Who was Carlos Condit's best win?

You know what really grinds my gears, hindsight fighter evaluation that relies strongest on the low point of a fighters career and applies those performances to evaluating every performance. Ie. he sucked here so he wasn’t that good then.

Best comment on this thread and absolutely true.

Diaz? What are people smoking? Rory is a much better fighter and a much better win than Diaz
Not when he fought them both. Rory was very green. Nick was at the top of his game.

Ellenberger, Hardy, Stun Gun, Diaz, Kampmann and McDonald but he is done man

He absolutely beat Robbie Lawler in early 2016 and got robbed out of the UFC WW belt. One of the worst decisions in recent years for a title fight. It was not a close fight. Besides the names you mention, he also beat Dong Hyun Kim (Stun Gun) via flying knee and blasted Dan Hardy and both were brutal R1 highlight reel finishes. Up until Father Time and motivation post Lawler rip-off, his losses were generally against top fighters like GSP, Hendricks, Shields, etc. He lost a close split decision that could have gone either way with Kampmann and later avenged that loss with a KO victory. Former WEC champion. Interim UFC champion who gave GSP one of his toughest fights and should have been given the belt in January 2016 when he beat Lawler decisively. Very decisively.

I don't think Condit is super elite as his wrestling hole was something that got exploited. But his striking and submissions were outstanding and he was a hell of a scrapper. Exciting fighter who was never out of the fight. He was getting beat badly by MacDonald and Ellenberger and came back to win those fights. Lot's of heart. Solid Top 5 during his prime and he had a long career.
Besides the names you mention, he also beat Dong Hyun Kim (Stun Gun) via flying knee
Decent win, the way he won was more impressive than the name. I also want to say that DHK is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. The guy is mentioned like a perennial top 10 fighter when he has beaten almost nobody. He is a hugger who wins most of his fights by laying or wall and stalling his opponents. The guy beats lower level talent in better fashion (Erick Silva and John Hathaway), but claiming him as some great win is laughable.

and blasted Dan Hardy

Another overrated fighter.

He lost a close split decision that could have gone either way with Kampmann and later avenged that loss with a KO victory.
Yeah he barely lost to Kampmann when he was in his prime, he beat a washed up, over the hill Kampmann, and with that said Martin was another one of these decent fighters, never elite.

Former WEC champion
Who did he really beat to become the champion? Mickey mouse belt.

should have been given the belt in January 2016 when he beat Lawler decisively. Very decisively.
You're absolutely delusional. How can you think that it was decisive? It was 3-2 at best and he didn't dominate Lawler in any round. The two dominant rounds were 2 and 5 which were both Lawler rounds.

Best comment on this thread and absolutely true.
But this is nothing of the sort.

I'm genuinely asking what was his best win, because when you actually think about it he's a bit of an almost man. He never truly beat elite fighters on their day.

Was very common a few years ago, when he came onto the scene. You must be a new fan.

Yep definitely a new fan! I joined Sherdog in 2005 mainly for the great political discourse in the war room. Never even heard of MMA.

<mma2>

Lol, you being serious?
To be fair, Kampmann was the dark horse of that division for years. When he was "ON" and used a proper gameplan he could beat just about anybody at WW. Great skill set. I honestly think he would have been one of GSPs toughest scraps if they had ever fought. (Assuming Kampmann was "ON"). UNFORTUNATELY he was often "OFF". He would be gun shy, and would execute a poor game plan. Plus that robbery against Sanchez....oh man.....

Anyway, Kampmann may never have been "Elite", but I would still consider him a solid win. Although when Condit beat him it looked like Kampmann was already done with fighting, so I could see why this may not count as a "Great" win for Condit.

In answer to the original question, either DHK or Rory. Like Gustafsson, Condit has actually been most impressive in his losses haha.

Yep definitely a new fan! I joined Sherdog in 2005 mainly for the great political discourse in the war room. Never even heard of MMA.

<mma2>
lol....take it for what it is....I don't post in this section often but I even did back then because shertards were trashing the guy for being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Maybe 're-watch' some other fights and give us your perspective on Condit.

The answer is of a facetious nature but his " win" over Robbie in the middle of Lawlers run as 170 champ was his best "win".
Rory is second even though McDonald was having his way with Carlos for better part of fight but the fact is- he pulled it out

lol....take it for what it is....I don't post in this section often but I even did back then because shertards were trashing the guy for being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Maybe 're-watch' some other fights and give us your perspective on Condit.

<Huh2><{cruzshake}>

Decent win, the way he won was more impressive than the name. I also want to say that DHK is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. The guy is mentioned like a perennial top 10 fighter when he has beaten almost nobody. He is a hugger who wins most of his fights by laying or wall and stalling his opponents. The guy beats lower level talent in better fashion (Erick Silva and John Hathaway), but claiming him as some great win is laughable.

Another overrated fighter.

Yeah he barely lost to Kampmann when he was in his prime, he beat a washed up, over the hill Kampmann, and with that said Martin was another one of these decent fighters, never elite.

Who did he really beat to become the champion? Mickey mouse belt.

You're absolutely delusional. How can you think that it was decisive? It was 3-2 at best and he didn't dominate Lawler in any round. The two dominant rounds were 2 and 5 which were both Lawler rounds.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-condit-breaking-down-the-fightmetric-numbers

Condit outlanded Lawler in ALL 5 rounds some of which were huge differences in favor of Condit.

* Condit 176 of 495 significant strikes landed.
* Lawler 92 of 77 significant strikes landed.
* Condit was the busier fighter and almost doubled Lawler in significant strikes landed. I thought Lawler was a bit lethargic and Condit absolutely won that fight. Condit was robbed. Look at the stats and you might learn something although I suspect you don't bother with fact based opinions...

The answer is of a facetious nature but his " win" over Robbie in the middle of Lawlers run as 170 champ was his best "win".
Rory is second even though McDonald was having his way with Carlos for better part of fight but the fact is- he pulled it out
You sir are correct

Back