leave?

Why hadn't this manager asked the thousands of other black customers to leave if it was about race?
so? was the cop then told to gtfo? not sure what that has to do with anything. your post doesnt make sense. their rules may be you cant use the bathroom unless you buy something. i dont think anyone is arguing that. i would argue that their rules are likely not no bathroom use unless you buy something and if you ask to use the restroom before you buy anything you must leave

Re. bolded
Not always , because Whites can also be racially discriminated against, but *typically* when these sort of situations happen to Blacks, race is a factor while it isn't so with Whites.

What law are you referring to?

Affirmative action laws and quotas.

Or just whenever it happens to whites, whites just go on about their business and don't care much. When it happens to blacks or automatically about race... just like everything else.

so? was the cop then told to gtfo? not sure what that has to do with anything. your post doesnt make sense. their rules may be you cant use the bathroom unless you buy something. i dont think anyone is arguing that. i would argue that their rules are likely not no bathroom use unless you buy something and if you ask to use the restroom before you buy anything you must leave

Guarantee these punks were being unruly and rude.

The manager told them to leave and they wouldn't... that tells you everything you need to know about their attitude. They weren't even customers...

If a manager or owner tells you to leave their place of business, YOU LEAVE!

Back